The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game lets us see there's just too much history between these two for me to care enough to be honest with Yennefer. I believe the dialogue choices I'm given at that point don't accurately represent how I feel. Is there any other way to resolve this? If I choose to tell her I still love her, will I be able to tell her the truth later on, and then give her the right reasons for my choice?

No, if you want to be free from Yennefer, you have to tell her that with the removal of the wish your attitude to her has changed, that you don't love her. If you tell her that you still love her, the game locks you on her.

CDPR made this Last Wish the variable, whether you are with Yennefer or not. From a lorewise viewpoint it is questionable, but it is how it is.

I also thought that we will have more dialogues with both woman.

I think most folks are HOPING that we get a solid piece of DLC to give us more...as I posted in here earlier, I wouldn't have any issue with a paid expansion to explore the relationships more. One expansion could cover both women...like we would NEED a reason for a second or third play-through :)

Breaking up with Triss was hard... but I told myself, meh - first playthrough usually dont end the way I want things to end. I will just check this raven hair woman with quite the capital B attitude out and be done with it. Go with Triss come my real playthrough...

I ... dont think I can choose Triss anymore T_T.... Yennefer just feels so much more suitable for Geralt. I want to have more conversation options with her if possible. I want more of her cold sarcastic remarks and taunts. She is so cute when she gets angry too :p

CDPR - Yennefer expansion pls since she was left out in the first 2 games :p

Yeah... i missed quite a lot of talking things out with both of our lovely sorceresses :(

For Yens last wish... well it is at last a way out of the "BOUND BY FATE" argument trap ... settled
by Geralt last wish... so it has to be something like that... still... who the heck would turn her down
IN THIS particular situation? Quite hard to dumb her there.... would ve been easier after she does
the thing in the garden... or a direct confrontation between all 3, THAT would ve been interesting :D

Yeah... i missed quite a lot of talking things out with both of our lovely sorceresses :(

For Yens last wish... well it is at last a way out of the "BOUND BY FATE" argument trap ... settled
by Geralt last wish... so it has to be something like that... still... who the heck would turn her down
IN THIS particular situation? Quite hard to dumb her there.... would ve been easier after she does
the thing in the garden... or a direct confrontation between all 3, THAT would ve been interesting :D

Isnt there a confrontation between all 3? Didnt it not end well for Geralt? XD

Dump Yennefer after the garden events? If you choose the conversation in a certain order and see her pouting... and then protected you, how could you dump her then... Easiest time to dump her would be in Vizima... after that it just gets harder and harder :p

I have finished The Last Wish, the quest not the book, twice now. and I don't like either dialogue choice.

The first choice is a lie. I don't love her. The second one is a lie as well, I don't feel different because of the spell the Djin removed.

This isn't about you. This is about Geralt. Geralt =/= you.

Geralt loves Yennefer until the genie's bond is lifted. That's just a canonical fact whether you like it or not. After the genie's bond is lifted it's up to the player to decide of Geralt still loves Yen or doesn't. If you then decide that Geralt doesn't love her anymore then he doesn't love her anymore. But until that moment he does.

This isn't about you. This is about Geralt. Geralt =/= you.

Geralt loves Yennefer until the genie's bond is lifted. That's just a canonical fact whether you like it or not. After the genie's bond is lifted it's up to the player to decide of Geralt still loves Yen or doesn't. If you then decide that Geralt doesn't love her anymore then he doesn't love her anymore. But until that moment he does.

I'm on the same track with this ... but isn't Geralt bound to Yennefer regarding their destiny and fate. This of course can quite easily be interpreted as love, but does not have too ...

Yeah, I remember Geralt being able to confront her about some things after rescuing her in W2. I wondered if in the 3rd game Geralt has anything to say about the his relationship with Triss during his memory loss. I know that while they are in Novigrad she mentions that she took advantage of him, but it's in jest.

It's not in jest, she's telling the truth. Triss straight-up lied to Geralt in The Witcher 1 to peek his interest. In the books, Geralt and Triss were never together and Geralt never had any romantic interest in Triss, he was always running after Yennefer. This made Triss extremely jealous but she tried to keep that jealousy to herself as Yennefer is her friend. When Geralt returns in TW1 with amnesia and with Yen's disappearance, Triss took full advantage of the situation and tried to imprint the idea in Geralt's mind that they (he and Triss) used to be couple, which is a complete lie.

Triss is not as cute and innocent as some of you might think. She's just as sneaky and manipulative as Yennefer, if not more so.

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

I'm on the same track with this ... but isn't Geralt bound to Yennefer regarding their destiny and fate. This of course can quite easily be interpreted as love, but does not have too ...

While we never explicitly hear what Geralt's last wish was in The Last Wish (novel), it's made pretty clear that he wanted to love Yennefer and wanted to be with her. Their bond created by Geralt's last wish is not so much a bond of destiny as it is a bond of love that goes beyond simple feelings and desires.

Isnt there a confrontation between all 3? Didnt it not end well for Geralt? XD

Well as far as i know :D only when you insist to get along with both :D under all circumstances :p
Otherwise ... there is no talking things over between friends... and lovers you know ...
But yes ... after Wyzima it gets harder and harder to dumb Yennefer ... even more since REDs
really nailed her character. But to be honest ... i expected more here and i expected more balanced
romance plots :( ... not to mention the obvious things like witty commentary, sexy times and romance
fun together.

Well maybe in the further patches :D right? :D :D

It's not in jest, she's telling the truth. Triss straight-up lied to Geralt in The Witcher 1 to peek his interest. In the books, Geralt and Triss were never together and Geralt never had any romantic interest in Triss, he was always running after Yennefer. This made Triss extremely jealous but she tried to keep that jealousy to herself as Yennefer is her friend. When Geralt returns in TW1 with amnesia and with Yen's disappearance, Triss took full advantage of the situation and tried to imprint the idea in Geralt's mind that they (he and Triss) used to be couple, which is a complete lie.

Triss is not as cute and innocent as some of you might think. She's just as sneaky and manipulative as Yennefer, if not more so.

+1

But

While we never explicitly hear what Geralt's last wish was in The Last Wish (novel), it's made pretty clear that he wanted to love Yennefer and wanted to be with her. Their bond created by Geralt's last wish is not so much a bond of destiny as it is a bond of love that goes beyond simple feelings and desires.

The book almost says it literally:

'It's not that simple,' the priest pondered. 'But if . . . If he expressed the right wish ... If he somehow tied his fate to the fate . . . No, I don't think it would occur to him. And it's probably better that it doesn't.'
'Your wish,' she whispered, her lips very near his ear. 'I don't know whether such a wish can ever be fulfilled. I don't know whether there's such a Force in Nature that could fulfil such a wish. But if there is, then you've condemned yourself. Condemned yourself to me.'

I kinda repeat myself recently so many times, so i will keep it at that. There is an own thread for the Last Wish quest.

I really like that both woman dump you, when you try your luck with both. It shows that they don't belong to you and don't accept it anymore, that you play with them.

Maybe it's just me but......I am not fond of Triss. Yen - yes, Keira - yes

Heck, even the herbalist you visit in White Orchard - yes.

It's not just you. Triss is the kind of woman who is completely obsessed with Geralt and completely throws herself at him. There is nothing she wouldn't do to get Geralt's attention and she shows little self-respect or self-constraint in the progress. While some people might like such women and enjoy being with them, I'm completely turned-off by them.

I really like that both woman dump you, when you try your luck with both. It shows that they don't belong to you and don't accept it anymore, that you play with them.

Yeah i like that too, though if its true what i hear that you can have both if you negotiate the dialogue differently then i'm rather less pleased.
I'd also like some reaction between the two women(not a catfight) in the case where one or the other is chosen but that's a secondary grievance for me behind Triss' poor treatment outside of Novigrad.

Yeah i like that too, though if its true what i hear that you can have both if you negotiate the dialogue differently then i'm rather less pleased.

I don't think that's true. You can technically romance both Triss and Yen in TW3 (as in, having sex with both of them) but there is no possible way to end up with both of them. If you want to have sex with both Yennefer and Triss, you'll have to first bang Yen in her room on top of the unicorn, then declare your love to Triss and bang her at the lighthouse. Then at the end of the Last Wish quest you'll either have to turn down Yennefer and end up with Triss, or end up having the three-way scene where both women dump you.

It's not just you. Triss is the kind of woman who is completely obsessed with Geralt and completely throws herself at him. There is nothing she wouldn't do to get Geralt's attention and she shows little self-respect or self-constraint in the progress. While some people might like such women and enjoy being with them, I'm completely turned-off by them.

I like that about her, makes her seem warm and sweet. One annoying thing, though, is that she has trouble controlling her emotions. After the interrogation she takes part in, she feels guilt and self pity which she must drink away. Yen's more pragmatic; she doesn't have regrets or self pity. Yen's more confident than Triss, but sometimes she comes off cold.

Overall, I like them equally. I chose Yen for my first play-through.

Yes thats part of the "missing content with Triss" and the missing romance plot content at all...
you just don t get why Geralt would hook up with Triss... only reason to go with her is when you
know how things turned out in TW1 and TW2 and that Triss would go through hell for you
(like its clear Yen will do) ... and NO she is definatly not that backstabbing traitor you want turn her
into :p we already have discussed this out ... over the last 300 pages here :p

REDs should balance the plots out... to make the decision more difficult ... end of the line
You know this is true

... or end up having the three-way scene where both women dump you.

Hahaha, gonna have to try that next time!

---------- Updated at 07:18 PM ----------

Yes thats part of the "missing content with Triss" and the missing romance plot content at all...
you just don t get why Geralt would hook up with Triss... only reason to go with her is when you
know how things turned out in TW1 and TW2 and that Triss would go through hell for you
(like its clear Yen will do) ... and NO she is definatly not that backstabbing traitor you want turn her
into :p we already have discussed this out ... over the last 300 pages here :p

REDs should balance the plots out... to make the decision more difficult ... end of the line
You know this is true

Very true, if I hadn't played TW 1-2 then I might have thought differently about Triss.

I like that about her, makes her seem warm and sweet. One annoying thing, though, is that she has trouble controlling her emotions. After the interrogation she takes part in, she feels guilt and self pity which she must drink away. Yen's more pragmatic; she doesn't have regrets or self pity. Yen's more confident than Triss, but sometimes she comes off cold.

Overall, I like them equally. I chose Yen for my first play-through.

That doesn't make her warm and sweet, it makes her a creepy obsessive girl who goes to any length to get Geralt for herself, including using magic on him to rape him (happens in the books), lying to him on several occasions and abusing the fact that Geralt had amnesia.

Triss doesn't deserve Geralt.

Very true, if I hadn't played TW 1-2 then I might have thought differently about Triss.

Quite difficult to decide... even for me as Triss lover :D ... which doesn t mean i don t love Yen
I just :heart: how CDPR nailed her in TW3 ... but back to Triss... it is all about how you
interpret her actions towards Geralt in TW1 and depends if you believe her at the END of
TW2 ... i believe her... she just has no reason to betray Geralt there thats just fact.
Lodge just abandoned her a while before TW2 ends... so only reason why she doesn t
tell Geralt everything is, she want to protect him from getting hurt his feelings... and her
feelings of course ... think Yen would ve done the same to protect the relationship...

Sighs... well TW3 Triss just lacks the charm of previous TW1 / TW2 Triss ... but thats the problem
of overall "private time" with Triss or Yen ... i think ... specially with Triss.
But might be influenced by the circumstances they meet again ... you know all the shit that is going
on in Novigrad :( but after you helped her.... there should be definatly more going on between
them
after you say "i love you" (choose Triss) in the now or never quest and you finish that
questline

But according to the other Triss threads ... after that she dissapears until the KM battle starts.
SAD and uncomfy and inconsistent.

Not to mention the lack of witty commentary flirt mode and sexy times ... obviously... with both of
our loved sorceresses :D :D

That doesn't make her warm and sweet, it makes her a creepy obsessive girl who goes to any length to get Geralt for herself, including using magic on him to rape him (happens in the books), lying to him on several occasions and abusing the fact that Geralt had amnesia.

Triss doesn't deserve Geralt.

Ya, her emotionality is sometimes annoying, but I don't view it as threatening. I don't kill succubi either, ya know. Which book did she "rape" him in? Did she hold him down with magic, or was it more about pheromones and love potions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom