The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do mean her actions during the Thanedd coup. If I am not mistaken, she almost died, trying to teleport herself and Geralt in Brokilon. "Magic takes its toll", and fighting with 30 sorcerers and sorceresses right before the teleport, could not have helped.

When Yennefer and Triss arrived in Rivia, Triss almost ran away. She left Yennefer alone for some time, but then she came back. For Yennefer, Ciri and mainly Geralt. I guess that says much about the magnitude of her feelings. :)
No she was "only" very tired and so she couldn't teleport Geralt, then she found Tissaia de Vries, thanks to her help she made it and brought the witcher among the dryads.

I agree about the Rivian mess, and so I consider her help very useful. :)

I did not deny that Geralt has feelings for Triss, I just simply said that I doubt the magnitude, and sincerity of these feelings, since Geralt was really confused by his amnesia. it is just a matter of how you want to view the whole situation I guess. And I choose to view it that way. Doesn't mean that everyone has to view it the same way that I do. I'm just trying to type down my view, since I really like this thread.
That's the greatness of CDPR's games: every player has his own story over the course of the saga.

Last edited:
Geralt actually married Yen, he didn't do that with Triss (yet). Also would Triss risk her own death to save Geralt? I'm sure she would but it's just something I'd wonder about. What do you think?
I don't think that marriage is needed for love nor is this an indicator for a greater love.
Geralt spend years with Triss, going through all that shit and they are in a relationship.

And yes, I am sure Triss would risk her life, even give her life to save Geralt.
She proved that a few times. And I think it is unquestionable that she really loves Geralt. Do you agree here?

@StaGiors: That's quite a good summary.
But for me that is more than enough to get that their bounds are strong. For me, this is love. Some kind of love.

And I think it is unquestionable that she really loves Geralt. Do you agree here?
Yes I agree... it's because I want to make the decision easy for myself in TW3, so I look for excuses. I try to imagine how Yennefer would feel if she had her full memory back and sees you with Triss.

There's not just one type of love, indeed. Everyone has his own idea of what love is. Good point.

Yeah, I think this is one of the most important points here in this discussion.

He spend so much time with Triss in a relation. I think you know that feeling of the familiar things.
Geralt got his memory back, but Yennefer is "new" to him. Maybe his bonds to Triss are reason enough for him to stay with her.

Muahahahahah "I watch your pity world shattering..."
quote modified by myself to troll @Synvael
That's not fair.
You forget I can troll you with spoilers...

@StaGiors

Maybe this helps you a bit to understand the Triss/Geralt real love thing...

For me its not a "confused" Geralt because of his amnesia

In TW1 all what Triss and Geralt go through is pretty much the same what Yen and Geralt went through.
Not in all DETAILS but in summary. Also remember more than 5 years passed by when Geralt gets his
memory back. He is not the same Geralt anymore, not after all those things happen.

The confusion might be true for TW1, but in TW2 we already remember pieces of our past and also
remember the love for Yennefer. We also love Triss (if we give her the rose and tell her our feelings).
You can t say any longer Gralt is confused... if we tell Triss we love her than the feeling is true.
It is also still true that we love Yennefer at this point.

So Geralt isn t confused he just can t decide yet which women he loves more ;) [my Geralt of course :p]
i admit this is a kind of confusion to hehehhehe

So I am (as player for Geralt) stand in front of a quite big dilemma when TW3 starts....
The question is, what must happen that Geralt abandons one of his loved women? Or better what must
happen that he can finally decide which gorgeous sorceress he loves more? Uhh that ll end up dark...
and sad... in some ways :( i feel it...

Throwing a DICE .... most likely... or a COIN....

FUN spoiler not a real one ;) just klick it :p
If the COIN aka DICE lands on the EDGE Dandelion is Geralt one true LOVE ;)
BIODRONES satisfied and GAY Geralt confirmed :p :p

Anyway the point is, time changes ppl and so changes Geralt... why he should not really love Triss?
Critical is that we don t know exactly what Triss has told Geralt on their way to flotsam :/

At this point i think the love between Triss and Geralt is true love, like it is true love between Yennefer and Geralt.
Specially when we tell her our feelings in the elven bath... and Triss surprised reaction ... well understandable
if you consider that she tells Geralt the WHOLE truth of his past on roches ship.
Her further reacton also tells her true love for Geralt ... she's showing some of her girlish features there
(i loved that :) )

Hope that brings some light to you... to understand this TRISS "worshipping"

I still think the best way to go into TW3 is to KEEP it open for both women and let CDPR show how the
Story plays out.

I liked her playful nature when you told her to have a bath with you. Can't wait how Yen's character will be, this is equally important to her looks. If she's too cold with us I'll be sad.

@GHOSTMD

I'm not going to argue with your interpretation of the story, that is yours to have.

I'm going to say this though, just to further add to my own interpretation. It has only been less than 2 years that Triss and Geralt are "together". The witcher 1 started in may 1270 and the witcher 2 ended in September 1271. That is all the time Geralt has had with Triss. Now take into consideration the fact that, during these 1,5 years, a lot of things happened, like Geralt hunting down Salamandra, and the whole Kingslayers thing, I doubt that Geralt had more than 3 months to spend with Triss. Even less.

Now in the at least 15 years that Geralt and Yennefer have been on and off a relationship, Geralt has spent an entire year in her house in Vengerberg, simply doing nothing, or doing whatever Yennefer told him to do.

This is why, to me, the scene with the Rose of Remembrance feels weird. Not the sex afterwards, but the scene where Geralt gives her the Rose, and admits that he "loves" Triss. You said it so yourself, Triss was surprised too. I was surprised when I gave her the Rose as well. I don't know if you have looked into it, but if you choose the other dialogue option, Geralt says this, after Triss tells him of the elven myth.

Geralt: "Well that's awkward"
Triss: "Oh come on Geralt, give me the Rose already, you will damage it. It is just an elven myth".

To me that dialogue makes more sense. But to each their own, as they say..

Last edited:
Hm... might be like that way.... i had no reason to choose the other option in the elven bath.
And i thought Geralt and Triss had some more time together in Act 3 in TW1 but maybe it does not
seems like that, because its a game and it has to hold some pace for the player.

You said it... its all up to ourselfs and how we wan t to play out our "cards" in TW3 @StaGiors ;)

Please people, let´s not confuse oranges with apples, Geralt is crazy in love with Yen and vice versa, Triss is a friend, one of his most dearest friends, almost a sister, that one time, I repeat, ONE TIME, drunk or drugged I don´t remember exactly, it happened, and Geralt hates himself for it, since then, after years, and years, Geralt never did that mistake again, and Triss really tried.

All this is a fact, official and canon. That being said...

The games use an interesting plot, where an amnesic Geralt, reunites with an obviously "important" member of his family, and take advantage of that, give a little fanservice etc I personally don´t like it is forced to you as the player in the TW2, in the first was perfect, but I really think it is a good plot, and more now with TW3.

I like how Triss in this "version" of the witcher world is more mature, less obsessive with Geralt, and I agree she loves him, but from Geralt part, even the "love" options had some elements of confusion, or hints to something more fraternal, and that´s good, it gives the player some liberty, with some respect on the character.

But please people, stop saying Geralt this, Geralt that, Geralt really loves Triss... another entirely thing would be, I as a player would do this, or that etc

I´m realy sorry but a lot of people saying things not as a player choice but as canon Geralt, pisses me off a little, sorry.

Last edited:
Please people, let´s not confuse oranges with apples, Geralt is crazy in love with Yen and vice versa, Triss is a friend, one of his most dearest friends, almost a sister, that one time, I repeat, ONE TIME, drunk or drugged I don´t remember exactly, it happened, and Geralt hates himself for it, since then, after years, and years, Geralt never did that mistake again, and Triss really tried.

All this is a fact, official and canon. That being said...

The games use an interesting plot, where an amnesic Geralt, reunites with an obviously "important" member of his family, and take advantage of that, give a little fanservice etc I personally don´t like it is forced to you as the palyer in the TW2, in the first was perfect, but I really think it is a good plot, and more now with TW3.

I like how Triss in this "version" of the withcer world is more mature, less obsessive with Geralt, and I agree she loves him, but from Geralt part, even the "love" options had some elements of confusion, or hints to something more fraternal, and that´s good, it gives the player some liberty, with some respect on the character.

But please people, stop saying Geralt this, Geralt that, Geralt really loves Triss... another entirely thing would be, I as a player would do this, or that etc

I´m realy sorry but a lot of people saying things not as a player choice but as canon Geralt, pisses me off a little, sorry.

I think we're all talking about the game's Geralt here, and the different paths you can choose in the games, not much the book stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom