The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDPR stated TW3 would be closer to the Geralt's story from the books. But also stated that those who doesn't red themor simply prefer Triss they will be able to be satisfied too.

This is fantastic. I will read the books after I am done tinkering around with the game, and then will do a complete playthrough of all the games again based on what I will then know, but for now, I see no reason to walk away from Triss.

All this talk about if Geralt knew about the Lodge...I don't think it matters whether he knew they had a name for their little club, he knew they were working together. In the Iorveth playthrough I am doing right now, it's clear from my chats with Phillipa that they are all working together anyway. She certainly never tries to hide anything.

Last edited:
Reading some posts in here make me wonder what horribly wrong versions of the books I've read.

Not the wrong versions at all XD we ve all read the same books... we just interpret the lore different.
Thats all... or ... lets say some blend out the game lore...and some special events. Or see it differently.
Which causes all those pages discussing the same matter over and over again :D

Not the wrong versions at all XD we ve all read the same books... we just interpret the lore different.
Thats all... or ... lets say some blend out the game lore...and some special events. Or see it differently.
Which causes all those pages discussing the same matter over and over again :D

eeehmmmm yes... the lore... Sounds logical, yes... if you have read the books before playing, that would be a reasonable reason for reasonable people....

Everyone is going to be trying to manipulate everyone. Yen and Triss won't be an exception, I'm sure both of them have their own plans. The only people you can trust are your fellow witcherbros and Ciri. MAYBE Ciri.

And I completely agree about how Geralt was always dominated by Yen, it was quite painful to read. Hopefully we'll be able to stand up to her for once.

Maybe, then again...

...as far as I understand/can speculate on the story by now, I'd say that standing up to Yen may result in loosing her/choosing Triss over her. Only one relationship appears to be going anywhere, and the decision seams to be final.

Maybe, then again...

...as far as I understand/can speculate on the story by now, I'd say that standing up to Yen may result in loosing her/choosing Triss over her. Only one relationship appears to be going anywhere, and the decision seams to be final.

Well, if it becomes clear that she's working for the Empire of her own free will, then...ya, I may even kill her.

Well, if it becomes clear that she's working for the Empire of her own free will, then...ya, I may even kill her.

That's cold... As Geralt I will try to go on with the tradition of not caring about politics as much as possible. Though I admit after the events of TW2 and how the Nilfgaardians treated Triss, I am a bit prejudiced in favor of the northern kingdoms. But if Yen decides for some reason to ally with Nilfgaard, I won't care so much, as long as she is primarily loyal to Ciri and Geralt. I won't kill her unless absolutely necessary in order to protect Ciri.... and that would be very disapointing. From the books, Triss was more at risk for such a conundrum, but I think she's changed enough since.

Though I admit after the events of TW2 and how the Nilfgaardians treated Triss, I am a bit prejudiced in favor of the northern kingdoms.

You do know that Radovid ordered a witch hunt? Even if you don't get that ending, sorceresses are quite screwed in the northern kingdoms as well after the incidents with the Lodge.

You do know that Radovid ordered a witch hunt? Even if you don't get that ending, sorceresses are quite screwed in the northern kingdoms as well after the incidents with the Lodge.

That's been quite some time... yeah after the Lodge thing sorceresses are mostly screwed everywhere anyway. I don't remember everything, just that I unfortunately killed the heir of LaValette in the prologue, but saved Ada in TW1 and thus Temeria and Redania were ultimately supposed to unite through marriage.

But for my Geralt the important thing is that he had to cut through a horde of Nilfgaardians in order to rescue Triss. Plus I just can't stand Shilard. And the Empire was the agressor after all. And I can't really blame Radovid for a witch hunt, they reap what they sow. Ok, I might be more biased than I thought I was ;) But in the end, the only things of importance are my friends and loved ones. But I'll still only trust Vesemir, Zoltan and Jaskier (well Jaskier, I trust him to get me into trouble and all, but not willingly at least). And Triss. She wasn't always clean but now I feel like she's earnt it.

I save Triss every time I played, except once, I didn't even finish that game I shut it off, so ya, I Radovid can die a lonely hell, only the nations with magic have any hope of slowing the Empire, so I don't know what they were thinking there.

I can't wait to see the Witchers from the Witcher 1, I wonder what my mentor will have to say about me becoming Foltest's flunky.

Maybe, then again...

So, you think the only way to stay with Yen would require you to be as subservient to her as the book-Geralt? I doubt it. Or, rather, I really hope that's not the case.

*sight.... First impression still be fashion. No room for common sense :p

I mean... how can one discute a speculation without having seen the real game scene and context?

And here I thought that it's fun to wildly speculate about the things that we barely know. Whoops.
Either way, I was merely pointing out the beautiful framing in that one scene. Yen does look rather sinister there, wouldn't you say?

So, you think the only way to stay with Yen would require you to be as subservient to her as the book-Geralt? I doubt it. Or, rather, I really hope that's not the case.

I don't hope so too, but it's the way I see the story going right now... I might be wrong, of course... it would be quite boring to have a clear: Triss=good/Yen=toxic scenario in the end... and there is also still the small matter of the Genie curse.

The choice between Yen and Triss comes down to Ciri for me. I actually see Yen and triss to be secondary and not the priority on Geralt's list.
I suspect that Yen sides with Emhyr in order to help Ciri, but I'm not sure about Triss since she got kicked out of the lodge.
The game is about Geralt trying to find and protect Ciri, and He is driven by the father-daughter bond.
I think the choice would ultimately come down to what you as a player think is best for Ciri. Yen and Emhyr Vs Triss and the Lodge or whatever.

I don't hope so too, but it's the way I see the story going right now... I might be wrong, of course... it would be quite boring to have a clear: Triss=good/Yen=toxic scenario in the end... and there is also still the small matter of the Genie curse.

Well, it's possible. Although, my guess would be that both sorceresses will want something from you, besides your undying love. Yen will have specific plans for Ciri, whatever they might be. Same with Triss, most likely.
One thing I'm certain about is that they won't make it an easy choice for us. ;_;

And the Genie curse... we'll just have to wait and see. I have my own opinion on it, but I'm sure CDPR will handle it in a way that'll please everyone.

Last edited:
and there is also still the small matter of the Genie curse.

Depends whether you hold the interpretation that it actually still exists or not, after they've both died and come back to life.

Well, I guess it's more about CDPR's interpretation of that, but it's hard to really know anything for sure since Yennefer hasn't been in the last 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom