Theme & Meme Decks

+
I had Kingslayer (who often turned into Eskel: Pathfinder especially when the real Eskel got neutralized in some way), but I didn't think of using him to get around Ivo's cooldown. Might be worth a try, thanks. :D

That method actually helped me win a few matches at rank 8/7 just messing around. Doesn't work at all for rank 6 or I'd still run that deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today i was inspired, created 2 meme decks... didnt win much but had way more fun than usual with them.

The 1st, was something i heard was possible a long time ago but only tried it now:

A full gold deck. Yup, all 25 cards (or more) are gold. Due to the provision limit, this obviously means you're very restricted, mostly 6/7 golds, as there's no 4p golds, very few 5p ones, and you can add a few 8 or 9p golds, but they will severely restrict the rest.

I tried it with NR. It wasnt totally bad, it had some decent plays, like Trollolo+that special that gives 6pt+3armor; or Pastodi on an empty row, then use that special that buffs 6 times, for 6x 2turn bleeds on random enemies.

As anyone else tried a full gold deck? Ethereal decks dont count, as its too easy to make such a deck with trash golds and be carried by Ethereal. But i would like to know of any other such decks!
Post automatically merged:

The 2nd meme deck was inspired by Van Morleehem Servants (gives vitality according to the number of enemy status)

For those that dont know me, i absolutely hate NG Poison/Ball, never use it, never GG such opponents... But i decided to try something:

Built a deck that really seems the generic NG Ball deck... except i play it as a challenge:
I cant kill any unit with poison.

So, my goal isnt to destroy enemy units, but to boost my thirsty dames as much as possible...
And boy, do i play a lot of thirsty dames...
Basically, its an assimilate deck, with Operator, but instead of assimilate units, you use Dames which also trigger each time you play a spy...
Its so much fun, and definitely confused a lot of opponents that didnt understand why i spread all the poisons, not killing any units.

It struggles to win vs Hidden Cache (because all those multiplays trigger dames but also their seductresses), Mirror matches (they actually kill our units instead of trolling...), and SK GS (unless you fall to the temptation and poison their units to death), but i thought it would never win and actually won +50% matches!

So yeah - this was amazing (he discarded his last ones).jpg

Quite the match.jpg

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
This deck only cares about playing the Rot Tosser as many times as possible. (deck guide included)

Last edited:
Necrobump.

Came back to the game after a break and tried mixing Aglais package from my post above with meme trap package (instead of Dragon's Dream/Spells/Yrden/movement) and a couple of cheaper tutors a little while ago. Not "omg hidden OP deck" by any means, but what it lacks in raw strength, it makes up for in confusion you inflict on your opponent and mistakes they will inevitably make.

Because this deck is built out of several self-sufficient short combos (Aglais+Thunderstorms, Matrons + Sentries, Portal-> 2x Elven scouts + 6 traps etc.), your enemy is never too sure what the hell you're up to . The funniest part is the moment where they burn their Korathi/Vilge/Ansi/whatever to remove your overstacked elven scout only to realize a that they should've clung to those a couple of turns later, which is all the more satisfying if you don't have the last say.

I also was pleasantly surprised to see how well Black Blood fares in the meta where NR/ST automatic boosts are everywhere. Cheap, efficient, presents your opponent with a somewhat unpleasant dilemma - either they let that stacked Hamadryad die or they misplace an important boost AND sacrifice another unit which is worth 7 prov in my book. Same with Snake Trap - in a meta where you can reasonably expect anyone to have at least 3 specials in their deck, it makes for a cheap removal tool, so between two of those (and perhaps Korathi/Igni) and crushing traps you have answers for both tall and wide decks.

There's a couple of secret ingredients I'm not willing to share that glue all this mess into a coherent combo, but you can try to figure them out:p

Last edited:
hahah i ve just played monster hyperthin against a lockdown double ball and wins.

In fact, ive got a lot of lucky, my opponent didnt get ball in thirst round, so he forfeits real quick.

In second round i need to put some cards down to the "tricks" works in the third round. He fought i was going to bleed him and put down ball. I just forfeit and he needs to use rodrick to triggers ball and gets Vicent to also trigers balls.

So, in last round he puts ball to his hand again, but didnt have oneiro to get it. I use all the hyperthin trick and win the game. What made me sad that i did everything right, i had Yghern buffed and with 2 armor in the deck and also oneiro in my hand. And when i was going to put Yghern on the ground in the last card my opponent just quit.

Is Living Armor the only real use for Alchemist (NG)? It seems like prime meme material I feel like I'm missing something.

Necrobump.

Came back to the game after a break and tried mixing Aglais package from my post above with meme
I`ve tried Aglais+Gord ST hyperthin, although it has winrate about 50% at rank 6, due to lack of consistency - no Oneiromancy, no NR Oneiromancy++, and tutoring power far worse than NG to achieve that combo streak in the final round.

I`ve tried Aglais+Gord ST hyperthin, although it has winrate about 50% at rank 6, due to lack of consistency - no Oneiromancy, no NR Oneiromancy++, and tutoring power far worse than NG to achieve that combo streak in the final round.

Tried all kinds of things with Aglais yesterday, your idea included - even tried adding Allgod+Skaggs at one point. Most of those didn't really take off, except for ultra-boost build (Invigotare, Dunka, Beggar King, 2x Hawkers, 2x circle of life, 2 Thuderbolts as usual, Syanna+defender to let her do her thing). 70-100 points Aglais feels very satisfying, but the whole ensemble is very clunky - first of all, if you don't have her in hand in R1, things get...compicated. Secondly, winning r1 with just handboosting engines is kinda hard, and you can't afford having anything good to help them, because all your provision is spent on key golds. And you really want to win it, because otherwise your Aglais is toast most of the time.

Mahakam defenders+Spores alleviate the pain somewhat, but not nearly enough. All in all, a very draw/matchup dependent thing to play, and even Oneiro doesn't help much, because you actually need to have the right units in hand, and I'm not crazy enough to run Iris' Companions to ensure that I always do.

Still...despite all this, this variation of the deck was good enough to take me from rank 7 to rank 5 in a matter of few hours, but then I started getting really bad draws and really nasty opponents, so it stopped working entirely.

So...does anyone know a neutral card that lets you draw the card of your choosing into your hand? Fisher King + Cursed Scroll, I suppose, but that's extremely expensive and requires Radeyah and her insane restrictions.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today i come to you with the freshest of memes...
This is one of the main reasons why i love Gwent - even when the meta is stale as sh*t, when i think i've already seen everything and tried everything, something inspires me and i come up with something entirely new that leads to unusual situations.

It all started when i wanted to make a deck with one of my favourite cards: Hen Gadth Sword. You often get amazing value from it, as there's a lot of powerful units (deploy) at 4-5 strength or even 2-3, so you just damage it a bit and play Hen Gadth.

Then i remembered Angouleme, another favourite of mine for memes. I already done NG Angouleme, to counter scenario decks, but that is too easy, i wanted something extra hard, so i did SY Angouleme!

I chose SY simply because its one of the few factions i still have Mastery contracts to do, and to vary from what i had been playing, but it turns out it was the perfect choice (well, 2nd, after NG obviously).

So, you meet an opponent with a scenario, Angouleme gets it for you, but then how do you trigger it with SY? Hen Gadth is one choice, which i used, but then the 2nd trigger? I could go blue dream (to revive the unit that triggers from opponent graveyard) but its too expensive. So i picked Courier + Ofiri Merchant, doesnt get much memeier than that, Courier is SY/NG dual faction and definitely helps the odds of putting a scenario trigger on top of their deck, then switcharoo, then use Oneiro to get it!

These were my 2 biggest hits with this deck:
SY Angouleme Deck - 1st Huge Success (forfeited).jpg

double scenario on constructed, but even better, double scenario on the same round! (i was lucky to snatch it on R1, praying my opponent didnt have Cantarella)

SY Angouleme Deck - match vs Stockpile Siege (1).jpg

(i played the Angouleme as opener, thinking it would spawn nothing, but this ensued. we had quite a battle, i had to bait him to kill one my siege engines so i could revive it with necromancy to finish the scenario!)

Now THIS are some max level memes, misterhabbla1 ain't got nothing on me :cool:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Enslave [7] and Renew
Not sure about the bronze units... Any ideas?

Im guessing the renew is for Helge right?
I know with Enslave 7 you need to include a lot of 4p cards and all the cheapest tactics, but seems wrong to not include venendal elites when you are have that many tactics, they would reliably get 10+pts on full rounds, probably more than you're getting from Helge (although they do play into tall removal) - im not saying to cut Helge, im sayin to cut Renew for Helge.

Regarding the bronze units, they are good choices considering you have to go for 4p units, a bit of assimilate, cheap locks and decent soldiers (i would say cut light cavalry but it might actually provide decent value for a 4p card?)

@Payus Getting their scenarios through Angouleme is easy, specially since scenarios are still the cards dominating the meta. The hard part is getting the scenario triggers, specially when you dont have access to duchess informants, experimental remedy, bribery, yen's invo, etc.

Last edited:
Im guessing the renew is for Helge right?
I know with Enslave 7 you need to include a lot of 4p cards and all the cheapest tactics, but seems wrong to not include venendal elites when you are have that many tactics, they would reliably get 10+pts on full rounds, probably more than you're getting from Helge (although they do play into tall removal) - im not saying to cut Helge, im sayin to cut Renew for Helge.

Regarding the bronze units, they are good choices considering you have to go for 4p units, a bit of assimilate, cheap locks and decent soldiers (i would say cut light cavalry but it might actually provide decent value for a 4p card?)

@Payus Getting their scenarios through Angouleme is easy, specially since scenarios are still the cards dominating the meta. The hard part is getting the scenario triggers, specially when you dont have access to duchess informants, experimental remedy, bribery, yen's invo, etc.

Funnily enough Angouleme wasn't in my deck, I was going for the Shupe + Alzur + Vademakar + Lippy + Ragnarog with RotS Leader ability shenanigans. It was created with Uma's Curse and I guessed he had siege because of the cards on previous rounds so I choose Angouleme for the memes. Although the other options were Olaf and Dorregaray, which did nothing for me.

DRK3

Forum veteran
While everyone is trying the new "main" decks for every faction, a meme lord like myself has already jumped straight into the meme madness that this expansion brought.

I did my 7 Geralts deck, and i will share some tips for anyone trying something similar.

ALL THE GERALTS DECK

So, now more than ever, by including all Geralts in one deck you are draining its provisions, leaving very little for anything else. It costs 72 provisions for 7 expensive Geralts, which leaves 88-95 provisions for the other 18 cards.
That means you cant afford other golds and most cards have to be 4-6 prov range.

I chose to do a SK Witcher deck - SK has powerful bronzes and by using witchers you get a lot of synergies.
The MVP in this deck is Selective Mutation, since it can tutor any adrenaline card, and can get you Quen, which in turn can get you any Geralt or witcher you need for the moment. Also, it creates more witcher students and lets you shuffle unwanted cards back into deck, like a bricked Igni/ Yrden or mess with a NG opponent manipulating your deck.

The problem of using all Geralts is 5/7 of them are tall removal, and so much tall removal is anti-synergetic and you often get bricks and in certain matchups you will get no value from your most expensive cards.

I was very lucky, and my first matches were against a beginner and 2 Viy decks. Viy decks seem to be very popular, because no deck packs enough tall removal to deal with it... except this one! I beat it everytime with this deck.

Geralts vs Viy (5 Geralts on board).jpg

Have you ever seen 5 Geralts on the same side of the board? :cool:
(BTW the other 2 were played in R1, all 7 Geralts found value)

[...]
Have you ever seen 5 Geralts on the same side of the board? :cool:
[...]
Yes, before this expansion there were not a lot of options for the "Play X units with the Witcher tag" and I seem to recall that I had all Geralts (that were in the game at that point) on the board ... and then conceded.

Edit: Jokes aside that sounds like a fun deck, especially now, given that we finally have all main signs (I am still waiting for the heliotrope sign) one can run an all Geralt deck and right now might the time when its effectiveness peaks.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
After recently doing a SY meme deck with Alzur and Cosimo, i decided to go all the way, and go full meme, full RNG:

Also SY Lined Pockets (just because its one of the few masteries im still missing, im gonna lose all the time with this deck but every win will be worth it).

I got Alzur, Cosimo, but also Uma's Curse, Aguara, Walther Veritas, the 2 desert bros, Master Mirror, and many, many more. (yes, even stupid wheel of fortune!)

It sucks, but its so much fun. I'll just share some screenies of highlights:

RNG Deck - Game 8 (R1).jpg

RNG Deck - Game 4 (vs assimilate and actually won he miss his ball).jpg

RNG Deck - Game 3 (R1 Madness).jpg

:shrug:

Top Bottom