The Wrong DLCs or The Wrong Priorities (POLL)

+

Which ones do you prefer for new DLCs/Features??

• Advanced Character Customization, Transmog Weapons/clothes, Vehicle Customization, TPP mode

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • New Jackets, New (pseudo) Vehicles, Character alt skins

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I am too frustated to even care at this point

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • others (post reply)

Votes: 29 33.3%

• Total voters
Open world activities. For example, slot machines, races, psycho visions, more joytoys, space tenis, shooting laser game... i dont know... this is not my job.

"THE WRONG DLCS OR THE WRONG PRIORITIES (POLL)"

Voted, "others". Sincerely hope for expansions, new costumes, new features, new neighborhoods, new districts, new vehicles. The latest vehicle especially revved up my hopes for a drivable Mahir MT28 Coach.

I think there is still a lack of internal communication between the same team, the dlc adds 2 jackets but the patch added 35 clothes that were previously not accessible.
The mere fact that they add AI to the police and that the npc do not disappear when looking the other way is worth more than all the 17 DLC planned.
Are you saying they did this, or that they need to do this? I tested this out and the game still behaves the same way. Fire a pistol into the sky and everyone vanishes when I do a 360. Gangs having a blazing shootout, sending stray bullets into cop cars and peds - no response from the police.

The Witcher DLCs did include some new quests, so I really wonder why the first DLC we got really was the bare minimum. Can they really afford this in their position?
Maybe to not add "too much" in the game who is quite "fixed" now.
In my opinion, it was quite risky to add quests or "big" things in a game who CDPR tried to fix since many months (add jackets, car and nibble's features is a "minimal" risk. No chance or almost to add new bug/problem).
But it's a "little" step, the future ones will probably be "longer" :)

I've got one toe in the "frustrated" option but voted other because I'd like DLC that adds just a few texts from the characters. They don't even need to be ones that you can respond to with multiple choices, just something to make it feel like the characters exist outside waiting in one spot for V to come interact with them. There's a lot of data shards that deliver general and quest lore, texts wouldn't be too different, just character-oriented info drops instead of world, and (probably?? possibly?) easier to implement than other kinds of DLC.

Vik shows up for your championship match and he seems like he's a good buddy in the story, but you don't really hear from him outside scripted events, same with Misty who's grieving and knows you're grieving Jackie too. Romances too, of course but nothing fancy. Nothing novel-length or outrageous, just a little "how do you do" from the characters V interacts with repeatedly.

Voted "other". Don't care much about vanity stuff, enjoy the game as is. It would be a bonus, but I rather have more missions, NG+ and meaningful open world things to do. Played it with a very bug free experience on Xbox Series X and now just waiting for Next Gen update and more content. Pretty much exhausted the game with my first and only playthrough (250 h).

Open world activities. For example, slot machines, races, psycho visions, more joytoys, space tenis, shooting laser game... i dont know... this is not my job.
Unfortunately the probabiity of such things are even more slim for free DLCs. Even then, it's still rather slim with big expansions stuffs. I did made some posts/threads of ideas for basically "leisure activities" for Cyberpunk 2077:

New Rogue-like Roleplay mode
NIGHT CITY RUNNERS (link)
Basically a Cyberpunk Red Roleplay mode with some rogue-like elements & storytelling.

Braindance & Leisure Activities Ideas
Types of BDs (link)
Ideas for Mini Game BDs (link)

Guest 3847602

Maybe to not add "too much" in the game who is quite "fixed" now.
Maybe they're simply following plans they've made pre-release and the ones we received last week were the first on this list. First pack of free DLCs for TW3 didn't include new quests either.
What's more interesting imo is their decision to deliver free DLC via patch, so I wonder if this implies regular small patches and hotfixes for CP or free DLCs are going to be released at much slower pace than those for TW3.

Maybe they're simply following plans they've made pre-release and the ones we received last week were the first on this list. First pack of free DLCs for TW3 didn't include new quests either.
What's more interesting imo is their decision to deliver free DLC via patch, so I wonder if this implies regular small patches and hotfixes for CP or free DLCs are going to be released at much slower pace than those for TW3.
Yep, it could be as simple as that. Even if I was not thinking that "the same way as TW3" could be as close. I was just starting from the principle that adding a quest (even a "simple" one) to a game whose quests still encounter bugs/problems would have been a bit risky or simply "badly perceived" :)
Yep, surprising for DLCs to "incude" them in a patch. So we will see "soon", I think.

I personally think the increased character customization options would be the most welcome addition at the current state of the game. I know very well the big hitters like AI overhaul etc. would be the most beneficial ones but those are such massive undertakings that if they are even coming, which I personally doubt at this point, it wouldn't make a difference anymore if they were delayed a few months to allow us to get a haircut after character creation.

Top Bottom