There are possibly 900 people working for CD Projekt

+
There are possibly 900 people working for CD Projekt

link:
http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/900-...one-lost-shoe/

900 people, carousel and one lost shoe

January 29, 2018

“I lost my shoe at the party! Which isn’t hard to do in a sea of almost a thousand people. Fortunately, the next day, it was magically waiting for me at reception,” said Tech Producer, Martyna Lipińska, offering just one appropriate summary of our holiday fun.

There was a record number of invitees at this year’s party.
The holiday bash that took place at the end of December quickly solidified its place as one of the most epic events in CD PROJEKT RED history (at least, according to those who managed to remember anything from that night).

“It was lit,” recalled Martyna Lipinska.
Nothing could spoil the mood — the dance floor was as full as our stomachs and, somewhat surprisingly, took no victims that night. Perhaps that’s because all the thrill-seekers were busy riding valiant steeds on the merry-go-round, glass in hand, snot-freezing cold be damned! #OnwardRoach.

“Look Ma, no hands!” The party was a wild ride — and not only on the merry-go-round!
“In my 11 years with CDP, hands down and around, that was the best party to date. If I could do it again, I wouldn’t change a thing. And we should just buy that merry-go-round, and park it in the corner of our lot right next to the back-up power generator,” said Borys Pugacz-Muraszkiewicz, English Adaptation Director.

The speech delivered by John Mamais, Head of the Krakow Studio, was as sharp as the party was entertaining. With an unwavering straight face, he mercilessly roasted directors, producers, and management alike.
“Don’t take yourselves so seriously, guys!”, he cried as the crowd picked their jaws up from the floor.

John Mamais — Head of CD PROJEKT RED Krakow Studio by day and stand-up expert by night.

Agnieszka Szamałek-Michalska and Kasia Rybnik — organizers of the entire event — became convinced that we’re not only rebels by name, but by choice.
Decorating (and eventually breaking) ornaments…
And yet, the fun of CD PROJEKT RED was not limited to dancing, revelry, and other alcohol-fueled antics:
“During the party, there were also mini workshops where we made over 600 chocolate truffles, hundreds of ornaments and gingerbread houses, and more than 150 holiday wreaths. I love putting together parties for RED,” Agnieszka recalled after the event.

You can add to these figures the number of times we listened to Last Christmas: zero. And the number of people who have memorized the choreography to Single Ladies: too many.

Agnieszka at her post.
The heartiest party-goers stayed until four in the morning when the staff “delicately” signalled that the party had reached its end. Though, that’s hardly surprising — we had something to celebrate, another year of work under our belts. To commemorate time invested, our colleagues with 5, 10, and 15 years experience with the studio (indeed, such veterans walk among us!) not only received a firm high five from everyone there, but were also rewarded with a treasure chest of their own. One among them was Jędrzej Mróz, Senior Producer and QA Manager, who has come a long way with us:

“10 years is a long time — a lot of memories, experiences, changes, huge amounts of sweat and tears, but, above all, moments of pride and satisfaction from what we have created together. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. This past decade at RED has been, for me, a return to my roots in QA, where I got my start and of which I am incredibly proud, because it’s one of the best QA teams in gamedev. Another 10 years at RED? I can’t wait to see what we accomplish!”

Group hug!
Half of the studio took the next day off. The other half, despite coming into the studio, worked primarily on maintaining some semblance of focus. However, we’ve since gotten back in touch with reality and have a ton of ideas and work ahead of us. The holiday party gave us a kick in the arse to move forward with rejuvenated momentum and to embrace new challenges. It was a good year, but we’re sure the next will be even better. You can see for yourself. ;)

¡Salud!

Last edited:
Nice find, Lis!

I don't know if it actually means there's 900 people working on it, but this is a nice read. It's good to see CDPR treating themselves to a fun party - they need it!

Also, "It was a good year, but we’re sure the next will be even better. You can see for yourself."

I hope so!

Snowflakez;n10356142 said:
Also, "It was a good year, but we’re sure the next will be even better. You can see for yourself."

Yep, the wink face pretty much confirms we'll see something related to Cyberpunk 2077 this year. (serious)

Lisbeth_Salander;n10356232 said:
Yep, the wink face pretty much confirms we'll see something related to Cyberpunk 2077 this year. (serious)

Yeah it really doesn't. But hey. Hope Sprung Eternal. I've heard this every year since 2012, I think. Has to happen eventually.

Go go this year!

Even if they have half that amount working on CP2077 combined with their notorious crunch times it's a solid bet that they're getting a lot of work done in a hurry.

Cause Resident Evil 6 had 600 people working on it beginning in 2010 and releasing in 2012, Cyperpunk has had half a decade.

Last edited:
Don't confuse the number of people working on a game, or the amount of time spent working on it with a games quality.

Changes in direction, bad/improper tools/engines, poor coordination/management, etc. can turn anything into crap. By the same token if you're doing what we think (hope? pray?) they're doing with CP2077 ... creating a huge immersive detailed world that takes LOTS of people and time. Animations, dialog, art, possibly unique game mechanics are needed for each and every quest/mission (unless you want your typical go to X and do Y crap) and these involve several people on multiple specialty teams and time ... always time.

What I'm saying is simply because developer A used B people for C years is totally and completely irrelevant to how many people CPDR has working on CP2077 for how long.

Is it an indicator? Definitely.
Does it "prove" anything? No.

Last edited:
Given the scale and ambition of the project at hand, it would hardly be surprising that such a large assemblage of talent would be necessary.

Tieco

Forum regular
Interesting... Someone post a link to a 2016 article that was talking about them up sizing the Krakow shop from 30 -100, then added in parenthesis: 20% of the Dev force. My Zetatech watch says if 100 is 20% of X, X = 500. So a little over 50% of their workforce working CP. I like.

Just because 900 people were at the party doesn't mean they all worked for CD Projekt Red.

I'm sure friends, colleagues, and significant other were also invited to participate.

Sardukhar;n10356262 said:
Yeah it really doesn't. But hey. Hope Sprung Eternal. I've heard this every year since 2012, I think. Has to happen eventually.

Go go this year!

Meccanical;n10356662 said:
Just because 900 people were at the party doesn't mean they all worked for CD Projekt Red.

I'm sure friends, colleagues, and significant other were also invited to participate.

Lis is the resident optimist. Don't poop on his/her(?) dreams. :(

They made mention this was the biggest and best party cdpr have ever thrown. To me it seems like theyre celebrating much more than just the holidays ;) wink wink. Ive been saying it since early 2017 but now im just becoming more and more sure everyday. We are definately seeing this game in 2018. In my heart i have no doubt.

That is a bold statement, but not very accurate one. We must take under consideration people from the outside of studio that were also most likely invited for the party, so friends, family and loved ones. Besides of that we might also assume that people from the GOG might have been also invited, since they share the same working place after all. Based on all of that I would say that there is 500-600 people working at CD Projekt RED currently, with Cracow and Warsaw teams combined.

But I have to say it's nice that recently they seemed to be much more transparent then they were previously, with things like Google StreetView access to the studio and now the report from the Christmas party. Of course, it might've been a response to all the recent controversies that happened in the second half of the year, but it's also possible that, as the result of the recent milestone they were talking about, atmosphere in the studio is now more relaxed then before.

Actually the official info from CD Projekt is around 600 people in CD Projekt RED plus around 150 in GOG. Little bit over 100 of people are working on Gwent, more than 300 on Cyberpunk. All numbers are from last week, posted by the board representative

Benzenzimmern;n10364482 said:
Psst, everyone could bring a +1, which might alter the numbers somewhat. And it was a great party!

There were 10 reds the other day, now there are hundreds of you. You guys grow so fast. At this rate, by the end of the decade your company will be as big as Arasaka.

Last edited:
Top Bottom