Themed decks

+
Themed decks

Themed decks are I think always very nice in card games. You can play with a dragon themed deck or an eldrazi deck or a murloc deck. That you can make a somewhat playable themed deck speaks much of the balance process of the creators and the diversity of the cards. Since in Gwent you cannot draw more cards normally I'm wondering if we are going to see these special decks.

It would be super nice to play lets say a ghoul and alghoul deck with their own heroes and synergy. I think the one that I have seen similar of what I'm saying is the Blue Stripes Commando interaction, but you know what I'm looking forward: a whole themed deck.

I don't think we have much of a dragon material but perhaps a werewolf deck or a vampire one or maybe a nekker deck which would be hilarious. But again the question stuck in my mind arises, would 10 cards be enough to be able to do this? I suggested in another thread to draw one after each round as a reinforcement mechanic but it goes against "the core of the game" of which I suggest testing (maybe the creators have tested this and concluded against it). Perhaps these themed decks can work with only 10 cards and that would be amazing. Nevertheless, I hope the creators are working, or thinking at least, in themed decks as well.

Last edited:
sorry_about_the_keyboard

A_vampire_deck_would_be_cool

another_would_be_dragons_with_some_draconids

other_species_can't_form_a_competiteve_deck_IMO

I forgot to mention that they have done this more or less with the wild hunt cards... I hope they continue with other themes. I know that ghouls and nekkers were weak in The Witcher 3 but in my opinion it would be nice to make them stronger in Gwent to make possible to play with a deck mostly full of them.

Themed decks seem like an inevitability and seem as though as they are deliberately being made possible!

My favorite so far is the idea of a foglet deck that focuses on having a large deck size (maybe 40-45?) and using fog cards in conjunction with the weatherbound effect to generate minions in an efficient manner. So far, 20 or so cards will have strong synergy in this specific deck, including Mushrooms, Zoltan:Beast Tamer, and of course fog and foglet based cards. All the deck would need in order to be played at this point would be cards that add further power to the board, maybe high powered cards for supplemental damage, or some kind of synergy or hybrid potential.

The Witcher Theme has been shown with the Lambart and Vesimier cards, but have no further synergy at the moment (To my knowledge).

The Wild Hunt cards, as mentioned by jorgehalcaraz, are already powerful in their own right, and seem to be more developed at the moment. Decks have already been crafted by the dev team, as seen in released footage, and it seems to be a deck that will be stressed for not only popularity due to how iconic it is, but also to its effectiveness.

Top Bottom