The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about the new look. It seems more formal than her other one which is nice. That one struck be as a little too travelly -- 'just attach a skirt to her travelling gear, should be good to go'. I was hoping for a little more white.

That's strange. If anything, to me it seems like something she'd wear when she doesn't need to appear courtly or... elegant, I guess. Something more informal, especially compared to her proper dress. I kind of agree with @ajiehb - it hits some "hedge witch" aesthetic, even if she doesn't really look like Morrigan to me.

And now that I look at it... feathers? Harpies! It's all coming together, dammit!

That's strange. If anything, to me it seems like something she'd wear when she doesn't need to appear courtly or... elegant, I guess. Something more informal, especially compared to her proper dress. I kind of agree with @ajiehb - it hits some "hedge witch" aesthetic, even if she doesn't really look like Morrigan to me.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the original formal outfit:
...which is just her travel clothes with a skirt, or the glimpse of the new outfit. What do you mean by 'proper dress'?

I think the new harpy (kestral?) outfit suits courtly and formal settings more than the original formal outfit, is what I was getting at.

I agree about hedgewitch. It does hits some other aesthetic I didn't have for Yennefer -- since Sapowski always mentioned white in her costumes, i expected there to be a little more of that than what I've seen so far. I do like the bits of the new design that have been teased, though, as an outfit by itself.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the original formal outfit:
...which is just her travel clothes with a skirt, or the glimpse of the new outfit. What do you mean by 'proper dress'?

Her original outfit looks more proper, is what I meant. Sure it's just travel clothes, but they look a little more fitting for a ball or meeting Emhyr, for example, than the hedge witch dress. Then again, I don't know everything about sorceresses' dress codes and this is all just my opinion, of course.

(kestral?)

Noooo, don't ruin my fun by making sense and probably being right. It's all harpies!

The first thing i'll mod is to make Triss' hair chestnut colored, and maybe loose and long. Unless CDPR releases a free DLC for that.

Last edited:
i never played the witcher but i played the witcher 2, i am confused by the role Triss is playing in this game compared to the last but i dont want anything spoilery but i didnt see anything to make it seem like she would be a love interest

Is it me or does Triss look worse in that YouTube video than in TW2? To me, her face is quite different, looks chubby, kind of bloated to me...wondering if that's a plot point? Hmm..
Her voice is fine, sounds like the same actor.
I found Triss quite attractive in TW2 (those of you who know how she looked in TW1, know what I mean).

Is it me or does Triss look worse in that YouTube video than in TW2? To me, her face is quite different, looks chubby, kind of bloated to me...wondering if that's a plot point? Hmm..
I found Triss quite attractive in TW2 (those of you who know how she looked in TW1, know what I mean).

Yes, I agree. I guess it is because the shape of her lips and also the shape of her nose have changed. That's why her facial structure may look different now, it is not just a "next gen-ish look", imo it is a redesigned face. Anyway, I think she still looks good and love her outfit, but can't deny I, too, prefer her TW2 face. Here she was perfect.

As for her voice...The same actor but sooo much better now! Love it!

Last edited:
And I'm not an harpy. I'm a cat. But I can fly :p

Everyone can fly... at least once :)

As for Yennefer... from small spoilers I ran into here and there I get the feeling she's going to be annoying and maybe even a little bit evil-ish.
However, I remain neutral until I play the game and I haven't read the books yet so that's even more of a reason to wait and see how it goes.

Lips, I think?

I actually liked Triss in TW1 more than TW2 Triss [minus old graphics:p]. At least the head part :)
Can we have Triss with long hair back, please... somehow.

Well, but now she actually looks younger than Yen. I really love her and I hope she gets an alternate outfit DLC with loose hair.

I hoped as well and it seems to be happening but the looks are still unknown. As the .ini file in the preload contains entries for alternate DLC looks for both Triss and Ciri!

And when we' ve tortured these people enough ... with Yennefer of Vengerberg....

then we send in you.... Triss ... lovely Triss :heart:

PS Only Dune fans will know, MUAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

Lighting really screw up her face sometimes in W2, I think it might be the same in W3. She looked a little chubby in that romance promo shot, but not in the vids. I think in the game proper she'll look stunning.
Either way, I'm hyped about her alternate look. Sucks that we'll have to wait at least 3 weeks for it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom