The Witcher wins IGN's "Best of E3 - PC RPG"

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher wins IGN's "Best of E3 - PC RPG"

E3 2007 has come and gone, leaving behind a trail of articles by gaming websites on the good, the bad, the in between, the surprises, the tears, the shock, and the overall hype about games to die for. Naturally, "The Witcher" has made its mark at the convention, as well, winning IGN's "Best of E3 - PC RPG"! Yeah! Take a look here!

I concur :) Comforting to know that it isn't just my imagination playing games that this title's going to hit big. But even more comforting would be if I could finally lock myself in a room with a brand new box right off the shelf! :pP

I'm not lying when I say that I want The Witcher more than any other game right now. Even more than Call of Duty 4 and World in Conflict. And on a side note I'm also a veteran forum member on the IGN boards and I've been spreading praise about The Witcher every chance I get.

Since it beat the highly-anticipated Hellgate: London that will cause a lot of people wondering "WTF is The Witcher?" to get interested in it.

Haha! Nothing like a bit of promotion. Thanks for that activity on the IGN forum, matt :) Should get the whole thing going if gamers spread the word. I try to do the same. My favorite part is when other forum members on various forums go, like Darian said - "WTF is The Witcher" and then when we can explain to them what's going on :)

wow, an ign forum member who lives to tell the tale and did not go insane ;Dand yeah, I get the "WTF is theWitcher" many times as well. I think CDProject/ATARI shouldhype it much more in the USofA, most of the europeans I know at least HEARD of the game already.but when you enter a discussion about Hellgate and say sthg like "I won't buy it until it gets cheaper because I will waste all of my time in autuumn to play Bioshock and TheWitcher"most of the time you get this answer:"WTF is theWitcher and how on earth can you think it will be BETTER THAN HELLGATE ?"which I answer with"I did not say it will be better, those are totally different games in design, story, setting and gameplay, they only seem to share the 3rd person perspective. it's like comparing COD4 (corridor shooter) with theWitcher"and so on and so on.

yea I lurked in there as well and see WTF are The Witchers and so on And Im not talking about the ING members that are also part of this forum.Thing is that a lot in that forum dont think out side the box like we do ;)

I'd be actually interested how the new E3 looks like compared to the previous "version" of it. I've read a bit here and there but it still doesn't make sense to me. What actually changed? Did they just close off the convention to the public? Can anyone confirm?

there is a small exhibition center (small compared to the old E3) with booths.less half-naked self-degrading boothbabes, competitions and side-shows.all the special presentations are being held in hotels around the exhibition center or across town.

Well that kind of sucks... You know why the organisers made that kind of decision? I'm sure the popularity of the show must've plummeted because of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom