The Witcher Version 1.5 Coming Soon!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut differ from The Witcher: Enhanced Edition; which is what I just bought today...and is it going to be a free download for those of us who own The Witcher: Enhanced Edition or are we going to have to buy it?!

Is CDProjekt making any further fixes to the game apart from the no-CD fix? If so, I would like to make a request. Could you please do something about the immortal bounty hunter that appears to kill Geralt if he ever harms a guard? Like making him mortal or at least allowing the player to bribe him away every time instead of just once. I once accidentally killed a guard in a night scuffle and my game was ruined from that point on because he kept killing Geralt every time I went outdoors. I really can't understand your reasoning behind this; this game offers us a great deal of freedom to make our own choices, yet there's this huge restriction that says 'Be a law-abiding citizen and never raise a hand on any guard, or else you'll be a dead man; game over.'

You just have to register your game and you can download the EE 1.5 :
Eriash said:
As usual the patch containing the additional content will be available to download for free from our website for all registered The Witcher and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition owners!
More detailed information will be released in the coming weeks ;)

PetraSilie said:
You just have to register your game and you can download the EE 1.5 :
PetraSilie said:
As usual the patch containing the additional content will be available to download for free from our website for all registered The Witcher and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition owners!
More detailed information will be released in the coming weeks ;)
Oh, so that means that the Director's Cut is essentially version 1.5?

You guys have already squeezed out too much info about the Director's Cut. We're not going to talk about that until we're ready to make an official announcement.

yes i didnt check all the posts...but with 1.5 are you guys gonna fix the "uninstall your firewall/antivirus" leaving you with no decent net protection before installing the EE? or has there been a fix for it now?cheers (thats why i havnt installed EE yet) :(

jr2nd said:
yes i didnt check all the posts...but with 1.5 are you guys gonna fix the "uninstall your firewall/antivirus" leaving you with no decent net protection before installing the EE? or has there been a fix for it now?cheers (thats why i havnt installed EE yet) :(
What? I've never uninstalled anything and I have played Witcher:EE just fine. Did you try it without uninstalling them?

Arlborn said:
Arlborn said:
What? I've never uninstalled anything and I have played Witcher:EE just fine. Did you try it without uninstalling them?
i had the original non EE + the downloaded upgrades, wtih my firewall/antivirus it would never install EE untill i uninstalled my firewall :/ there was posts here about it when it was first release. ( i have kaspersky) see:Q: Problem with "Catastrophic Failure communicate" or something about a "language.key" A: You should disable and uninstall all the antivirus programs (especially Comodo and Kaspersky ) and any virtual drive applications. reboot and retry to patch. You can reinstall them after the patch has been applied successfully.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

Why do you think it doesn't work? It seems to work for me, at least, I seem to notice a difference in regen.

Because:Stamina level 2Endurance Regeneration* Endurance Regeneration + 25%is broken because it only works when Geralt is poisoned (almost never)Stamina level 3Endurance Regeneration* Endurance Regeneration + 50%is broken because it increase endurance regeneration by 10%, not by 50%

Interesting though I'd rather would have liked to here some news along the lines of "The Witcher 2" Coming Soon! OR "The Witcher: [Insert Name Of New Huge Campaign Here]" Coming Soon! :p* Well I prefer Witcher 1.3, but that's me. Will we have to activate again like (v1.4)? didn't appreciate the surprise last time as I'm against online activations.* Will it take a ridiculous amount of time to patch like (v1.4) did? frankly, there is no reason for the patching to take so long... makes the patching system suspiciously shoddy and incredibly annoying.* Will we finally be able to Hide The INTERFACE out of the view port so we can finally TAKE BEAUTIFUL SCREENSHOTS?

LordSullivan said:
* Will we finally be able to Hide The INTERFACE out of the view port so we can finally TAKE BEAUTIFUL SCREENSHOTS?
No. You can hide the interface using mods available on forum.

Flash said:
Flash said:
* Will we finally be able to Hide The INTERFACE out of the view port so we can finally TAKE BEAUTIFUL SCREENSHOTS?
No. You can hide the interface using mods available on forum.
I appreciate the info, but we really shouldn't have to use Mods for a simple easy to program thing such as hiding the interface and also... the game shouldhave a "Auto Save Screenshot Function"!! another easy thing to code, its ridiculous to have to have to ALT+CTRL+DEL out of the fullscreen game to saveour screenshot in yet, another application... Come on! :p

more refinement is rarely a bad thing ... personally, failing the appearance of the Witcher 2 (ya, i know), i look forward to the enhancements ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom