The Witcher vs. other RPGs

+
OK, since we started talking about other RPGs than only The Witcher and Oblivion I decided to change the name of the topic to a more wide one.What are your favourite RPGs? Why do you like them? What chances does The Witcher have against them?Let's talk ;)

Favourite? Definetly Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale - great storyline, nice humor, fun to play them and almost no bugs The Witchers chances? Huuuuuuuuuge...

lord_ok said:
Diablo (1,2) - that is the king of RPG´s. Will be the Wicher better? I hope so:)))))
Diablo is a Hack and Slash game with RPG elements and without astonishing plot. BG can be called king of RPG's.

RPG = a game where you play a role in a plot, develop a character, etc.Diablo = a game where you click on moving pixels until they stop moving

Stalkeris said:
yeah, yeah these games sucks,my games taste sucks and bla bla bla i played these games while i waited for C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and i will play these two until The Witcher comes out
Oh please. Don't make my comments look like an attack on you.You have to admit, both games are severely lacking in nearly all departments. I bought JE because I expected something like KotOR, but rich in Chinese lore. There is nothing wrong with owning the game, but I still can't believe that you thought it was good.Oh and C&C3 is awesome! KANE LIVES!!! I am almost finished with the GDI campaign, NOD is next on my list.

well dont "own" the game.. i "got" in some other ways i played JE from morning to evening and ended it all..so it isn't very good or long, but still my day was entertained and yeah CnC3 is awesome!!! haha i already finished GDI at normal difficulty , now it's NOD i can tell you, GDI is much more easyer to play than NOD, make 5-10 mammoths and you won

C&C 3 is not an RPG ...it's a strategy game.....I have the New Jade Empire PC game and am really having alot of fun playing it....The story line, the combat and the whole vertual world of JE seems very well done IMO......The Baldur's Gate series as well as the Icewind Dale seiries to me are King as well. Although I have never been able to finish Icewind Dale 2 I really think they are the best.

its an RTS so? still it's a good game, NWN is nice i liked Dark Messiah its RPG but it is more like first-person shooter to me, nice graphics and such BUT sorry to say poorly done story

Yes indeed, I have Dark Messiah! I really enjoy playing the single player ver.of the game ....never tried the mp game though.

intresting taste you got...i didn't liked Dark Messiah, i mean yeah superb graphics and physics but the plot... its soo... dunno but IMHO the story is not the strongest part of that game i hope TW will be better

Yup, Dark Messiah is great action game with RPG elements. But the game essence is amazing fights, when we slashing some enemies :) The Witcher is more ambitious game - true RPG with funtastic storyline. Not H&S.

Stalkeris said:
well dont "own" the game.. i "got" in some other ways
Great... you stole it and now you are bragging about your thievery on another game developer's forum.Way to go...Are you going to steal the Witcher too?

xaxa nobody said that i stole the game it is your problem if you think so.. i buy ALL games that i have, one way or another... BTW i hope that The Witcher will have really good protection from hackers and such people

Well then try to be more clear. You said you didn't "own" the game, but instead "got" it in "other ways".To me this means that you stole it, since you don't "own" it, because when you buy something you own it. Maybe I am wrong.You now say that you buy all the games you have, "one way or another". What is that supposed to mean? I know only "one way" of buying a game. You pay money and receive your game in return either in a store or via the Internet. I may be wrong, once again. Would you please tell me what that "another" way is?

another way is for me to know, and for You to find out . Kdar STALKER is really nice, much action and such :) pitty my pc is too weak to play it with comfort..i have 2-5fps later ingame good luck to you

Top Bottom