Theme & Meme Decks

+
@DRK3 Thanks for your advice. Here's an update:
Enslave [7] & Assire
Enslave [7] & Ffion
I was about to ask HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET Enslave value up to [7]?!
BUT then I realized you must have went over the 25 cards deck right? So you have 29 cards (oh lol I can see it clearly in the deck gallery you linked) since in a 25 card deck you can fit "only" 12 tactics (12 / 4 = 3 => 3 + 3 => Enslave [6] ) cuz the deck must have a minimum of 13 units (and tactics obviously are specials). Interesting.. but I doubt it's worth it to hurt your deck like that. :]

DC9V

Forum veteran
I was about to ask HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET Enslave value up to [7]?!
BUT then I realized you must have went over the 25 cards deck. [...] I doubt it's worth it to hurt your deck like that. :]
Yea this deck obviously sucks milk, especially if the opponent has a Heat Wave.
But hey, it's Enslave [7]! :D

Makes me kind of sad when you're finally able to make the Meme Deck work but the points just aren't enough to win the match:sad:

Gwent 15.05.2021 16_23_07.png

His final play was Forest Protector into Nature's Rebuke plus Leader Charge.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Makes me kind of sad when you're finally able to make the Meme Deck work but the points just aren't enough to win the match:sad:

View attachment 11218396
His final play was Forest Protector into Nature's Rebuke plus Leader Charge.

Its true, its sad when meme decks lose even when they're executed perfectly, however this outcome should be expected when you go on a long R3 versus an engine deck, and ST movement is probably on the same level as NR Vysogotta+Dandelion+Priscilla charge deck, if you dont counter their engines.

And actually, looking at your screenshot, i wonder if locking the dol blathanna protector isnt worth more than gezras.
We are all scared of gezras, and save a counter for it, but he's only played on the last 3-4 turns, meanwhile the protector is usually the opener, and with the dryads and cat witchers and ST location, over 10 turns, i think he provides over 30pts!

Open Sesame

Based around the Witcher 3 quest of the same name, this revolves around a heist at the Borsodi Auction House.

The Tiger's Eye is being auctioned off by Ludovicus, so Sigi plans the perfect heist.

While the Borsodi brothers are at each other's throats, Crownsplitters surround the exits, move the Drill, and crack the safe while Rico scouts ahead.

Once the merchandise is secured, it's smuggled quickly to the docks.

Saul counts his coin while Vivaldi's tax collector ensures they line their pockets as they launder the profits.

The Story of Alvin

Essentially plays out the main plot of The Witcher, and the legacy that remains in the final game.

The first deck is decently competitive, the second one is mostly untested so use at your own risk!

DC9V

Forum veteran
Showing some love for Triss: Telekinesis

Hey guys! Did you hear about the new tavern opening this spring called COOKBACK BOG?

After Gernichora tasted the Fruits of Ysgith, she knew she had to share this cullinary sensation with everyone! But how did she find just the right mix of cooks, tasters and patrons?

Well, after hearing about the horrible events that took place in Toussaint, Germain Piquant was a free agent with a prime herd. The Crones are infamous for their cooking prowess. And here are plenty of monster eggs to be found just about anywhere these days!

As for taste testers, One-Eyed Betsy is always hungry for new flavours, while Gaunter and Marlene are looking to use their spoons every chance they get!

Alas, where there is food there are critics. Allgod and the She-Troll of Vergen have very discerning palates; they won't be easy to please, so it's a good thing Elf and Onion Soup is on the menu!

Alongside that prestigious duo as the inaugural guests of honour is the one, the only, Mourtart! While the tasters and critics ensure the highest quality cuisine, Mourntart is a creature of insatiable hunger (and also the namesake of our signature desert). Our Ethereal staff will really have to put in some overtime for her!

So come on down to Cookback Bog: try our Elf and Onion Soup, have a Mournatart for desert, and wash it down with a delicious Mahakam Ale. Special guest Siegfried of Denesle will be there signing autographs after his final health inspection on opening day!

Have a read of the menu, pay no attention to people saying it's cursed.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Mandrake is a Cave Troll's best friend? No doubt!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry to revive this old topic, but i had a "pseudo deck" to share and since i am NOT playing the game, therefore this deck wasnt even tested, its more just a sharing of some ideas.
And so, it wouldnt feel right to revive a certain deck thread, nor do i want to hijack another forum user's new deck thread with other stuff.

I DID write down all the cards, and used the Voice of Gwent website to get the updated provision costs so it was a valid deck. It was a good mental exercise, doing this outside the game... Unfortunately i saved it as a draft in the forums system, and apparently that feature doesnt work so its lost... But i will still describe whats important:

DECK DESCRIPTION

It was a NG deck... Sorry.
And it was a Golden Nekker deck... Sorry again.
I did some changes and ultimately, it resembled a lot of the metadecks, hence why i wasnt so keen to immediately share it.
But the "finisher", that was the original play, the identity of the deck and something i havent seen anyone pulling off...

So, you played the blightmakers and all of the usual thinning NG uses, so at the end there are only 3 cards in the deck.
A unit, a special and a artefact, to be pulled with golden nekker:
Skellen, Bribery, and petri's philter (aka zeal potion)!
This allows you to play that elder bear (he's 9 prov), play the tactic you wanna play twice, and give him zeal and double up on that tactic. There were also alternatives to bribery, like surrender (against swarmy decks like elves or dwarves) or war council (in case you didnt fully thinned and there were still important cards in deck).

What do you think?

Sorry to revive this old topic, but i had a "pseudo deck" to share and since i am NOT playing the game, therefore this deck wasnt even tested, its more just a sharing of some ideas.
And so, it wouldnt feel right to revive a certain deck thread, nor do i want to hijack another forum user's new deck thread with other stuff.

I DID write down all the cards, and used the Voice of Gwent website to get the updated provision costs so it was a valid deck. It was a good mental exercise, doing this outside the game... Unfortunately i saved it as a draft in the forums system, and apparently that feature doesnt work so its lost... But i will still describe whats important:

DECK DESCRIPTION

It was a NG deck... Sorry.
And it was a Golden Nekker deck... Sorry again.
I did some changes and ultimately, it resembled a lot of the metadecks, hence why i wasnt so keen to immediately share it.
But the "finisher", that was the original play, the identity of the deck and something i havent seen anyone pulling off...

So, you played the blightmakers and all of the usual thinning NG uses, so at the end there are only 3 cards in the deck.
A unit, a special and a artefact, to be pulled with golden nekker:
Skellen, Bribery, and petri's philter (aka zeal potion)!
This allows you to play that elder bear (he's 9 prov), play the tactic you wanna play twice, and give him zeal and double up on that tactic. There were also alternatives to bribery, like surrender (against swarmy decks like elves or dwarves) or war council (in case you didnt fully thinned and there were still important cards in deck).

What do you think?
I don't know if it's broken, but combining Petri's Philter with Golden Nekker is a very interesting combo with lots of units. Philter was so low tempo it wasn't appealing before -- with Nekker, it is a different story.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I don't know if it's broken, but combining Petri's Philter with Golden Nekker is a very interesting combo with lots of units. Philter was so low tempo it wasn't appealing before -- with Nekker, it is a different story.
Well, since its golden nekker, it needs to be 9 or less provision units, and the best order units - which most are in NG - are above that.
The best alternative i found is Maraal, but i hate poison too much to use him. Same thing with Cadaverine, as alternative to Bribery.

I even had Eyck in the deck for an alternative to skellen for zeal, in case i missed the green dragon, but i ended up switching him out because the prime target to remove in this meta is Ciri Nova, and at 8pt (and shield), Eyck cant remove it, so i teched Yen Invo instead.
But i also teched Peter, so underappreciated and perfect counter for Ring of Favour in every deck...

The best alternative i found is Maraal, but i hate poison too much to use him. Same thing with Cadaverine, as alternative to Bribery.
I made a deck with a similar theme and Cadaverine worked the best of all options. Bribery was often very weak; several times I could choose only from among bronzes or golds that were of little use to my deck. Cadaverine, on the other hand, worked splendidly with the combo reaching nearly 40 points.

This is what I made:

The deck was pretty cool to play but very susceptible to the opponent's card manipulation.

Buuut, from tomorrow on it will become obsolete since Petri's Philter loses its Zeal...

DRK3

Forum veteran
Buuut, from tomorrow on it will become obsolete since Petri's Philter loses its Zeal...

Not exactly, it still gives zeal, but now you cant do it as a golden nekker combo finisher, as the give zeal part is on order, so only available after one turn. and it will cost 2 provisions less.

Top Bottom