There is no reason to lock a door >:0

+
Untitled5.jpg

this door need high lvl to open . after I open . i not found anything in it. - _ -
some door its lock with lvl 12 grade. but When i open it. there is a junk in there.
this is nonsence when i found this. its a trap ever >:O do something CDPR !!!

cheer - o -
meow

Don't go loot until your level 30+ best is 40+ then that same container will have at least a lbue item, but most likely epic or legendary.

And if you later want to try and find special legendaries. Leave container unlooted and come back when your lvl 50.
Like a place with 3 lockers and a gas mask in each. Wait until levle 40+ go there save and load a few times and you will get at least one legendary with mods.

In the all food factory after the first encouter with Royce you can strenght open the door of the elevator with body 20 or something to return into the main factory halll right away to gain nothing because you cant get out without going the usual path first.

Thats far more dissapointing than an empty room.

Why should every locked place contain a treasure?
There are certain fundamentals of game design. One of the big ones is avoid arbitrary elements. Openable chests shouldn't be empty. Mazes should actually lead to somewhere. Bosses guard rewards. Etc. If you're going to include an obstacle it should be either to progression or a reward of some sort or a natural element of your world design. If you're gonna subvert the trope, it should either be a trap or played off as a gag. Violating this fundamental tends to lead to player frustration (and not the good kind where players spend more money) as the game either feels incomplete, nonsensical, or deceptive (as gamers fundamentally understand this design rule and therefore look to certain level elements as signposts for certain things, e.g. room full of ammo and health=boss).

Don't remember the gig, but there is a bar where you can hack everything, but there is a door that will only open with a high strength check. I have an Intell 12 and Tech 20, but there is no other way inside. I think you need Body 15 or something. I'm only at 5.

I'm ok with some things needing a high Body check. Metal gates, car trunks, rusted machinery, etc. But a storage room in a bar? Most places like this should allow multiple ways to open. High Skill of some sort. TECH would be sneaky, BODY would be noisy.

Just my two eddies

Don't remember the gig, but there is a bar where you can hack everything, but there is a door that will only open with a high strength check. I have an Intell 12 and Tech 20, but there is no other way inside. I think you need Body 15 or something. I'm only at 5.

I'm ok with some things needing a high Body check. Metal gates, car trunks, rusted machinery, etc. But a storage room in a bar? Most places like this should allow multiple ways to open. High Skill of some sort. TECH would be sneaky, BODY would be noisy.

Just my two eddies
Most areas of the game with Int/Tech/Body checks allow for use of another check or hacking or movement options to get in (most commonly there will be an Tech and a Body door both leading to the same place or you'll be able to hack open a door with a Tech or Body check if you're running a cyberdeck), but specific ones are designed to only be available to a single option. This is to make those options meaningful choices instead of just determining which direction you must approach areas from.

It's frustrating...but it's a normal element of RPGs of this sort designed to encourage replayability. You can't go everywhere and do everything in a single build (unless that build is Int/Tech/Body, but I digress and you'd still miss out on Reflex and Cool conversation options).

You can't go everywhere and do everything in a single build (unless that build is Int/Tech/Body, but I digress and you'd still miss out on Reflex and Cool conversation options).
My first character was statted with a high Cool and Reflex, but several levels in, the perk choices were really disappointing.

Knowing what I know now, I would have chosen my skills and perks differently. Some really don't make any sense, for any kind of build.

Yeah, seems to me they were going to send a team of DEV thru the game right before releasing it and start placing exploration rewards and actual rooms on the other side of many of the locked doors (especially the ones with big neon signs that say OPEN FOR BUSINESS) but lost the time to do it.

Top Bottom