The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what if a player decided to ignore her in both games?

Not giving Alvin to her and don't invite her to the Elven ruin?

Who could be so heartless, also Triss is the "logical" choice for Alvin, because of his magical powers :D

There's a lot that Triss did that's morally grey - allowing Geralt to think she was "The Sorceress" at the beginning of TW1, encouraging him not to remember, not telling him about Yen until she had to, and, of course, the Rose of Remembrance stuff. But on this, I think she's clean.

Since you mention it... We just don't know enough about the Rose. It'd be a fantastic twist, and CDPR definitely know it, but I think its legitimacy is up to personal interpretation. And personally, I believe that Triss wouldn't hurt (yes, mind-control spells are pretty hurtful) Geralt. It's just one of those things, I guess.

Triss not telling about Yen makes some sense too. If she didn't know about Yen's survival, then there's pretty much no reason to bring her up. She's dead, nothing will change that, and Geralt doesn't remember her anyway. Also, bad memories.
Not that it's completely moral, but it's understandable, at least.

So Geralt hires his own body pleasant parts in exchange of some magic power? That's love! :p

I think you misunderstand... go to the elven ruins, then tell her to "stop being silly, we need to find a way out of here having got what we were looking for".
No frolics... but a resistance to magic buff.

Attachments

• yen.JPG
    yen.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 46
Don't know, no voices in that video...But I guess Yennefer :D

Too bad. I hope we can play a more confident Geralt (though the games Geralt is in general less "whiny" than the books Geralt, which is a good thing imo) when he interacts with Yennefer. One thing I hated in the books was his subservience when he was talking to her. Most of the time she dominated him and hopefully we get the choice to not let this happen.
Interesting that Gopher said
"you start to be suspicious, even towards your closest ones" while showing Yennefer. Maybe she is a bit too close to the emperor...

Yennefer says this, after Geralt stated he didn t started the "brawl" ;)
Isn t that typical her :D plain love it :heart:

Does Yennefer or Geralt say this?

Yen.

Actually I'm quite surprised by the dialogue. It seems very... Book reader friendly. I remember like a year ago being worried about how they were going to provide too much exposition for the newcomers and make it boring for everyone else, now I'm looking at that kind of dialogue and wondering if we're going to be in the reverse position.

Guess they'll give enough for it to make sense, at least on an extremely basic level, but I'm definitely starting to get the vibes, from the footage we've seen, that book readers are going to get WAY more out of W3 compared to 1 & 2.

Yen.

Actually I'm quite surprised by the dialogue. It seems very... Book reader friendly. I remember like a year ago being worried about how they were going to provide too much exposition for the newcomers and make it boring for everyone else, now I'm looking at that kind of dialogue and wondering if we're going to be in the reverse position.

Guess they'll give enough for it to make sense, at least on an extremely basic level, but I'm definitely starting to get the vibes, from the footage we've seen, that book readers are going to get WAY more out of W3 compared to 1 & 2.
Yeah, i think that too, I mean there were already two book references in the first 5min of the prologue. That gives hope the story won't be simplified to reach a wider audience.

Interesting that Gopher said
"you start to be suspicious, even towards your closest ones" while showing Yennefer. Maybe she is a bit too close to the emperor...

Everyone is going to be trying to manipulate everyone. Yen and Triss won't be an exception, I'm sure both of them have their own plans. The only people you can trust are your fellow witcherbros and Ciri. MAYBE Ciri.

And I completely agree about how Geralt was always dominated by Yen, it was quite painful to read. Hopefully we'll be able to stand up to her for once.

Everyone is going to be trying to manipulate everyone. Yen and Triss won't be an exception, I'm sure both of them have their own plans. The only people you can trust are your fellow witcherbros and Ciri. MAYBE Ciri.

And I completely agree about how Geralt was always dominated by Yen, it was quite painful to read. Hopefully we'll be able to stand up to her for once.
I would add Dandelion and Zoltan.

That's one thing i hope CDPR have handled well. Making Yennefer appear strong-willed without appearing domineering. Because if she comes across as domineering then unfortunately that would make my choice too easy, if there is one.

CDPR stated TW3 would be closer to the Geralt's story from the books. But also stated that those who doesn't red themor simply prefer Triss they will be able to be satisfied too.

I wouldn't even trust ALL my Witcherbros. (Glares at Letho and what he and his fellow allies did at the end of Witcher 1 and beginning of The Witcher 2) Trust NOONE. Like, NOONE.

...NOONE.

The framing's perfect in this scene. Truly, a face that inspires trust. With a squad of Nilfs in the back, just in case Geralt doesn't submit.

View attachment 13190

Attachments

• Trustworthy hunchback.jpg
    Trustworthy hunchback.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 55
*sight.... First impression still be fashion. No room for common sense :p

---------- Updated at 04:41 PM ----------

I mean... how can one discute a speculation without having seen the real game scene and context?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom