The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geralt is the same person from the books, but at the same time Geralt is not the same person as in the books.

This is especially true in the case of his relationship with Yen and Triss. Yen was Geralt's partner in the books, and she was the dominant partner in the relationship. Geralt had no chance of experiencing Triss's tenderness, love, and passion as a long term partner with the presence of Yennfer. He had casual sex with Triss, but it never developed into an actual long term relationship because Yen was there to fill that role. Triss seemed like a clingy stalker because of Yen's presence, but as a partner these characteristics turn into a woman's love and passion for a man whom she loves unconditionally. And Triss does love Geralt unconditionally for who he is, even when he had amnesia which caused him to be nothing but a burden. Geralt has had a chance to experience a true relationship with Triss in the games, because of his amnesia and Yen not being there to hold onto his leash. So the Triss relationship can compete with the Yen relationship at this point, but it could not in the books.

Some people seem to ignore Yen's flaws and only see Triss's flaws.
Yen did manipulate Geralt, Yen did control Geralt, Yen did have double standards, Yen did use Geralt for her own ambitions, and so did Triss.
Yen did love Geralt, Yen did make sacrifices for Geralt, Yen did save Geralt's life, Yen did help Geralt to grow as a man, and so did Triss.
As for the argument that Yen is Geralt's "true love", I'd say the same argument can be made for Triss.

I wasn't saying that one is better than the other. On the contrary I have said (way back in the thread) that I am going to keep an open mind about both Yen and Triss and see where the story takes me. I have 100 hours of game play to get through before I will know where I stand on everything. I would never say that Triss is not a valid and desirable option depending on your point of view. My guess is that I will ultimately pick Yennefer (based on everything that has happened thus far in the books and games), but that is by no means guaranteed.

My only point in my last post was that Yen and Triss will not likely be sleeping together.

If there was a threesome thing happening with Yen and Triss, they would probably actually be shapeshifting monsters of some description and out to get Geralt for something. Would also show how simple Geralt would be in accepting such an offer given his internally constipated maturity with dealing with the realtionship (imho, the vines i get from the books tell me he isn't a bright spark when dealing with intimate emotions, lets be honest)

I mean, somewhere either in this thread or the Romance/Sex thread a dev described that you could fuck with folk (literally and figuratively -- simultaneously) and they could fuck with you too.

~there are layers to this onion even the threesome onions~

Two things (might be more though) ...

Firstly, could we please get away from the whole "flaws and take advantage of Geralt for selfish reasons" arguments. Not only do these kind of accusations often boil down to an overly simplistic "X does not deserve Geralt, whereas Y does", but they conveniently omit the fact that Geralt himself has hardly been a paragon of virtue when it comes to maintaining a functioning, healthy relationship. And I'm not talking about the occasional unfaithfulness here. The prime example of his, quite honestly, pretty immature, selfish and hurtful behavior can be found in "The Bounds of Reason". Also, these ladies, especially Yennefer, are complex, multi-faceted human beings with their own agendas and motivations. Their existence doesn't revolve solely around Geralt, their raison d'être is not to be at the Witcher's disposal simply because he happens to be the main protagonist of the series.

So, yeah, Yennefer (and to a lesser extend Triss) frequently has her own thing going on. As she should. It's her fucking life, she has a right to it. And a lot of the time her reasons are arguably more honorable, honest and goddamn human than Geralt's.

Also, I find it strange how often certain "condemnable" actions from the beginning of Sapkowski's saga are cited when the character have clearly developed and evolved so much over the course of the events of the books and undergone some profound changes. Hell, I'm guilty of that behavior myself just a couple of sentences ago, criticizing Geralt for some less than honorable deeds commited in his "earlier days". Anyway, the point being, these aren't static characters and they shouldn't be faulted for specific (perhaps regretable) actions or believes held in the past if their character arc shows such a clear growth.

Secondly and more importantly, we're talking about love. Approaching love from a rational angle seems rather pointless. It doesn't matter if Triss (or whoever) would be a better fit for Geralt if Geralt loves Yennefer. All the pain, suffering and heartbreak - and these are all qualities that make that particular relationship so special and elevate it far beyond the usual "two generic protagonists have the hots for each other" - they had to endure (and might still have to endure) won't change that fact. This is not a gain-lose equation. Nor does it necessarily have something to do with finding (long term) happiness.

As for the argument that Yen is Geralt's "true love", I'd say the same argument can be made for Triss.

Yeah, if you give me a convincing argument that can compete with "Sapkowski spend five books plus a couple of short stories establishing the fact that these two are meant ... meh ... destined ... for each other ... ;)

Far be it for me to tell you or anybody else whom he or she should romance in Witcher 3, it's just that everytime someone (and I'm not talking about you explicitly) seems to dismiss Sapkowski creation or puts the plot developments of CDPR's games on equal footing with the books, I have to take a deep breath. I mean, I love these games, they are clearly the work of a dedicated developer who has the utmost respect for its source material. But in some way they are also fan fiction (extremely well-written but nonetheless) that changes certain aspects for story and gameplay purposes that sit a bit uneasy with me. And while I understand the impetus of giving the player the choice to pursue a relationship with Triss (or Shani or Ves in Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 respectively), from the position of a hardcore book fan this feels simply wrong. You are of course free to disagree.

I have written this before, but the relationship between Yennefer and Geralt, with all its ups and downs, is one of the most fascinating and, imho, accomplished in all of fantasy literature because it doesn't follow well-trodden paths and avoids the usual traps that so many authors fall victim to, but instead opts for a far more complicated and non-indulgent depiction of two people in love that manages to feel simultaneously really honest as well as magical. Which is quite a feat. And it all culminates in a beautiful scene that is oh so heartbreaking but at the same time completely satisfying, tinged with both sadness and hopefulness and just about perfect. So the idea that all this can be explained away by saying "Well, Geralt lost his memory, things changed and Triss is really devoted to him" is disheartening, even if you could make some good (non-book-based) arguments for it. Again, I don't begrudge anyone who thinks that Triss is indeed the more appropriate partner for ol' Gwynbleidd (even if I strongly disagree), see Geralt as a perpetual lone wolf or simply don't give a shit. And yes, of course the games can be seen as a seperate entity that is not slavisly beholden to Sapkowski's prose - which a lot of people who have played and will play the games haven't read anyway.

Just one more thing. I heavily object to the notion that Yennefer held Geralt on a leash and now, finally freed from those pesky relationship restrictions imposed by that dominant sorceress, he can finally bloom and discover his hidden feelings for Triss.

Tokei-ihto #Teamthisshouldbefuckingobviousbynow

Last edited:
You are probably right about Triss and especially Yennefers attitude. But I think it is good to have the option to let Geralt try getting both anyway. Though my Geralt will have to live with the (maybe negative) consequences then. Maybe this willingness will be used by some kind of enemies to lure him into a trap or Triss and Yenn will ally to teach him a lesson in some way... . ;)
Well no matter how it will be played out in the end, I am sure such a scene will be very entertaining for me. :)

I look at it this way:

Geralt after waking up with Amnesia felt an imedeate emotional bond between him and Triss. Then people keep telling him over the duration of the first game that a sorceress was always the love of his live. No one tells him about Yennefer(because everyone assumes she is dead as they did with Geralt i assume)tough. So with the Relationship with Triss growing its absolutly plausible that Geralt still under Amnesia really thinks Triss is has to be his beloved sorceress everybody keeps telling him about. So up to the point where he starts to regain his memories its possible he developed a deep love for Triss. Some of it may be an projection of his mind, projeting the Love for Yen on Triss because he lacks the memories at that time.

And at the time he learns about Yen his new feelings for Triss wont just go away. Also he doesnt even know until the end of the 2nd Game if Yen is by any chance still alive.

So at least for my Geralt.. he will have a huge dilemma on his hands in TW3 :D Although i always had the books in my mind while playing through the first 2 Games again recently(also to have fresh saves) i tried to stay in the role of Geralt with Amnesia. At some points i tried to ignore what i knew from the books and just act as Geralt would in this situation without his memories.

This will be fun :D

Maybe we'll be able to "convince" Yennefer and Triss that there is enough sexual appetite for both of them? One can only hope

Well theres always hope :D

But i highly doubt that. even though Triss and Yen are very good friends when it comes to Geralt they are not willing/able to share. With Triss now having a full relationship with Geralt to show for(if the player did choose her) it gets even more difficult. She now propably feels that he has way more to stack up against Yen than ever before.

As someone who read Last Wish and Blood of Elves, played both games and even enjoyed the atrocity that was the TV serie, I hope I can tell both Yen and Triss to sod off in Witcher 3, because I feel it would make most sense with everything that has happened in previous games (with Geralt reoccurring from death, loosing his memory, boinking Triss etc.) as well as previous lore that Geralt would be a bit cautious to who he will end up with.

Initial thoughts

I mentioned this on my initial account but I'll say it again now, CD RED haven't dealt with romance particularly well.... Or rather it was done fine, but too little and too far between, and both games follow a similar role. Give you a nice piece in the start, then nothing until somewhere in the middle, again nothing and finally the conclusion.

Essentially it feels like CD RED best and worst characteristics is that they are such fans of the books, because this means they have designed a game where you "should know" how much these people mean to you because they as developers already know this. The problem is that if the gamer is solely "being told" instead of actually "getting to experience" the romance it's way harder to actually care for the romantic options.

It's weird to say but it's seems that there is a conflict of interest in how the game was designed. Geralt is a witcher, a loner and because he doesn't have companions, you as the player are merely told on how important these characters are rather than actually getting to experience itself (because all romance is pushed aside for the importance of the story etc.). In contrast the strength of Dragon Age, Pillars of Eternity etc. is that these games gives you, the player the option to interact with people you find interesting/likeable which delivers a far more stronger impact.

As of such both previous games have felt like a lazy written TV serie where the only people who really know how much Triss/Shani/Yen should mean to the player are the developer themselves (because you can't justify a game from the books. The game should hold water regardless of the books).

Here's a broad summary on the romance in previous games. This contains minor spoilers from previous games, viewer discretion is advised!

Romance in Witcher 1

Well it started well, you have a conversation in Kaer Morhen with Triss which was meaningful, then a hug and then bye bye! You meet again in Act III, watching Triss having a conversation with another sorceress on how she's been hiding things from Geralt and will continue to do so. You can't press her for further details expect asking who she talked with and that's that.

Now to the bizarre part. You base your relationship on whom you'll give Alvin to... But giving Alvin has nothing to do with Geralt's romantic choice, but rather who is better for Alvin. Give him to Shani and you are giving him a more "normal" life, where he will grow up together with other children with a "normal" parent. Give him to Triss if you believe his magical powers are dangerous and he need to be able to control them.

This isn't who Geralt trust more (it's even said so by his dialogue right after the decision) or care more for. It's his decision in a dangerous situation on who would be the better parent for Alvin... Also Geralt isn't the father figure here yet, Alvin has also been tossed around prior to this to both Abigail, the Reverend and left at St. Lebioda's hospital. Alvin is nothing more than a magical orphan and Geralt's interest is solely that he is in safe hands nothing more (at least still to this point).

After this you then have again a meaningful moment where you, Dandelion and Zoltan discuss the possibility of Geralt having a family... And then you are separated again for Murky Waters. You run around there a bit, write a letter to your loved/friend on your feelings, have a brief conversation with Foltest and the game end.

Romance in Witcher 2

This game... ooh this game... You start in the bed with Triss, have a brief conversation, to then run after Foltest. Act I, you go to Flotsam, where you and Triss do your own things for most of the act until you express "pleasantry" in the elven bath and talk whether you should follow Roach or just ignore it all and go after Yen. You are then separated for the entire game, finds out in the end that she might have lied and deceived you and you can either save her or help Roach/Iorveth.

The funny part is that because we never see much romance or deep conversations with Triss it causes people to not even save her in the last act... Something everyone would do in an instant if it was your friend/loved one. Sure some of it got spoiled because people "knew" she would be saved either way, but this isn't true for the first playthrough and the very notion that a person that should mean a lot for you essentially is thrown aside for all be it, important issues is so easily done, do highlight some design issues by CD RED.

Some good things has been showed however with Witcher 3. It does seem that you can invest more heavily on the relationship/romance role, but I really hope that there's much more emphasis on actually interactions/dialogues between Geralt and his loved ones. Not only quest related conversations but actually just things in general, so that you as the player get to know (especially if you're new to the franchise) what sort of people you have around you.

Now to something a bit different.

People I want to romance in Witcher 3

There's a couple of people that I find far more interesting than Yen & Triss (treating this game franchise individually and not based upon books).

Abigail

Seriously CD RED, stop being a wanker and bring her back! She's awesome and fit Geralt extremely well!

• She's a witch, which means she is an outcast that is hated but still necessary for humans just as Geralt
  • She's powerful and can help Geralt in dangerous situations
  • She knows shit tonne of Lore, monsters, history, prophesies & alchemy
  • She is used to wandering and probably around Geralt's vicinity, since she probably left Murky Water once Nilfgaard got there (because Nilfgaard doesn't treat "ramping" sorceresses particularly well courtesy of Letho) so she will fit well with Geralt monsterslaying.
  • She's a Lionhead Spider Cultist (Awesome!), which means you can have awesome discussions with her of all sort of things that Geralt won't already know
  • She's similar as witcher's as she doesn't care if people end up using her services for evil, as long as she get paid.

Abba

Literally every conversation you had with her in Witcher 1 was stellar and hilarious. It also was perfectly crafted, because it told the player on what sort of character both she and Geralt was. It would be problematic for Geralt to "date" her, but because of her previous involvement with Geralt it could be justified as Geralt "watching over her". She's also powerful (which is good for Geralt) but despised (because of the curse) which again summarizes Geralt pretty well. Because we are also now in Novigrad (Radovid's realm) it would make sense to meet her.

Morenn

I actually liked her from the TV-serie (shucks huh?!) and think she would bring a nice dynamic to Geralt. She's caring for the living and could help Geralt if he ever get wounded, but on the same time would be willing to follow him wandering around. She's a dryad which again could give people interesting lore and also the combination between not being liked by most humans but still caring for Geralt would be a nice contrast. As all dryad she's also good with the bow and could help Geralt at range if the wilderness ever would be too problematic for him. Same as Abba, she would be in the area (Brokilon is close) so you could make a reason to meet her again.

Last edited:
'Press' is going too far. The fans will go bonkers.

And rightfully so. A Triss-Yen-Geralt threesome is so ridiculous I'm not even concerned. No one really thinks this is a thing, right?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but it sound like you say "fans" (I assume you mean people who read the books and know the relationship between Geralt, Triss and Yen) would have big problems with it, while others, who only played the games are may be fine with it.
I consider myself to be part of the "fans" group and would be absolutely fine with it. I have read all books except for Seasom of Storms at least 4 times and I don't find it ridiculious that a threesome could happen. I can see books Geralt and Triss accepting it. Books Yennefer definitely not, but more than 5 years have passed since the end of the books and people and circumstances can change and have changed after such a long time. I wouldn't even call it a "lore rape" (like Triss's personality in Witcher 1 ) if it's done right.

@jantherocker :

That's the kind of theory that I simply can't get fully behind even though it makes a certain amount of sense. I mean, yes, it's somewhat plausible in the context of the games' storyline and character developments and gives a sufficient explanations for the protagonist's motivations and actions - if that character weren't our beloved Witcher. See, Geralt was never in love with Triss. He once had a fling with her. He probably was (and is, or at least theoretically could be again) physically drawn to her. He's clearly fond of her and would risk his neck for that little chestnut-haired(!) sorceress if the situation demanded it. But he's not in love with her. After their initial hookup Geralt always was slightly uncomfortable around her. Whenever Triss tried to subtly bring up the topic and made some cautious suggestions, Geralt acted oblivious or simply changed the topic. Sure, some of this was probably due to feeling guilty or even ashamed, but the truth is Triss' feelings for Geralt simply weren't mutual. That had nothing to do with Yennefer keeping them apart or something of sorts. It's in the realm of possibility that Geralt and Triss could have ended up in a relationship if not for Miss Lilac and Gooseberries' mere existence, but it wouldn't have been out of actual love, at least not from Geralt's side.

And that's the problem I personally have with these kind of rationalizations. No amount of care, loyality and even sacrifice would change Geralt's innermost, purely instinctive feelings about Triss. The amnesia wouldn't change what person he is merely attracted to on a physical level. He might stay with Triss out of a sense of obligation or thankfulness - I could conceive of a scenario where this actual might happen - but not actual true love. One doesn't slowly discover that one is deeply in love with someone one considered just a friend but already had sex with, especially not in fiction (unless it's a corny romantic comedy). One might grow to really like and appreciate someone, develop a deep affection and fondness, but not fall madly in love* to the degree that Geralt did with Yennefer (and vice versa), and, more importantly, feel that passionately for years and years despite betrayals, affairs, spats and falling outs. Their relationship evolved, they both gained a more encompassing and thorough understanding for each other and learned some crucial truths about themselves, they had to come to terms with certain realities as maturity set in ... but throughout all the years that one feeling never fundamentally changed, even if they didn't like to admit that at times.

Regarding your theory, if I understood it correctly (if not, I apologize): If Geralt were to subconciously project his feeling for Yennefer on Triss due to a misunderstanding/lack of memory .... It might lead to some confusion at best (or worst, depending on your stance on the matter) but hardly love. It could explain Geralt's behaviour after his return from the Isle of Avallach and the events that lead up to Witcher 3, but once Yennefer finally reenters the picture ...

*I feel I should point out that I'm not talking about lust or infatuation - a.k.a. Romeo and Juliet - but actual love. The former might also hit you like a freight train, but should not be mistaken for the later. However, I think there's more than enough proof in the books that Yen and Geralt's relationship, as rocky as it occasionally might have been, was without a doubt built on a deep and profound love.

Last edited:
I very much see the amnesia as freeing Geralt from the shackles of his infatuation with Yennefer, which allows him to potentially fall for Triss(which he wasn't free to do in the past). Even as memories of his past come back its very much possible for the newer attachment to feel stronger.

As to past characters returning. I adored Adda in TW1 & would love to meet her again in TW3(unlikely as it is due to her could be dead status).

@jantherocker :

That's the kind of theory that I simply can't get fully behind even though it makes a certain amount of sense. I mean, yes, it's somewhat plausible in the context of the games' storyline and character developments and gives a sufficient explanations for the protagonist's motivations and actions - if that character weren't our beloved Witcher. See, Geralt was never in love with Triss. He once had a fling with her. He probably was (and is, or at least theoretically could be again) physically drawn to her. He's clearly fond of her and would risk his neck for that little chestnut-haired(!) sorceress if the situation demanded it. But he's not in love with her. After their initial hookup Geralt always was slightly uncomfortable around her. Whenever Triss tried to subtly bring up the topic and made some cautious suggestions, Geralt acted oblivious or simply changed the topic. Sure, some of this was probably due to feeling guilty or even ashamed, but the truth is Triss' feelings for Geralt simply weren't mutual. That had nothing to do with Yennefer keeping them apart or something of sorts. It's in the realm of possibility that Geralt and Triss could have ended up in a relationship if not for Miss Lilac and Gooseberries' mere existence, but it wouldn't have been out of actual love, at least not from Geralt's side.

And that's the problem I personally have with these kind of rationalizations. No amount of care, loyality and even sacrifice would change Geralt's innermost, purely instinctive feelings about Triss. The amnesia wouldn't change what person he is merely attracted to on a physical level. He might stay with Triss out of a sense of obligation or thankfulness - I could conceive of a scenario where this actual might happen - but not actual true love. One doesn't slowly discover that one is deeply in love with someone one considered just a friend but already had sex with, especially not in fiction (unless it's a corny romantic comedy). One might grow to really like and appreciate someone, develop a deep affection and fondness, but not fall madly in love* to the degree that Geralt did with Yennefer (and vice versa), and, more importantly, feel that passionately for years and years despite betrayals, affairs, spats and falling outs. Their relationship evolved, they both gained a more encompassing and thorough understanding for each other and learned some crucial truths about themselves, they had to come to terms with certain realities as maturity set in ... but throughout all the years that one feeling never fundamentally changed, even if they didn't like to admit that at times.

Regarding your theory, if I understood it correctly (if not, I apologize): If Geralt were to subconciously project his feeling for Yennefer on Triss due to a misunderstanding/lack of memory .... It might lead to some confusion at best (or worst, depending on your stance on the matter) but hardly love. It could explain Geralt's behaviour after his return from the Isle of Avallach and the events that lead up to Witcher 3, but once Yennefer finally reenters the picture ...

*I feel I should point out that I'm not talking about lust or infatuation - a.k.a. Romeo and Juliet - but actual love. The former might also hit you like a freight train, but should not be mistaken for the later. However, I think there's more than enough proof in the books that Yen and Geralt's relationship, as rocky as it occasionally might have been, was without a doubt built on a deep and profound love.

Experience and people around form the character, character (as a whole) is not given by birth.(of course influenced, but in no way given) Amnesia can definitly change your character, that's not some non-sense but actual truth from the real world.

The new Geralt is maybe now in profound love with Triss, cause he changed. Maybe not entirely, but that's not needed.
I stated this earlier but here again: This fact (amnesia) enables another Geralt for the players and that's fantastic, because otherwise an RPG would be kinda too linear, becoming more like an adventure/shooter where choices & story are kinda already set (imo)

Last edited:
@MaxItOut :

Maybe so, but then we would end up with a completely incapacitated Geralt. However, we're talking about a very particular case of amnesia here, the one that gets employed in fictional works. The one that conveniently allows characters to be in full possession of all their extraordinary skills and abilities. That kind of amnesia that permits the protagonist to retain crucial knowledge, enabling him to function as the narrative dictates. A selective memory loss that has basically no impact on the hero's character whatsoever unless it's the specific purpose of the story to transform a previously dastardly person into a reformed do-gooder (see: Regarding Henry).

Yes, real amnesia can change a person's character to a degree, but if you make use of real world cases, you have to commit to that argument, which would leave us with a pretty depressing game in which the main protagonist barely manages to socially function, let alone pursue his work as a monster hunter. You can't have your cake and eat it too. ;)

No, the new Geralt (pre-Witcher 2 ending) is the same as the old one, minus some specific memories, plus a couple of new experiences (naturally). His amnesia is strictly limited to not being able to recall prior events, it's not a character-altering change.

Last edited:
Geralt is the same person from the books, but at the same time Geralt is not the same person as in the books.

This is especially true in the case of his relationship with Yen and Triss. Yen was Geralt's partner in the books, and she was the dominant partner in the relationship. Geralt had no chance of experiencing Triss's tenderness, love, and passion as a long term partner with the presence of Yennfer. He had casual sex with Triss, but it never developed into an actual long term relationship because Yen was there to fill that role. Triss seemed like a clingy stalker because of Yen's presence, but as a partner these characteristics turn into a woman's love and passion for a man whom she loves unconditionally. And Triss does love Geralt unconditionally for who he is, even when he had amnesia which caused him to be nothing but a burden. Geralt has had a chance to experience a true relationship with Triss in the games, because of his amnesia and Yen not being there to hold onto his leash. So the Triss relationship can compete with the Yen relationship at this point, but it could not in the books.

Some people seem to ignore Yen's flaws and only see Triss's flaws.
Yen did manipulate Geralt, Yen did control Geralt, Yen did have double standards, Yen did use Geralt for her own ambitions, and so did Triss.
Yen did love Geralt, Yen did make sacrifices for Geralt, Yen did save Geralt's life, Yen did help Geralt to grow as a man, and so did Triss.

Yen didn't control or manipulate Geralt :\ it can't be done jsut because he is a strong enough character itself and you hardly can manipulate him. Many people were trying to do this and all failed. Don't deceive people who haven't read the books. Also she hardly has double standarts... and tell me please when she was using him for her own ambitions? Honestly I don't know why you so hate her. Only because you like Triss? But that doesn't mean you can tell all this wrong things about Yennefer. She did ask him to kill Dragon for her and you know what happened next. She can't force him to do what he don't want to do. They are both storng and can say "no".

To me there's a detail I've never overpassed: start TW2 in bed with Triss... I as a free player, I've not decided this situation. So, as a rebeld act, I won't accept Triss as the correct play in my first throught. Very possible either in the 2nd.... Maybe the third, just because I use to investigate all options in the both previous games. And at the very star of TW1 Geralt knows he have a strong feeling for a sorceress. Sadly, Triss don't take him out from this mistake in the whole two games. Someone who tricks in love tricks oneself.

And as it's very hard to link the Triss's books with the Triss's game, I cannot see her as a special character, just a stranger. I thing CDPR broke that link forever. I recognize the same GEralt in game and books, so I can easily emphatize with him, but Triss... nah, she's a good girl, a sexy redhair... but not the true love of my Geralt neither the Triss of the books.

All that said, those who feel she deserves to be loved by Geralt can do it, of course.. It's nothing to do with me ;)

Don't feel angry for my personal option, I don't feel for yours.

Last edited:
@wichat.571

LOVE HER! I TELL YOU LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE HER!!!! :p :p :p

@MaxItOut :

Maybe so, but then we would end up with a completely incapacitated Geralt. However, we're talking about a very particular case of amnesia here, the one that gets employed in fictional works. The one that conveniently allows characters to be in full possession of all their extraordinary skills and abilities. That kind of amnesia that permits the protagonist to retain crucial knowledge, enabling him to function as the narrative dictates. A selective memory loss that has basically no impact on the hero's character whatsoever unless it's the specific purpose of the story to transform a previously dastardly person into a reformed do-gooder (see: Regarding Henry).

Yes, real amnesia can change a person's character to a degree, but if you make use of real world cases, you have to commit to that argument, which would leave us with a pretty depressing game in which the main protagonist barely manages to socially function, let alone pursue his work as a monster hunter. You can't have your cake and eat it too. ;)

No, the new Geralt (pre-Witcher 2 ending) is the same as the old one, minus some specific memories, plus a couple of new experiences (naturally). His amnesia is strictly limited to not being able to recall prior events, it's not a character-altering change.

The facts and function of amnesia is not set by fans, but in this case by CDPR. Psycholocigally Geralt changed (or at least, the player had the opportunity to do so, of course you could have played him like Geralt from the books), but physically not so much (being still a witcher etc.) If there's an ending (and I'm sure there is this possibility) with Triss as your main love ,then actually you are proofed wrong.

And no the Geralt I played is definitly not the one in the books. This depends on the player, therefore we do play a RPG Game. Anybody who wants something without choices can read books. ( not offending books here, I like reading a lot and have really a lot of books)

And finish this "romance" once and for all...With fireballs. ]:->

HA! not even BOOK Geralt would accept being "cockblocked" like that by Yennefer!
Thats a thing, i can tell you for sure! That wont even END the Geralt x Triss romance, it also would
END the Geralt x Yennefer romance at once... and ofc for all. Besides.. this would be totally book
Yennefer i admit that :D hehhehe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom