There needs to be more than just Nudity On/Off? + the way pacifism is handled in game

+
I'm playing this game and sometimes I have a kid who wants to climb on my lap to watch me driving on the car, but I have a hard time trying to let him see the game and often have to drive in the wasteland with little to no advertisements due to them being very mature in content.

I know it's kinda the theme of the game where you have this really dark and moody world with oversexual ads and people getting shot in the streets... but if you want to just enjoy the view and drive around, it'd be so nice to try to put out those ads like "MilfGuard", "Wide Open" or "Wet Dream" ads showing these female bodies very exposed or in a sexual act which would be very disturbing for young children.

As I understand, there exists these filters in the code to make the game more region specific for each country, but I'd like to see some way to maybe take out all the +18 content ads if a parent so chooses. I mean the game already has nudity censor but there's no filter for advertisements.

This way you could also make the game more accessible for younger people... though it's kinda strange that we're totally fine seeing people chopping heads off etc, it's a strange culture...

And while we're at the violence here, I wish we had some alternative ways to deal with the enemies. Basically doing near death choke to sleep / kill animation from behind option is just strange when there's no clear benefit on either option. I think the game definitely should use some Karma points, and also if you try the pacifist route, the enemies should be able to recover in short time unless you jab them with lets say sleeping serum, or maybe a smoke grenade made the enemies sleep in that area etc.

I also still really much dislike the idea that you can be "pacifist" while you just shoot people with a weapon addon that makes bullets non-lethal. It's just not very thematic... I mean I'd be fine with certain weapons that zap the enemies to sleep like electric baton or hitting them with a club.

So in short for this game to "mature" the devs should take a much closer look on these filters and how the karma is handled in the game and how pacifist way of life in night city would feel right, I can certainly say it doesn't currently do it now.

I do agree that playing non lethal in this game is completely meaningless and not well implemented at all, but as for asking for a child friendly filter for a game that involves themes of violence, murder, drug use, prostitution, sexual abuse, torture, slavery and a myriad of other things then that is a really bizarre request. I suggest you just don't play the game in front of your kid or playing Forza. As a side point it is rather strange that you consider the natural, relatively benign phenomenon of human sexuality to be more disturbing for children than everything else in this game, like the things I previously mentioned.

Also if you personally dislike the level of violence in this game, I seriously suggest that you also should probably just not play this game. Violence is an integral part of the content and the message of this game. Adventures with Barbie may be more your type of game.

Not everything is necessarily what it looks like from the surface.

For the sake of possible general interest.

Story driven games requiring lot's of attention and having a good flow that can really get player involved and parenting of small children just don't mix very well IMO.

For Xbox and PC in Forza Horizon series of games there are lot to explore, discuss and make decisions with smaller kids and then you can just shut it down and forget it and return later.

With bigger children, for story driven games there's this really brilliant game called the Outer Worlds and can be played even if kids happen to take a peek at it.

The best thing I think are board games, perhaps some card games too and there's plenty to choose from. The dice has great feature being able to even things out between kids and an adults.

Actually I spent some time looking for Xbox games involving adventure and exploration but no violence that I could play with my child. I could not find any unfortunately.
So I understand both the OP and the responses about parenting in this thread. I also tried to drive a car / go shopping / feed the cat with my child in Cyberpunk but it is not a good idea.
Can someone recommend a child friendly 3d exploration game?

Actually I spent some time looking for Xbox games involving adventure and exploration but no violence that I could play with my child. I could not find any unfortunately.
So I understand both the OP and the responses about parenting in this thread. I also tried to drive a car / go shopping / feed the cat with my child in Cyberpunk but it is not a good idea.
Can someone recommend a child friendly 3d exploration game?
I think The Witness is a great game for that

original.jpg

While I sympathise with the OP, I've got to agree with the others who replied.
This is very decisively an adult game, and I don't think it should be on CDPR to tackle this.
Maybe it's a simple thing to flick a switch and render all the in-game ads 'harmless' (and block access to Jig Jig Street:censored:), but I doubt it.

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a good alternative, and maybe some of the driving sims ... bus, truck, taxi ... might work?

As for the non-lethal route, some sort of powerful one-shot tranquiliser dart gun would be nice.
But again, this doesn't strike me as a game for taking the pacifist route, not when even the NCPD advise you not to leave home unless you're packing iron.

sorry not for kids

So why is there option to filter out nudity for sex scenes?
I just think there should be similar option for ads, that's all I'm asking.
Post automatically merged:

You're looking for pacifism in Cyberpunk?
Do you know anything about the genre?
Well I know there's an option for non-lethal takedowns with weapon augments and when grabbing enemy.

I mean the game clearly isn't Doom in scifi setting where only option is to shoot people so why pretend there's no option for not engaging in combat in every time you see gangsters.

I mean the game itself offers you ways to lets say stealing an item hold by a gang without a single kill, and with ability to distract enemies you can prevent enemies from engaging you.

Clearly the pacifism is part of the design in the game, and all I'm just saying they should tweak some of the aspects of it.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
So why is there option to filter out nudity for sex scenes?
- For those who don't want to see some "body parts" during their playthroughs.
- For content creators who don't want to see their contents demonetized (Youtubers who come in my mind, I think. A little bit like "disable copyrighted music" option).
- And just a guess, I don't know, but maybe in some countries, show "full" nudity is forbidden by law.

i criticize this game a lot. i love it but there is nothing to do. if its an RPG then why is it so lifeless. and non-lethal takedowns are pointless since they never recover.

As a parent myself its my job to monitor what my kids can and cannot see. i have altered my play times and just avoided certain games all together just to keep my daughter from seeing them. We cannot ask companies to do our job because we aren't willing to do it ourselves

I agree with what everyone else already wrote. The game is not designed to be safe for kids under 17 years old and it's not up to the developer to spend their time and money reworking stuff to what you or what seems to be a small minority wants. I'd rather see them use their resources for bug fixes and content for the rest of us. As for morality, I can suppose it has everything to do with sales and that would be why there is only some nudity censoring, we weren't in any of the meetings to know why it's like that.

I don't think what you are asking for with the ads is unreasonable if there is already a framework to do it and all that needs to be done is create new art work and a method to toggle it on and off or hook it into the existing switch; I say that cautiously while knowing that until you dig in the code yourself to see what is what, never say something is or should be easy to someone in IT at any level. A player created a mod long ago that deals with the very issue of nudity in ads. Like most mods, it is a temporary patch; delete the patch file and it's gone, it is not the same as editing the software where one change can trigger unexpected errors or events for all or most players. Mods work only if you play on a PC so, if you are, I just tested this one and it still works so here you go. MODEST ADS 2077 (lore friendly censor). Maybe there are other mods out there that do the same or similar.

As for pacifism, you are asking for fundamental changes in the game. The whole idea of it doesn't even fit the storyline and V, the main character. This is the game, this is what it is. You can try doing as many missions as you can using stealth; I'm doing that in my current playthrough just because I think it's fun.

I'm not a parent but I do understand you wanting to protect your kid from what you feel is objectionable, but the whole world can't, shouldn't, and won't censor itself to be kid-friendly. I hope you can use that mod as it would at least solve half of what you are asking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom