The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crackpot theory...
could the wibbily woobily transdimensional unicorn-propeled travels have changed somehow the Bond between Geralt and Yenn? or maybe cured their infertilities? That would offer... interesting possibilities :D

U mean the trailer? In the clothed sex scene? Bah, not enough, not nearly enough.

Triss is gonna need a djinn who grant her some wishes to get Geralt, if you know what i mean :sad:

There is sort of Djini... wait... what's his name?
mmmmm

Oh! Yes.... CDPR.

You click a buton and the fate is changed by his power.

That would be interesting, but if she recovers, she will be a strong enemy, maybe too strong for him. She is with Philippa one of the strongest sorceresses now (and before ofc).

It would be wiser to just kill her or hold her in chains to have something against Geralt.

I don't think she is as strong as Phillipa, or Francesca or Sile, maybe even Margarita and Sabrina. She is definitely more unpredictable though, so yea she would be a formidable enemy, even to the Emperor.

@wichat

Oh that was just to draw attention, we all know who Geralt will chase after in the end :p

Last edited:
There is sort of Djini... wait... what's his name?
mmmmm

Oh! Yes.... CDPR.

You click a buton and the fate is changed by his power.

:p CDPR is proYenn, and you know it, why you dont want people choose, let them choose
fredoom to the people, frrrredoooom!
(And above all, good storytelling)

I don't think she is as strong as Phillipa, or Francesca or Sile, maybe even Margarita and Sabrina. She is definitely more unpredictable though, so yea she would be a formidable enemy, even to the Emperor.

Yennefer was once a member of the Council, so she already earned a certain position within the Brotherhood. Only Francesca had a higher position in the chapter and only Philippa had the same position in the Brotherhood as Yennefer.

And the rest is dead or sentenced to death :p

Aside for Francesca, who is in another level of power, the rest of the sorceress, are around the same level with Philipa and Yennefer a little ahead of the rest, and Triss and Keira a little behind, being them more "rookies", that´s almost official on the books. :)

Yennefer was once a member of the Council, so she already earned a certain position within the Brotherhood. Only Francesca had a higher position in the chapter and only Philippa had the same position in the Brotherhood as Yennefer.

And the rest is dead or sentenced to death :p

Aside for Francesca, who is in another level of power, the rest of the sorceress, are around the same level with Philipa and Yennefer a little ahead of the rest, and Triss and Keira a little behind, being them more "rookies", that´s almost official on the books. :)

Too true guys, I might have exaggerated abit with Margarita and Sabrina. Sile in my opinion is definitely more powerful than Yennefer. Maybe even more powerful than Phillipa. Yennefer is younger, but is indeed described as one of the most talented sorceresses. And of course Enid and Ida are on a whole different level.

Last edited:
There shouldn't be such a choice at all.Yennefer is THE woman in Geralt's life,whether people like it or not.The whole shoe-horned Geralt-Triss romance is just ludicrous.You even have dialogue options to tell her "i love you" :shock: Really? It took Geralt god knows how many years to tell that to Yennefer!And let's not forget the travesty of Geralt-Triss-Alvin playing house. :wallbash:

I'm not a shipper and i haven't confused the Witcher with a dating game.I find Triss' personality really repellent,true,but i'm not a huge fan of Yennefer either.(although,last week i read for the first time the fan-translations and she grew on me quite a bit).But IF Geralt ends up with a lady lover at the end of the game,it should be Yennefer.By default.Otherwise,he might as well stay single. Ending up with Triss sounds equally preposterous as ending up with Dandelion,Zoltan or whoever.

There shouldn't be such a choice at all.Yennefer is THE woman in Geralt's life,whether people like it or not.The whole shoe-horned Geralt-Triss romance is just ludicrous.You even have dialogue options to tell her "i love you" :shock: Really? It took Geralt god knows how many years to tell that to Yennefer!And let's not forget the travesty of Geralt-Triss-Alvin playing house. :wallbash:

I'm not a shipper and i haven't confused the Witcher with a dating game.I find Triss' personality really repellent,true,but i'm not a huge fan of Yennefer either.(although,last week i read for the first time the fan-translations and she grew on me quite a bit).But IF Geralt ends up with a lady lover at the end of the game,it should be Yennefer.By default.Otherwise,he might as well stay single. Ending up with Triss sounds equally preposterous as ending up with Dandelion,Zoltan or whoever.

Although I see your point (and by no means you are a a minority here) I remember you that the devs have stated that the romance plot will recognize the conflict between Triss and Yenn, and that there will be decisions. We don't know at the moment what decisions we will have to take (and probably the choices will be much more convoluted that a simple dicotomy between the two sorcerers) but the fact that the game will consider to develop this plot, shows (to me al least) than CDRP dont consider ridiculous the possiblity that something exists between Triss and Geralt.

For your tranquility, even in the most pro-Triss playthroughs in TW2 you can always argue that the "I love you" was meant for Yenn, since the amnesic Geralt mix both in his mind.

Not offering the choice after spending two games with Triss...that would be ludicrous. I still have my doubts they can fully develop Yen in the course of one game, and make her matter as much as Triss. People need to remember the vast majority of gamers will not have read the books. The game has to do all the work here.

Although I see your point (and by no means you are a a minority here) I remember you that the devs have stated that the romance plot will recognize the conflict between Triss and Yenn, and that there will be decisions. We don't know at the moment what decisions we will have to take (and probably the choices will be much more convoluted that a simple dicotomy between the two sorcerers) but the fact that the game will consider to develop this plot, shows (to me al least) than CDRP dont consider ridiculous the possiblity that something exists between Triss and Geralt.

For your tranquility, even in the most pro-Triss playthroughs in TW2 you can always argue that the "I love you" was meant for Yenn, since the amnesic Geralt mix both in his mind.

I don't deny that there will be some sort of (i hope not cheesy) love triangle drama.I'm just saying that a flat out choice between Triss and Yennefer would be ridiculous.About the decisions you mentioned,yes it could be anything.For example Yennefer mad at Geralt for messing around with her "friend" again tells him:cut ties with her completely (meaning,end your f buddies relationship and your friendship) or you loose me forever.That kind of decision would make sense.

Not offering the choice after spending two games with Triss...that would be ludicrous. I still have my doubts they can fully develop Yen in the course of one game, and make her matter as much as Triss. People need to remember the vast majority of gamers will not have read the books. The game has to do all the work here.

Hmm...no.In the first game i avoided every romantic/sexual interaction with Triss,i gave Alvin to Shani etc.In Witcher 2 the game forces her as my love sex interest at the start,but after that i kept avoiding the romantic/sexual interactions,didn't give the rose,i didn't even go to save her at the end of the game.
So,after spending two games avoiding every possible romantic interaction with Triss like the plague and giving her the cold shoulder at every opportunity because the game gave me the choice to do so,and the third game shoehorning her again as my love interest,that's ludicrous.

You know what would be awesome?Maybe someone mentioned it already but i just can't read all 128 pages. :dizzy: If the game really took into consideration the choices we made in the first two games.For the people who pursued Triss in the first two games,there should be a choice between Triss-Yen or only Triss , and for the anti-Triss people Yennefer should be the only choice (or single Geralt,i wouldn't mind that either).That would be the most fair solution,methinks.(of course i highly doubt that will happen.Sounds too good to be true)

And a random noob question:the REDpoints is like thumbs up/liking a post?

You know what would be awesome?Maybe someone mentioned it already but i just can't read all 128 pages. :dizzy: If the game really took into consideration the choices we made in the first two games.For the people who pursued Triss in the first two games,there should be a choice between Triss-Yen or only Triss , and for the anti-Triss people Yennefer should be the only choice (or single Geralt,i wouldn't mind that either).That would be the most fair solution,methinks.(of course i highly doubt that will happen.Sounds too good to be true)

That would be hard to implement, since it would really reduce the story/dialogue elements of the game. I mean, if the decision is "made" during the previous games, it won't happen in TW3, so we have less "content". Don't know if I'm making sense.

And a random noob question:the REDpoints is like thumbs up/liking a post?

Something like that, yes.

About the Dandelion picture, I was just joking :p

Oh, you were joking too.
LOL

That would be hard to implement, since it would really reduce the story/dialogue elements of the game. I mean, if the decision is "made" during the previous games, it won't happen in TW3, so we have less "content". Don't know if I'm making sense.
LOL
Wow, now you puzzle me. Of course that will cut content in TW3, but I though that "We, The People" (joking) knew that CDRP wouldnt be coward about cutting content based on decisions (as they did in TW2 with Act2). Also, I have already assumed (maybe wrongly) that one of the important choices that will import into TW3 would be Triss-related...

Wow, now you puzzle me. Of course that will cut content in TW3, but I though that "We, The People" (joking) knew that CDRP wouldnt be coward about cutting content based on decisions (as they did in TW2 with Act2). Also, I have already assumed (maybe wrongly) that one of the important choices that will import into TW3 would be Triss-related...

Indeed, but the content cut in TW2, was cut because of a choice made in TW2, not in a previous game. I do not think it would be wise for them to cut a choice like, the Triss/Yennefer choice, based on the previous games, especially since romance, as they said will have a huge part in the Witcher 3. Also, what would the default be for people who have not played the previous games? Just Yennefer? Just Triss? It doesn't make sense for the previous games to have such a huge impact. CDPR have indeed said that choices made in TW2 will have a bigger impact in TW3, than the one's made in TW1 to be imported in TW2. But I don't think they will be that big. Letho surviving would be one. The state of Upper Aedirn and Temeria the other. Sile being alive.. I would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom