The Witcher vs. other RPGs

+
well NWN2 was nice.. but it lagged with my pc..Oblivion.. great graphics but no real freedom of actionGothic3 couldn't play.. even with everything low or off it i had 1-2FPS...so i hope that the witcher will be just perfect

kdar

Forum veteran
Oblivion graphics didn't look very good. Sure the forest look great but every thing else... no.Gothic graphics was much better. Not just the level of graphics.. But it had a bit more "real".. I think, then in Oblivion.

I was fairly disappointed with NWN2 - but then again the story sucked for NWN1 as well. It was the modding community that made the game great. I'm sure it will be the same for NWN2 as well. I'm basically just sitting back and waiting for now. I see endless potential here for mods, but I've heard that creating PWs may be pretty difficult. Are you having many issues, Kdar?

Kdar said:
Oblivion graphics didn't look very good. Sure the forest look great but every thing else... no.Gothic graphics was much better. Not just the level of graphics.. But it had a bit more "real".. I think, then in Oblivion.
I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that one. IMO, Oblivion's graphics were quite impressive in all respects...the forests and exteriors looked great, but so did the interiors (beautifullly detailed) and buildings, and weapons and armor. Perhaps some of the character models were a tad unrealistic, but thanks to the thriving mod community, there are many options available to fix this, as well as make everything in the game even prettier. In fact, the Oblivion mod community is incredible in general.

Well, I played Oblivion with the mod oldblivion for geforce 4. It ran fast and looked quite good.For 2 or 3 years the Witcher game was meant to run on geforce 4. But now they updated to DirectX9 and shader 2.0. I would be very disappointed if I can not run the Witcher. I had upgraded to DirectX 9 card for nwn2, but that just sucked. I would need a completely new computer and that costs too much.

oblivion is really static.. people doesn't really do anything, just walking and if you talk you will the same line " i heard there's a (something) (somewhere) somebody should (kill, find it.. etc..)" and that's all.. i hope TW will be more realistic in this case

I agree with Kdar that Gothic 1,2 are more "alive" than Oblivion but third part was dead like ... nevermind , it was just dead. You couldn't even talk to most of NPCs ...

I was very dissapointed when I discover thah in Oblivion is so few weapons. And the quests... well exept main quest everything else was boring.

I think main quest was most boarding , closing these gates ... Well this new sequel of Oblivion , knights of the nine , is quite interesting , but without that Oblivion is very boaaaarding...Telaer: Woops , my mistake Corected

That's weird, i haven't seen a single boar in Oblivion so far Blizari z Rivii: umm, not really :D you meant boring didn't you?

Oblivion was seriously disappointing for me as a avid fan of the series. Yes, it was a beautiful game and I had no problems running it at full bore. However, the game world was empty and void of any real feel. I was also disappointed with Gothic 3 and what a seriously buggy game that was. NWN 2 was also depressing and did nothing for me. I was a long time NWN player also.In all honesty, me and my wife have been playing Titan Quest: Immortal Throne quite a bit. It is a really fun game. Hellgate London is due out soon as well and I am currently in a few MMO beta tests that are keeping me busy. I have really been disappointed with the lack of seriously good RPG's the last few years. I truly hope that The Witcher does not get censored for U.S. distribution. I am so looking forward to this game as I always have.

yeah there are no really good RPG's around, you should try Silverfall or Jade Empire IMHO both are really nice games

Byuing JE I thought that it will be like KotOR but in China. But after 19 hours of playing all the fun stopped. Definitely too short, very good though.

yeah JE is short.. but at least you can be gay various romances with team memmbers is nice but still its like KotOR, since i liked KotOR i like JE passed the game at "Jade Master" difficulty

I didn't have time yet to play at Jade Master. Still, I'm sure I will and this time I'll be bad to the bone :D

Stalkeris said:
yeah there are no really good RPG's around, you should try Silverfall or Jade Empire IMHO both are really nice games
You are joking right? You have got to! Silverfall and JE are nice games?Would you humor me by explaining what is so nice about either of them?Jade Empire:Visuals: suck. This game reeks of being a console port. Graphics are vastly inferior to what one has come to expect of PC games. Fonts, interface, polygon counts, textures, camera controls - everything sucks. One thing that I liked is the native wide screen support.Controls: inadequate. Once again its a console port and not a very good one at that.Story: as generic as they come. You are an orphan who knows nothing about himself. Growing up in a very secluded community you are taught by a wise old master... You know the rest.Overall: this game is what Star Wars KotOR would have been if it was made by some Russian company and not BioWare. It is essentially the same exact game only poorly made. The fact that it was actually made by BioWare is mind boggling.Silverfall:This is simply a Diablo clone with horrendous graphics and the WORST controls, camera and gameplay EVER.I am baffled and amazed that anyone would call these games "nice".

yeah, yeah these games sucks,my games taste sucks and bla bla bla i played these games while i waited for C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and i will play these two until The Witcher comes out

Top Bottom