+
Status
Not open for further replies.
mecha_fish said:
She lost her house in tw2 because of the assination
Teehee.

thinks: "why would a moderator be quoting me, have I done somethi-- oh"

fair shake of the sauce bottle
What do you mean? do you think that the quests are equivalents?

not really? maybe? are you suggesting that a scene with triss would be a side quest and a scene with yennefer would be on the main quest? i think they'd both be on the main quest, but only available to you depending how you've played earlier in the question and what you've done in the major side quests.

Guest 3782876

fair shake of the sauce bottle

not really? maybe? are you suggesting that a scene with triss would be a side quest and a scene with yennefer would be on the main quest? i think they'd both be on the main quest, but only available to you depending how you've played earlier in the question and what you've done in the major side quests.
No, what I meant is that if you had romance with Triss would have a different roamnce mainquest than Yennefer , but I think it will not be that.
What struck me is actually that you find Triss and it is likely some issues come to light, so I figured you would have to settle with her ​​and when the Yennefer quest come, you will have the scene with Yen, otherwise, no.
Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, what I meant is that if you had romance with Triss would have a different roamnce mainquest than Yennefer , but I think it will not be that.
What struck me is actually that you find Triss and it is likely some issues come to light, so I figured you would have to settle with her ​​and when the quest Yennefer came, you could have the scene with Yen, otherwise , no.
Make sense?

I think we agree but there's a miscommunication somewhere. Sorting out issues with Triss is what I had in mind when I talked about 'how you play the main quest' earlier. I also imagine that if you sleep with another character in a major sidequest (for example, Keira Metz) one or both of the lead females might find out and that could affect whether you get a sex scene with either of them or not. So there's a lot of factors that could influence how the main quest romance happens. At the end of the day, the Triss and Yennefer sex scenes are tied to the main quest but are mutually exclusive (meaning you have to play twice to get them, and the hoops you will have to jump through will be different).

I also imagine that if you sleep with another character in a major sidequest (for example, Keira Metz) one or both of the lead females might find out and that could affect whether you get a sex scene with either of them or not.

Ha! Triss and Yen can go plough each other with unicorns then, for all I care.

On a more serious note: that does sound plausible. On one hand, I doubt Keira will mess up the "main" romance, but on the other - I can't say that it's unreasonable. The choice just got that much more complicated.
And I agree about Triss and Yen being tied to the main plot, both seem to have a major role in the game. Not to mention that even CDPR said that your romance is going to affect the main story.

Guest 3782876

Ha! Triss and Yen can go plough each other with unicorns then, for all I care.

On a more serious note: that does sound plausible. On one hand, I doubt Keira will mess up the "main" romance, but on the other - I can't say that it's unreasonable. The choice just got that much more complicated.
And I agree about Triss and Yen being tied to the main plot, both seem to have a major role in the game. Not to mention that even CDPR said that your romance is going to affect the main story.

I think Meira will be present in the main quest, but do not know if it will affect the ''main romance'' as you say. However , if there was any opportunity to choose her instead of Triss / Yennefer, I'll get. I still hope I can finish the game with her. #teamkeirametz
Anyway, I think the only way to affect the romance is like that, you with another relevant character, Ves, Keira Metz and so on. The brothel for example I do not think so, they will not know it. Recalling that game will have enough women, a great temptation to Geralt.

Cirilla is NOT to be sexualized.

Really?

You mean not to be sexualized like she was by Andrzej Sapkowski throughout the latter half of the series?
Honestly I can not remember a lot of episodes in the book where Ciri was not treated like a sexualized object by at least 1 male character.

I mean, I understand what you are saying. Geralt + Ciri = Nope, since it would just not fit/work. They are as close to a father/daughter relationship as two non-related individuals can be. I also agree that it wouldn't fit if you'd just be able to go out and find somebody to f*** with Ciri. As far as I know (at least in the books) she is still a virgin, even if she had her "experiences". So idk how open she would be. She is definitely not like Geralt just sleeping around out of fun.
And one has to keep in mind she is neither a full witcher nor a full sorceress, meaning she can get pregnant, and since there is no protection in the world of the witcher, at least no common one, it is a lore-problem would she just be "sleeping around" or have regular sexual options.

Long story short, leave the sex to Geralt. Ciri can be out adorable, beautiful eye-candy with a potion of badassery mixed in.

Also, for all people saying "Ciri is too sexy". Well, considering a majority of male characters where interested in her in the books and she has been described as beautiful and graceful and what-not in the books I would say CDPR did move within reasonable boundaries when making the character. I like the design. I am happy that they made the scar bigger though.

As for Yen/Triss. I said it once, I say it again, although I am tending towards Yen in the end, if it's really hard they can kiss my ass. I'll just go sleep with Ciri (in a totally non-sexual way, meaning real sleeping) and let them argue about it.

Last edited:
I think Meira will be present in the main quest, but do not know if it will affect the ''main romance'' as you say.
Chucking this in spoilers because it may actually be a spoiler. This is about how the Metz quest relates to the main quest:
The Metz quest is an optional quest but it's a major one. Your paticipation (or lack thereof) will affect the main quest and I suspect will also affect romance options if you go ahead and sleep with her.

On a more serious note: that does sound plausible. On one hand, I doubt Keira will mess up the "main" romance, but on the other - I can't say that it's unreasonable.
I speculate that shagging Metz will result in some change in either Yen or Triss' attitude toward you. In the same sort of line as Fringilla Vigo almost did in the books. But then again, in the quote below (from the Romance and Sex in tw3 thread which is probably a sign we're derailing) there is *meaningless* sex, supposedly. There's only one way to find out.

Building relationships in TW3 is way more complex than in TW2. When it comes to romancing, we put a lot of effort to make it non-linear, and we require some effort from the player.

You may build friendship, you may build romantic relationship, you'll be used and you can use the girls if you want to. Choices have consequences.

You may have meaningless sex, but love is not easy. Want her to love you? Try to understand her needs first, don't hurt her feelings, take care of her. It's a long process. And we have "let's talk about us" chats, but they are always part of the story.

I belive we did it right.

But yeah. I wonder if meaningless sex means -- although they did say you have to play it twice to get both sex scenes with Triss/Yen -- also means there will be *other* scenes with those characters?

The default answer is , yes, you've done something wrong, you're always doing something wrong.
:wat:

You know this will be one of the first mods out, Geralt fucking Ciri in a brothel. Oh the rage,
TW3 is not above R34.

Btw, what do you guys think about the "our relationships are very Sapkowski'sh" quote, or something like that, from the PS4 interview video?

Btw, what do you guys think about the "our relationships are very Sapkowski'sh" quote, or something like that, from the PS4 interview video?

Guess that is aimed to the "difficult" relationshipt Yennefer and Geralt have in the books Eli....
Both have different partners, both are arguing... even get close to a "clash" like a realationship is...

It is really to bad the games can' t transport the same for Triss and Geralt... at last not on the same
"LEVEL" ...

So i assume we will get some "cirious" stress if we want a meaningfull relationship ... either with Yennefer
or with Triss.... uhmmm is that BOTH still a thing or do we have a definatly NO on this one?

I speculate that shagging Metz will result in some change in either Yen or Triss' attitude toward you. In the same sort of line as Fringilla Vigo almost did in the books. But then again, in the quote below (from the Romance and Sex in tw3 thread which is probably a sign we're derailing) there is *meaningless* sex, supposedly. There's only one way to find out.

Now that I think about it, a lot of sex in the previous games has been meaningless. All of those peasants in the first game, Ves and Succubus in W2, Cynthia too. None of those were supposed to be anything more than a one-night-stand. It's possible that we're just overreacting. Either that, or CDPR want to step up their choices.
Either way, if ploughing Keira will affect my chances with Triss or Yen, then so be it. I don't regret a thing. Worth it.

You mean not to be sexualized like she was by Andrzej Sapkowski throughout the latter half of the series?

I mean not to be sexualized like saying "I want to fuck Ciri!". That's just wrong, adopted or not, and I'm going to protect the Cub from unwarranted dicks for as long as I have to, dammit.

She is definitely not like Geralt just sleeping around out of fun.

Geralt and Dandy Lion are literal champions at sleeping around. Of course Ciri isn't quite on their level, but she's had plenty of fun (and enjoyment) in the books, I won't deny that. Doesn't justify this though.

This is not my impression from the books. She was one of the most sexualized characters there.
And if I'm not mistaken this is the original cover of Lady of the Lake.

Ok, this is an off topic thing, but what part of that image is sexualised? The fact she is naked? If it were a man would it be the same? I speak as someone who draws naked people regularly in not sexual circumstances. I could easily interpret that image of a woman weilding a sword in a lake as just that. I just want to express that sexualisation is somewhat subjective. I wouldn't consider this image as evidence by itself if we were going to ciriously discuss the sexualisation of a character.

Now that I think about it, a lot of sex in the previous games has been meaningless. All of those peasants in the first game, Ves and Succubus in W2, Cynthia too. None of those were supposed to be anything more than a one-night-stand. It's possible that we're just overreacting. Either that, or CDPR want to step up their choices.
Either way, if ploughing Keira will affect my chances with Triss or Yen, then so be it. I don't regret a thing. Worth it.

That's the attitude I hope to be able to have, but as I said in some other thread, I have a soul.

I hope CDPR can crush my soul -- or even better, fool me into thinking I had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom