There are soooo few sexual partners in B&W

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose rating systems might have played a part in this whole issue because otherwise I simply do not see why, if you decide to have sex in your final product, you can't have some variety thrown into the mix as well.

This is most likely one reason. And a very good one.

Another is likely opportunity costs. There is a finite number of hours the developers can work on the game. What has to be given up to create more of these plots, dialogues, voice acting sessions, visuals and etc? I think the number we have is actually a pretty good balance given finite resources. If you want to be a faithful Geralt you can, if you want to go around sleeping with a different person every few weeks you can do that too. There are I think seven "romances" (excluding brothels) in the game IIRC. Yen, Triss, Kiera, Sasha, Jutta, Shani and Syanna. That breaks down to the two main ones, one for each of the three regions (Velen = Kiera, Novigrad = Sasha and Skellige = Jutta), plus one for each of the expansions. Considering this main story is supposed to take place over the course of 4 to 8 months (depending on the epilogue you get), that is a lot - granted the B&W one will occur after the main quest occurs for most players.

Last edited:
I would have never guessed that this topic will have 21 pages and still couniting.

Maybe instead arguing what's in or out of character try to look at things this way: remember Shard of ice? - elixirs don't have good impact on witcher's organism :p And it's been more almost 30 years since shard of ice - he's much older and he drank a lot of elixirs, it's reasonable that settled down a bit.

@Sephira Another thing is that she was in Dun Tynne during at least two of the murders. So, was Dettlaff taking a nappy poo the whole time in his toy store the whole time. Explain me this. What happened to his unearthly sensibilities?!
Imho, he simply didn't know, remember that when she vanished he had absolutely no clue. If it was easy for him to track people he wouldn't have waited, for example to join the hunt party , to kill Peyran. Also consider that the Sangreal was being stolen just after she arrived in Toussaint. Blackmailing started before. He was taking a nappy while receiving "orders". :p

Yep, you just proved my thesis that a lot of people think that sex is bad and only allowed with prostitutes.

Yeah... that was my point. That's what I wanted to say <--*sarcasm*
I only said, that there is no need for such scenes in B&W, not that sex is bad or something like that.

I'm not for having Gerald screwing everyone in the game, but they could have thrown us a biscuit at the end of B&W. Instead of having our chosen lady wonder around Carvo Bianco and go into the bedroom and stare at the wall, we should have been able to christen that new bed with her, or possibly a nice candlelit supper, similar to the one we had with Keira with some nice closing dialogs drinking some Sangreal, and maybe just maybe a frisky roll amoungst the grape vines.

And if it's not bad and is a normal human behaviour then why there's no need? It's one of the series defining features even if you don't like it.

Genuine question, did you complain about the romance/sex scene in Hearts of Stone? I think what most people (us females included) have been saying is no we don't want to see "less" sex scenes or CDPR to start being tainted by idiots like TRIGGER WARNING :)>> fem freq (god forbid) but for them to somehow serve the story.
We get the same amount of "proper" sex partners (one) in HoS too but it tied in with good writing, tension and all that good stuff where as in BaW it was completely unneeded and out of the blue.
Is that what you dont like? If thats what you dont like then why more of the same? Its the only difference between HoS and BaW, so if you didnt complain about HoS then why? You still get one. If say Fringilla was present I don't think cdpr would be getting these complaints so much, right?
Would still be one lady just much better for the story, I think thats what most people are wanting.. more than numbers?
My Geralt happily settled down with Yen but you can bet your ass if Fringilla was an option Id have explored the shit out of it. If she was part of the story and didn't want anything to do with me BECAUSE I was with Yen then cool. Respect sista.
I wouldn't complain that CDPR "lied" to me about romance because only a few people's geralt's could sleep with her. Just fucking YT it and move on, or have something to warrant another play through. More RPG's need to have new things to discover in separate PT's. Mmmmmmm undiscovered content <3
Would've been a nice thing for geralt's that fucked up and got the threesome or didn't want to settle down. Serves the story, makes sense for her char. But no Fringilla unfortunately, ohhhh well.
And you could say that "well, thats because CDPR wrote the characters to be that way. They could have easily written them to be an option"
But thats "problematic" (hate that word) thats where people like fem freq start fapping like crazy because then they have a target.
It wasnt the vision that they had for those characters so who are we to tell them how to write them? Should listen to us about such things as much as they should listen to dem evul feminist (the awful one's, just a note that I am all for equality) Or are fans more entitled to tell them how to write the game and how much sex geralt should get than naysayers? Syanna almost feels forced in and Id rather never see that again.
REDS arent exactly stopping you from exploring your human behaviour ...
The only sex dolly I can think that could be in BaW with a quest line and not seem ridiculous would have been a succubus. And Im pretty sure Regis had dibbs anyway. Viv and Anna is just a no no.
And whether you like it or not geralt has changed since tw1, he's only partly our character which is why he's so much fun to play. So nothing wrong here. Still plenty of tits in the game though.

You can always headcanon geralt shagging his maid. Anyone elses start coming on to him after yen (or triss) showed up? Playing with fire girly ;)

Genuine question, did you complain about the romance/sex scene in Hearts of Stone?
No. I see Hearts of Stone as a great example how to make mature games properly.

We get the same amount of "proper" sex partners (one) in HoS too but it tied in with good writing, tension and all that good stuff where as in BaW it was completely unneeded and out of the blue.
Agree.

Is that what you dont like? If thats what you dont like then why more of the same? Its the only difference between HoS and BaW, so if you didnt complain about HoS then why? You still get one. If say Fringilla was present I don't think cdpr would be getting these complaints so much, right?
First of all, in my humble opinion, B&W has zero romances. It has a sex encounter with no emotional attachment, which can be equated to sex with a prostitute. Whether or not with Fringilla it would have been better I don't know, because she's not there. It all depends on the writing. What actually felt weak in terms of sexual encounters in B&W is that writers created an environment where it seems like every second character but Geralt, who was never noticed being chaste character, is having an affair. So, no love for Geralt in the land of love and wine. They even created situations where he should have had logically an opportunity but intentionally avoided it.

Would still be one lady just much better for the story, I think thats what most people are wanting.. more than numbers?
May be. It all depends on the writing quality and circumstances the characters are put in. On the other hand, as I said, before the right quantity is a quality. You cannot quantify that it should be exactly two, or three, or five, or one. It depends on a story, its mood. In case of B&W it felt that it is seriously lacking. And also because the main character is Geralt, who has a certain behavioral expectations associated with him. If the main character had been someone else there would have been different expectations.

It wasnt the vision that they had for those characters so who are we to tell them how to write them?
Well, people are providing feedback what they liked and what they didn't like. If people dislike quality or quantity of sexual encounters then it's their right to have that opinion and give such feedback to CDPR. Collectively, certain number of opinions, of course, can adjust writing of a characters in the future.

Viv and Anna is just a no no.
Vivien if you choose to tell Guillaume the truth is definitely no,no but if she ditches him in the alternative scenario it's actually logically viable since she has few years to live and has nothing to loose. I actually would be very interested in the statistic how many people prefer to go for happy end vs fucking Vivien. One catch though, Australians will be angry and CDPR don't want to loose their market.
Anna is clearly a viable possibility. She's a single woman and don't shy of affairs. Since she's familiar with Dandelion, she might take interest what this famous witcher is really like.
But I don't insist that those options must have been in the game, just saying that it's not unrealistic scenarios.

Still plenty of tits in the game though.
Again, tits don't equal mature content. You can read CDPR's interview where they say everything right but they didn't follow their own advice in many parts of the B&W.

Last edited:
Again, tits don't equal mature content. You can read CDPR's interview where they say everything right but they didn't follow their own advice in many parts of the B&W.
At this point, I am not sure what you are arguing. Do you acknowledge the reasons behind the lack of sexual content in B&W being due to 1) having already previously rated the game and 2) the technical limitations behind low priority content? Are you genuinely criticising CDPR over this lack of your preferential content?

Morally, sure, more high quality romances within the limitations of the pacing and narrative - go ahead. I think anyone and everyone in this thread would agree to more/higher quality content of the romantic/sexual nature if it made sense in the context of the story. But at the moment you sound like you're hoeing in on a developer who probably wanted to put that content in - as that interview implies - but couldn't due to other issues. What's your point?

I think anyone and everyone in this thread would agree to more/higher quality content of the romantic/sexual nature if it made sense in the context of the story.
Yes, in a nutshell this is what all is about. Had it made with sense, ok. But forced? Nah.

Mmm that feelie...

Q: M-maybe some women like Anna-Henrietta just don't see a potential sexual partner in Geralt? Mb she prefers the men of art? Like Dandy or that artist from Orianna's party?
α : Bullshit! There is no protection against me...I mean Geralt's sexuality.

Q: M-maybe Vivienne was too shocked and happy and there was no time and even a single thought about a sexual "payment" for the help?
α: Bullshit again! What is it? A dating simulator or a mature game? My psychological experience tells me that there's no better time for it. Life is short, babe, witcher like me..mhm...Geralt is the only one. Don't lose your chance.

And if it's not bad and is a normal human behaviour then why there's no need? It's one of the series defining features even if you don't like it.

For me it's the story and the setting. Not the sex.
And again: I never said sex is bad or anything else. But the dlc had worked without sex, too.

There has been so many friendly reminders in this thread by moderators to drop the name calling and hostility. Yet some people still decide to ignore them and more posts had to be deleted.

This thread is now locked until we decide its further fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom