The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Triss would ve done the same, but she was close under surveillance of Francesca

Triss did literally the same, even more than that because Thanedd

True, but also i highly suspect the primary function was detecting and surveillance
because of the reason i already stated (obvious loyal to the lodge)

HAH!!! so does Philippa earlier, hehehe und look how that turned out :p

We re talking about sorceresses being loyaless, heartless, caclulating, sexmaniac, scrupulosity, power - crazed
manipulative beasts :p :p :p
Yeah @Kinley I'm sorry, I'll put spoiler tag. Didn't think about that for a minute.

• And Fringilla was under the surveillance of all the Lodge.
  • I'm not stating Triss didn't help Geralt, but if we have to be nitpicking she and Tissaia helped him.
  • If it was the primary function then she wouldn't have asked Geralt what happened in the cave, and he pulled a fast one when she did it, and also the Lodge wouldn't have taken his words as true when they clearly weren't, meaning going to Stygga instead of Rhys-Rhun as he said.
  • Filippa did what? Are you talking about Blood of Elves? I think it's better talk about when Lodge was founded and she literally left Geralt to death when Yennefer talked to her and Triss.
Oh well if your thoughts about all the sorceresses are all the same then it's not worth talking about who did this or who did that. :p

I like where this is going hehehhehe

you know how we ll end here? After we finish TW3? This thread will start Ragnarök

I am sure about that XD

@wichat @SephiraV :heart:

I know... and there are fore sure ... expectations ;) such as Triss and Yennefer... ;)

And Fringilla was under the surveillance of all the Lodge.

True, but not that close as Triss i think.

I'm not stating Triss didn't help Geralt, but if we have to be nitpicking she and Tissaia helped him.

Yes becasue Triss was exhausted from defending herself there... you know shit just went down
at Thanedd

If it was the primary function then she wouldn't have asked Geralt what happened in the cave, and he pulled a fast one when she did it, and also the Lodge wouldn't have taken his words as true when they clearly weren't, meaning going to Stygga instead of Rhys-Rhun as he said.

Might be for the second part, maybe it just didn t work full. For the first part is just also could be a
distraction move by her. You know to hide the true purpose of detection.

Filippa did what? Are you talking about Blood of Elves? I think it's better talk about when Lodge was founded and she literally left Geralt to death when Yennefer talked to her and Triss.

Forgot about the scene with the Michelet brothers? Why Philippa was there and that she just used Geralt?
That was the "turning" point i meant *smirk*

Last edited:
I can't betray Triss, she healed Geralds wounds.

Wait till CDPR makes your Geralt remember when he recover his memories. In games, you don't know anything about Yen and a lot about Triss. What would you do if recovering these memories you discover that Yen had save your life more than once time? Won't you be betraying her then?

I know CDPR don't make us easy the path of these two women in our Geralt heart. ;)

I want to play it ALREADY!

Forgot about the scene with the Michelet brothers? Why Philippa was there and that she just used Geralt?
That was the "turning" point i meant *smirk*
Yeah, yeah, I know now. :p
There was not other way, she couldn't leave him bleeding like that, not in front of others, also because she kinda promised she would give him Rience, then she estinguished the debt during Thanedd coup giving Ciri instead of him.
It is all connected, dammit. Ahhh. :p

This question has been plaguing me since Witcher 1.
It seems like neither Yen nor Ciri have been looking for Geralt, and it seems like they've been just doing their own things. On the other hand Geralt's main objective was to recover his memories and find Yen and Ciri. Some might argue that Yen had lost her memory also, but we know that she has her memories back in the Witcher 3. Yet Geralt is still the one pursuing her, while she is busy with her own thing. Other might argue that Yen does not know that he is back, but she is a sorceress and Triss said that she felt Geralt reappearing via a disturbance in forces (magic). If Triss did feel it so should have Yen. Now people might argue that well Triss was closer to the place of Geralt's reappearance and maybe the magical aurora did not reach far. But even if she did not feel Geralt returning, she should have heard the news of Geralt's reappearance. Shilard said that the rumor that the famed White Wolf has retuned has spread even throughout Niflgard, and one of the reasons he was visiting the North was to investigate on the subject matter.
Most importantly why wasn't Triss in the loop of what was going on with Yen and Ciri ? I'd assume Triss would at least be interested in Yen's whereabouts with their history and both being sorceresses.

Some might argue that Yen had lost her memory also, but we know that she has her memories back in the Witcher 3.

My theory is because they are linked by destiny, when Geralt recovered his memories Yennefer also did, but we shall see in Witcher 3 :p

Most importantly why wasn't Triss in the loop of what was going on with Yen and Ciri ? I'd assume Triss would at least be interested in Yen's whereabouts with their history and both being sorceresses.

That's a good point, but I guess she got distracted by all the events that happened in Witcher 1 and 2, but I know for a fact that the Lodge kept an eye out for Yennefer and Ciri.

I personally would have to choose Triss because Geralt and Yennefer have tried to have a relationship but it just didn't work.

Didn't work? 20 years of their life and it didn't work?

Haven't Wild Hunt been a little bit responsible of that, perhaps?

Well, if is this the reason to chose Triss then I wonder what's love got to do with it.... (Hi Tina!)

Geralt and Yen did not have a normal and functional relationship per say, but how could a sterile Witcher and an unsocial and emotionally closed sorceress have what we call a normal relationship. But against all the odds and obstacles they loved and cared for each other in their own ways, and they had a especial and beautiful relationship. So it definitely worked for them. After reading the books you'll realize that they are soul mates, even if they are not in a sexual relationship.
This is weird coming from me who argues for Triss relationship as well. But I also believe both relationships have potential, and I am going to wait to see how events unfold in the Witcher 3. My decision is not pre-determined at this moment, and this means it may be either Triss or Yen or even neither of the two.

Maybe the twist in the story will be that Triss knew Yennefer's whereabouts all along and tried to keep her out of sight/kill her with lodge's support which explains all the secrecy :p haha

This question has been plaguing me since Witcher 1.
It seems like neither Yen nor Ciri have been looking for Geralt, and it seems like they've been just doing their own things. On the other hand Geralt's main objective was to recover his memories and find Yen and Ciri. Some might argue that Yen had lost her memory also, but we know that she has her memories back in the Witcher 3. Yet Geralt is still the one pursuing her, while she is busy with her own thing. Other might argue that Yen does not know that he is back, but she is a sorceress and Triss said that she felt Geralt reappearing via a disturbance in forces (magic). If Triss did feel it so should have Yen. Now people might argue that well Triss was closer to the place of Geralt's reappearance and maybe the magical aurora did not reach far. But even if she did not feel Geralt returning, she should have heard the news of Geralt's reappearance. Shilard said that the rumor that the famed White Wolf has retuned has spread even throughout Niflgard, and one of the reasons he was visiting the North was to investigate on the subject matter.

Well, maybe because Yenn is looking for Ciri while Geralt is having fun with Triss? How about this? And Ciri has her own bag of trouble... beside we don't know why she returned to this world. You seriously blame her for not looking for Geralt after she saved his life 0_o

Last edited:
Wait till CDPR makes your Geralt remember when he recover his memories. In games, you don't know anything about Yen and a lot about Triss. What would you do if recovering these memories you discover that Yen had save your life more than once time? Won't you be betraying her then?

I know CDPR don't make us easy the path of these two women in our Geralt heart. ;)

I want to play it ALREADY!

Hmmm, looks like I have to explain to Triss than, that I must chose Yen :D

Well, maybe because Yenn is looking for Ciri while Geralt is having fun with Triss? How about this? And Ciri has her own bag of trouble... beside we don't know why she returned to this world. You seriously blame her for not looking for Geralt after she saved his life 0_o
Geralt's main objective was to recover his memories and find Yennefer, and he dealt with the burdens that fell on his shoulders, such as recovering stolen mutagens and clearing his name after getting accused of killing Foltest, along the way. He did not even know that Ciri was in danger.
You are talking about Geralt as if he is a useless drunken slouch incapable of anything except fucking. Yennefer can really use Geralt's help in order to save Ciri and deal with the Wild Hunt, since he is one the greatest sword-fighters in the kingdoms if not the the greatest. Plus Geralt has hunted down the Wild Hunt before, and might I remind you that he was the one that saved Yennefer's life by offering his own life to the King of the Wild Hunt for that of hers. Finally Geralt has a right to know what is going on with Ciri, because he is basically her father.
I did not blame Ciri for not finding Geralt in order to help him, I was just wondering why she has not sought his help as his daughter. It is understandable since Ciri may not even know that Geralt is back.

And you are talking about Yenn or Ciri like they don't care about Geralt. I'm telling you that Yenn was looking for her "daughter" while Geralt was dealing with mutagens and Foltest. Beside that Yenn is aware that he is quite happy in his relationship with Triss. So yes, it's up to Geralt to find Yenn and try to explain his behavior. It's not Yenn who has found another love after return to this world. She has more important things to do. And even more, she has right to feel been betrayed by both Triss and Geralt. But why would you think about Yenn, while you are blindly happy for Triss. Thinking she is all good and innocent.

I personally would have to choose Triss because Geralt and Yennefer have tried to have a relationship but it just didn't work.

But it did work. Their relationship was all over the place, and yet at the end of those 20 years they were still together. Yennefer almost died to keep Geralt alive. And she would have died, if she had not passed out. I think that when the game comes out and people get properly introduced to their relationship, a lot of people will change their minds.

There's no other way to say this, and it sounds really cliche, but she is the One. Like Neo. His Destiny is hers.

@shawn_kh and @ajiehb

I'm sure Yennefer and Ciri had their reasons for not contacting Geralt. Maybe they tried but could not. Yennefer as far as we know, is Emhyr's prisoner. And Ciri is probably not in the Witcher World. Because you know, she's being chased. I'm pretty sure we'll find out about all of that in the game.

As for Triss.. I don't think she "played" Geralt. I mean not knowingly. She wouldn't do that. She is his friend and she knows what Yennefer and Ciri mean to him. Maybe she did hide Yennefer's location from him, but that does not mean she did it out of malice.

Last edited:
And you are talking about Yenn or Ciri like they don't care about Geralt. I'm telling you that Yenn was looking for her "daughter" while Geralt was dealing with mutagens and Foltest. Beside that Yenn is aware that he is quite happy in his relationship with Triss. So yes, it's up to Geralt to find Yenn and try to explain his behavior. It's not Yenn who has found another love after return to this world. She has more important things to do. And even more, she has right to feel been betrayed by both Triss and Geralt. But why would you think about Yenn, while you are blindly happy for Triss. Thinking she is all good and innocent.
Well, according to Letho, Yennefer seduced Auckes when she was together with the witchers from the Viper school. You can argue she she had lost her memory and didn't remember Geralt, but the same can be said about Geralt. The first time Geralt remembers Yennefer is during the interrogation with Roche, which happens after he had sex with Triss. (temerian camp) The elven bath scene is the player's choice, so it's not canon. So I don't see your point why Yennefer has the right feel betrayed by Geralt. By Triss? Yes, she obviously abused Geralt's lost memory. But Geralt just didn't know about Yennefer until his memories returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom