The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last quote is nonexistent I believe. Geralt said in TW1 that he has a feeling that Triss is important, so people say that he confused Triss for Yennefer.

It was when Geralt speaks to Foltest:

"Foltest and I talked about the women in my life and I realized I have feelings for Triss. My amnesia prevents me from remembering our relations in the past, but I have the impression I once loved a sorceress, deeply... Triss suggested how I might regain my memory, and I think that at heart she wants me to realize she was the love of my life. I realize now that Triss is the love of my life."

Last edited:
I hold a different approach. Geralt of books is one thing. Geralt of games is another. In other words I do not try to play by the canon. And I think that you can play as you want, but not as much as would have made the book Geralt.
But this is only my point of view. It's my choice. And so I find it easier than you. But you really have a hard choice.

Oh I don't have a difficult choice. For me the choice is quite clear. I know how I am going to play the game. Just like you do. I just said that CDPR must have had a really hard time, on how to implement such choice in the game.

@nakachoko

Huge thanks, you are a champ.

:hatsoff:

Hah CDPR is so good man. "I think that at heart she wants me to realize she was the love of my life." Here Geralt seems to get that something is wrong. Next sentence, "I realize now that Triss is the love of my life." What just happened. I gotta replay TW1..

Last edited:
Why make it an either or choice?

Options:
A ) Triss
B ) Yennefer
C ) Neither, too much trouble
D ) Other, Geralt needs to collects more cards ;)
E ) Both, Geralt is a pimp like that and has an open relationship with them (sometimes at the same time) :lol:

I'm totally kidding, but having that many options would be funny. Especially if you could see what the community tends to choose (like The Wolf Among Us/Walking Dead).

I do also consider Geralt of the games to not be quite like Geralt of the books. He got amnesia, lived a different life not rooted in who he was, even after regaining memories he still is no longer quite the same person anymore.

If CDPR presents Yennefer as she is in the books, I don't see a way for Geralt to get to choose between her and Triss. Not without some crazy quarreling and yelling. Yennefer's amnesia will have a huge impact on this I believe. If she does not remember a thing about Geralt, it will make things quite a lot easier. Still really hard, since Geralt does remember. But if she remembers everything, I think it is impossible. Triss will get "pushed away" that is for sure. In my opinion.

I think Yennefers amnesia might be indeed the major point of the whole "Triss/Yen plot". I would expect that Yen still has amnesia when we meet her in TW3.
Just because in TW2 we learned that you won't regain you memories by chance. Geralt got his memories back because he had an encounter with the Wild Hunt in TW1 and this battle of wraiths in TW2. Both things didn't happen to Yennefer... probably...

And meeting a Yennefer with amnesia might be a good story hook. So maybe you can help her regaining her memories step by step / quest by quest. By doing so they could introduce Yen to all the people who haven't read the books. Also they could prevent a simple either / or choice between Triss and Yen. You simply establish the whole relationship stuff step by step, decision by decision.

If Yen still has amnesia, maybe she's fallen in love with someone else. (I think that came up about 100 pages ago as a suggestion, but it's been a long time...)

Bah, Dandelion never gets into trouble. He always has a brilliant plan. Master Spy and all that.
And our Master Spy is so good at reports!

"He asked me to convey that this time your report should be to the point, detailed and under no circumstances in verse. Prose, Dandelion. Prose."

"Foltest and I talked about the women in my life and I realized I have feelings for Triss. My amnesia prevents me from remembering our relations in the past, but I have the impression I once loved a sorceress, deeply... Triss suggested how I might regain my memory, and I think that at heart she wants me to realize she was the love of my life. I realize now that Triss is the love of my life."
I... I can't...

Thanks, thank you a lot!!! I guess CDPR have this words in mind all throught this years along, in their main plot. It's the unique reasonable way that Geralt could feel himself treated by Triss. How can fell a man who believe his is in love with a woman who, at her turn, takes adventage of remaininb him in the mistake, and suddenly mermories come back to him? What a shock!

Last edited:
This is not a hard decision for me, really. I'm gonna go with Triss. Yennefer just isn't my type LOL
Also, I, as player, have built quite a relationship with the Triss character throughout the games, so...
Anyway, I definitely will play another playthrough choosing Yennefer, of course.

who, at her turn, takes adventage of remaininb him in the mistake, and suddenly mermories come back to him

They really added a nice depth to the character interactions. It sure will add a lot to his character development. Why didn't Dandelion warn us about this? He also warned us about politics. Damn politics.

yes you are... thats why i asked ;) even with a similar expression on my face like that husky you know ;) hehhehe

I would say i couldn t see you crying out loud because you get a crisis out of Geralts statement at the end of TW1

buuuuut on the other hand.... at my ... darker side i would catch a cup of popcorn and enjoy the show :p :p

ahhh the luxury of someone who has not decided yet what to do with this desicion :D heheheh

:hai: Yen/Geralt/Triss threesome still it is MUAHAHAHHA

Last edited:
My choice will be to walk into the sunset alone. If I could I would go with Ves or Cynthia or Shani but those are not options.

My choice will be to walk into the sunset alone. If I could I would go with Ves or Cynthia or Shani but those are not options.

The grass seems always more green in the valley next to ours when our heart is wounded. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom