The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! It's a mature game based on mature reactions from mature people for mature gamers.

I've abused a bit with mature

---------- Updated at 08:20 PM ----------

Yeah... yeah.. Fringilla? Do you hear him?

Fringilla? You meant Francesca? Riight? ;)

No, Miss Vigo, don't confuse with Vigo, main city in Pontevedra...

Last edited:
I just wanted to kill miss Vigo in return, but they told me that the content is closed. I guess my revenge must wait.

Damned, so 1 of the remaining 12 DLC is already "locked" too .....

I strong feel that the choice should be given to us.
I have read the books and I think I would go with the fird optioln: Geralt not choosing either of the two women.
But I also understand why many of book readers belive that Yenn and Geralt are bound for eternity and would not wish to see any other choice.

I have to say, after reading the books and playing the first game after the second, I am no longer a huge fan of Triss. In the first game she spends a lot of time being manipulative despite trying to help Geralt. Her character in the books actually digresses into hypocrisy. I believe it was in Blood of Elves when she tells Geralt that he can't just stay neutral, and one day he will have to fight for a cause. That sometimes things are worth fighting for, which is why she made a stand at Sodden Hill. Although she saves Geralt on Thaned, she still then spends the remainder of the books kissing ass to Filippa and the Lodge. Even Neneke tells her that she needs to stop whining basically about her claims of being prevented to act by the Lodge as she had made her choice and that it was hers to make and live with. Ironically, the neutral and disinterested witcher Geralt who didn't want to meddle in anything along with the selfish and reputation preceding Yennefer somehow find it in themselves to fight for a noble cause which is to save Ciri not matter the cost. Both grow as characters substantially whereas Triss does not. I'm curious to see how the devs will handle all that. Judging by the number of game endings though, I imagine there may be options to chose between the two, but to me the logical choice is Yennefer, through fate or otherwise.

I always have the feeling that Geralt's decisions won't be directly linked to choose between Triss or Yennefer. But, without any without any suspicion or evidence for us, unknowing the consequences, more than one decisions will make one or the other woman join Geralt in his quest / protection of Ciri.

Be carefull, guys... Remember my wisest words: be careful of your choices...

I always have the feeling that Geralt's decisions won't be directly linked to choose between Triss or Yennefer. But, without any without any suspicion or evidence for us, unknowing the consequences, more than one decisions will make one or the other woman join Geralt in his quest / protection of Ciri.

Be carefull, guys... Remember my wisest words: be careful of your choices...

Not sure i see the value in making such a thing a result of an indirect blind choice rather than a direct open one.

I'm speculating. CDPR team don't stop to repeat that Geralt won't chose for a good or bad solution because nothing in this world it's so clear. And introducing Yennefer just as a direct rival of Triss and pushing Geralt to choice from one of both sorceresses seems too much easy and evident.

I hope that such decision don't remain in a mere you or you but in a more complex plot.

I'm speculating. CDPR team don't stop to repeat that Geralt won't chose for a good or bad solution because nothing in this world it's so clear. And introducing Yennefer just as a direct rival of Triss and pushing Geralt to choice from one of both sorceresses seems too much easy and evident.

Exactly what i am afraid of my lovely purr purr lady .... i really doubt CDPR will let us get away THAT easy... no matter
if book "fanatics" scream YENNEFER!!!! and teamtriss screams TRISS!!! :D :D

I hope that such decision don't remain in a mere you or you but in a more complex plot.

How about Geralt just flips a coin at a certain point in the game ? hehehehe

I would love if at least we as player have the choice to say its Yen or Triss. I dunno the exact relationship between ciri and geralt but maybe there can happen sth too? :x

I would love if at least we as player have the choice to say its Yen or Triss. I dunno the exact relationship between ciri and geralt but maybe there can happen sth too? :x
Uh.. no. Theirs is a father/daughter relationship, that would just be... wrong.

As for Y/T, I'm sure the choice will be there in some fashion. But for anyone who's read the books, we know there's only one real choice Geralt would make.

As for Y/T, I'm sure the choice will be there in some fashion. But for anyone who's read the books, we know there's only one real choice Geralt would make.

Thx for the information mate.

What I ask myself is: The books are 5 years before the witcher series starts. so where do I get all the informations about the geralt/yen relationship n stuff?

Is everything explained in the 7 books? Or lets say 5 books because the first 2 were just some small stories.

I ve read the books, no for me there is NOT only 1 "real" choice... not after the story got further than Lady of the Lake.
But all #teamyen lore fanatics seem to forget that some years have passed ... and the chars developed even further
than in the books :D

Already wrote some sides before what MUST happend that i turn my back to Triss or Yennefer.

Thx for the information mate.

What I ask myself is: The books are 5 years before the witcher series starts. so where do I get all the informations about the geralt/yen relationship n stuff?

Is everything explained in the 7 books? Or lets say 5 books because the first 2 were just some small stories.

It's actually not "just small stories", everything is explained there. The first two books are equally important to the story.

But all #teamyen lore fanatics seem to forget that some years have passed ... and the chars developed even further
than in the books
Hello, #teamyen evil fan here. I don't think I forgot that detail, I know they developed, nonetheless I know what my decision will be, is that so wrong? :p

Or lets say 5 books because the first 2 were just some small stories.

All 7 books are important to define characters' background, first 2 also explain the beginnning, how developed, and why, of that relationship, going around Geralt and Yennefer behaviour.

You say this, but this is not unheard of in fantasy settings, including this one.
Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon,
daughter of Duny and Pavetta
, was to be married to Emhyr var Emreis
who is Duny, and this is known to both Duny/Emhyr and Geralt.

I ve read the books, no for me there is NOT only 1 "real" choice... not after the story got further than Lady of the Lake.
than in the books

I dunno man, Geralt's final wish in The Last Wish in addition to
Triss being a rapist
which he'll probably remember and have to deal with in tw3 Wild Hunt.... This is quite complex. Maybe Geralt will change, maybe there'll be some justification that says Yen is just as bad as Triss. Perhaps
he'll learn that Yennefer was a part of the experiments with Ciri's bloodline which i'm 90% sure he didn't discover by the end of the books
and have some complexes with her there given how much he loves Ciri. Perhaps, just as Geralt has changed due to player decisions from his amnesia, Yennefer will be slightly different to how we know her from the books.

I don't think it's very black and white, there's no definitive 'they developed beyond the books'-- there's layers to this stuff, some of which is in the books, some of which is layered in from the games. The games were based on the books! I'm more inclined to believe Geralt, as I play him, will be interested in getting to know Yennefer again based on what dirt I have on Triss and how she's manipulated a man missing his memory so blatantly. To me that isn't right and that's not what a friend does--that's not what you do to amnesiacs, regardless of your personal desires. Maybe the game will offer me something that will change my mind, but at the moment I have my inclinations set out and they're pretty reasonable.

@mecha_fish

in both games it is Geralt (the player) who initiates the relationship with Triss, you think she is
evil because she just give in her desires? :D :D Also if Triss is manipulative... what the heck is
Yennefer then? Just reread the last wish and sword of destiny... nah... there is not that
much difference between those two sorceresses. But i see that Triss is definatly not that
good described in the books which causes the whole T/Y dilemma :D

Well, it should be clear... both of them (for me) must act in a way that threatens Ciri or Geralt
and / or the father daughter relationship, so that i have a reason to abandon them. Or even
worse... to fight and kill them.

I also might really end up flipping a coin at a certain point in the game :) depends on how good
CDPR will make us struggle with this situation.

@Sephira

Yes my lady, it is wrong :p you might end up with a knife in your back... in a situation where you
NEVER would expect it :p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom