There is currently 20 jobs offers for cyberpunk...

+
They could clearly need an community manager.

Not a single post on this entire platform for like a week after launch?
Every day i check for an post, roadmap or any sign of life here.

Game looks already abandoned ...

Maybe. But there just was Christmas and New Year is just around the corner. Whoever manages their online communities certainly deserves holidays off from this mess.

Maybe. But there just was Christmas and New Year is just around the corner. Whoever manages their online communities certainly deserves holidays off from this mess.

As i said. They actually need an community manager who is willing to put in some work...
Despite the sun isnt shining on cdpr at this point.

With a little effort they could gain a lot of good will... Looking at the endings thread with thousands of posts from concerned fans.

They were all cool and chill with their influencer bros joking around. And now nothing?
Not beeing able to put an post in an entire week because its holidays... Of course ;)

As i said. They actually need an community manager who is willing to put in some work...
Despite the sun isnt shining on cdpr at this point.

With a little effort they could gain a lot of good will... Looking at the endings thread with thousands of posts from concerned fans.

They were all cool and chill with their influencer bros joking around. And now nothing?
Not beeing able to put an post in an entire week because its holidays... Of course ;)

So you don't know what a community manager does, I guess?
And which one do you think should appear here?
From which regions, countries, or all at once?
Does it need to be one that is specialized in one of the topics or is it just important for them to say anything?
And they may not be able to communicate anythign from inside CDPR, because there might be no info. The ones holding down the fort are administrators and moderators, mostly (as I get to know) because they're long term members of this forum and of their own free will, not being employed by CDPR.

A lot of the positions are not positions related to bug fixing. Maybe they're planning on trying to claw bag some good will by releasing lots of extra content or some really good DLC like they did with Witcher.

Adding extra content...
Maybe they could just start by adding back the cut content and completing the game as it was advertise in the 48min gameplay, where nearly all the good stuff, sold as regular game mechanic, is in fact "a once in a quest" feature.

...They sold me a full equip luxury car, but I only got a scooter, and they even removed the engine.

So you don't know what a community manager does, I guess?
And which one do you think should appear here?
From which regions, countries, or all at once?
Does it need to be one that is specialized in one of the topics or is it just important for them to say anything?
And they may not be able to communicate anythign from inside CDPR, because there might be no info. The ones holding down the fort are administrators and moderators, mostly (as I get to know) because they're long term members of this forum and of their own free will, not being employed by CDPR.

Actually, i dont know and dont care.
If its in chinese someone would translate it im sure.
If its bugfixing, mechaniks, story?
I dont care.

Everythings an improvement at this point ...

Does anyone know what's the situatio for now? Really curious about it. I am working in a different field, I am a civil engineer but I am also really interested in software development and game development so I try to follow the news and taking a closer look at a job market.

Last edited:
I can not imagine the frustration the devs have to go through right now.
o_O?

Dude didn't the leadership already apologize how they didn't listen to the feedback and rushed the game through?

Didn't the workers get bonus checks despite game being received poorly (how they changed bonus structure)?

What frustration are you talking about? Fixing bugs? Wouldn't that be still happening despite game being released or not?

You guys ever worked on software business? The leadership barely knows what happens in day to day routine. Whether something is released or not barely impacts day to day routine in employer level (unless of course there's some forced overtime, which they last time voted for, no I seriously doubt they keep voting for 6 months overtime in row). People get assigned tasks and you complete them in timely manner.

There's no indication that is shown to the public that these employees are being whipped around and forced to work overtime or being treated in bad condition. And doesn't Polish laws prevent such practice anyway?

Last edited:
Who cares about quality when you can hook a few whales and make more money with minimal effort?
Multiplayer doesn't necessarily have to mean that there will be egregious micro-transactions.

Didn't Doom (2016) have free multiplayer features included? Didn't games like Unreal Tournament (not the free one) have multiplayer features without microtransactions?

I mean there certainly is a chance for some kind of extra monetary gains in form of sprays and emotes, launching fire works, victory poses etc... but I don't think they would be huge win, unless the online play itself turns very captivating.

Considering Overwatch has 6 million monthly players, there's some hope for reaching 10-20 millions spike at launch, and maintain 4-5 million players monthly in years to come, I'd assume. There's likely going to be some serious chance to attract Counter Strike crowd competitive scene, along with casuals playing Co-op missions, some form of Mario Kart ripoff even, there's a lot of areas the game can attract customers.

Guest 4564903

Who cares about quality when you can hook a few whales and make more money with minimal effort?

If people want to spend money of digital stuff that means nothing its up to them, I'd rather have a MP mode where I can have fun with friends and its loaded with micro transactions than no MP mode at all.

At the end of the day the only reason we have such awful monetization in games is because of the people that keep buying these cosmetics, card packs or whatever it may be. Companies only do this because it pays and it pays because of the consumer, blame them as these companies don't hold a gun to anybodies head and clearly the majority of people love all of this awful monetization as a few whales do not spend billions which is what companies make from micro transactions.

msxyz

Forum regular
Why people still pursue a career in gaming development is really beyond me. And I say this as somebody who played videogames since 1982, know several programming languages and content creation tools, has been a modder since the '90s and -at some point of his life- also sought a career in gaming development.

Reading some of the reviews on Galssdoors (not specific to CDPR, any big dev will do) is an eye opener. 99% of the people end up doing repetitive task in their cubicles, many positions are firmly in the hands of a few seniors who've been in the companies since the beginning, most often than not, even when they lack the proper skill for that position.

You want to become a game dev? Join some indie team and make yourself noticed. AAA gaming development nowadays is an industry living on hype and the sweat of that 99% of underpaid, overworked, exploited slaves - in all but the name.

Ahem... :) At any rate I guess it's good to see that CDPR hasn't given up yet on CP2077 though, as others said, it could be that they just need some people to replace those who left. Turnaround is common in this sector.

Top Bottom