There needs to be more than just Nudity On/Off? + the way pacifism is handled in game

+
I agree with what everyone else already wrote. The game is not designed to be safe for kids under 17 years old and it's not up to the developer to spend their time and money reworking stuff to what you or what seems to be a small minority wants. I'd rather see them use their resources for bug fixes and content for the rest of us. As for morality, I can suppose it has everything to do with sales and that would be why there is only some nudity censoring, we weren't in any of the meetings to know why it's like that.

I don't think what you are asking for with the ads is unreasonable if there is already a framework to do it and all that needs to be done is create new art work and a method to toggle it on and off or hook it into the existing switch; I say that cautiously while knowing that until you dig in the code yourself to see what is what, never say something is or should be easy to someone in IT at any level. A player created a mod long ago that deals with the very issue of nudity in ads. Like most mods, it is a temporary patch; delete the patch file and it's gone, it is not the same as editing the software where one change can trigger unexpected errors or events for all or most players. Mods work only if you play on a PC so, if you are, I just tested this one and it still works so here you go. MODEST ADS 2077 (lore friendly censor). Maybe there are other mods out there that do the same or similar.

As for pacifism, you are asking for fundamental changes in the game. The whole idea of it doesn't even fit the storyline and V, the main character. This is the game, this is what it is. You can try doing as many missions as you can using stealth; I'm doing that in my current playthrough just because I think it's fun.

I'm not a parent but I do understand you wanting to protect your kid from what you feel is objectionable, but the whole world can't, shouldn't, and won't censor itself to be kid-friendly. I hope you can use that mod as it would at least solve half of what you are asking.
If i may add some thing, 'cause you're right.

This is how work post-modern stories even in litterature. The social subjet is put on the stage on purpose, the social and economical everyday violence IS the subject of those kind of stories. It is suppose to put on the foreground misery and now days insidious violence and the omnipresence of advertisment, intertainment, corruption and medias. ^^

Last edited:
So why is there option to filter out nudity for sex scenes?
I just think there should be similar option for ads, that's all I'm asking.
Hmm. As I think on this... Seems to me that the Nudity Censor in the game is to censor nudity from adults, not children. Adults have an entirely different perspective on this than a child does. Thus, the censor is not to make the game "PG" so that a child can see the game. It is to not show certain things to an adult, who is very aware of what they are not seeing.

Ads apparently don't rise to the same level. I can certainly see that some adults may want that filtered as well, for the same reasons. Fortunately, most adults are experts in ignoring ads, so once they learn to "look the other way", I would imagine that the problem is greatly reduced. Again, this is a difference between children and adults.

Some content, including quotes, removed. Personal attacks are never welcome here.

If you cannot accept opinions that differ from your own, discussions on this forum may not be for you as the forum rules require respectful behaviour.

@nc_01, just a little OT to past another one, with "no risk" for children :)
Beyond Blue - Family & kids
Beyond-Blue.jpg
Beyond Blue is an educational underwater diving adventure game developed and published by American studio E-Line Media, who had formerly developed Never Alone. The game was inspired by the BBC's Blue Planet II nature documentary series.

People confuse non-lethal with non-violence in videogames. Most games don't support full non-violent runs (save some stealth focused). Shooting a tranquilizer from distance (or equivalent) to a random person is quite violent imho.
That's what I thought... Beatting a dude with a baseball bat to knock out him is non lethal, but rather violent at the end...
Don't worry, I'm a pacifist, but I'll beat your face "non-lethally" anyway :D

People confuse non-lethal with non-violence in videogames. Most games don't support full non-violent runs (save some stealth focused). Shooting a tranquilizer from distance (or equivalent) to a random person is quite violent imho.
Not to mention some "non-lethal" methods could kill if not done properly. Too many tranquilizers would cause an overdose. Or if you knock someone unconscious, depending on method, they could suffer a massive concussion, or if somehow no longer breathing, the brain would soon die without oxygen, and i'm pretty sure most street punks aren't packing platinum trauma cards.

Yeah, hitting someone with a huge hammer will kill people IRL, it was a surprise to me that it was kept as non-lethal.

I'm playing this game and sometimes I have a kid who wants to climb on my lap to watch me driving on the car, but I have a hard time trying to let him see the game and often have to drive in the wasteland with little to no advertisements due to them being very mature in content.

I know it's kinda the theme of the game where you have this really dark and moody world with oversexual ads and people getting shot in the streets... but if you want to just enjoy the view and drive around, it'd be so nice to try to put out those ads like "MilfGuard", "Wide Open" or "Wet Dream" ads showing these female bodies very exposed or in a sexual act which would be very disturbing for young children.

As I understand, there exists these filters in the code to make the game more region specific for each country, but I'd like to see some way to maybe take out all the +18 content ads if a parent so chooses. I mean the game already has nudity censor but there's no filter for advertisements.

This way you could also make the game more accessible for younger people... though it's kinda strange that we're totally fine seeing people chopping heads off etc, it's a strange culture...
I get where you're coming from. My brother has children as well, when he plays adult games and the youngest come around he just turns it off and plays with them. I do the same when I'm around them. Pause the super adult game, put the controller down, and go play with your child. Get Smash Bros, Mario Kart or any other number of splitscreen/couch co-op games so you two can have a good time if he's looking to game with his parent. Do the job.

Nicki Minaj was asked about this in light of her younger fans and her answer was quite convincing: "I'm not their parents."

It is an adult game. And while in principle they might already have a mechanism built in that could tone down the adverts, this is a game that features torture, rape, drug abuse and snuff films as key elements of the plot.

So of all the games you could reasonably expect a developer to tone down, this is not one of them.

I get where you're coming from. My brother has children as well, when he plays adult games and the youngest come around he just turns it off and plays with them. I do the same when I'm around them. Pause the super adult game, put the controller down, and go play with your child. Get Smash Bros, Mario Kart or any other number of splitscreen/couch co-op games so you two can have a good time if he's looking to game with his parent. Do the job.
i remember just turning off my system to go play with my daughter. Playing with Barbies, doing little picnics and even tossing around a football later on in her life. When she got into games it was rayman and minecraft. I would just play my games when she wasn't around and i had free time. Never regret a minute of it

In a game explicitly and only intended for an adult audience, it seem to me that it's not really up to the developers to take measures or add options in case minors would "watch" it... but it's only my opinion ;)
I agree, what does OP when watching a horror or action movie with violance and his kid climbs his lap? Simply do the same with the game. As much as i understand the intend to protect the child as less i understand why you cant choose a different more childsafe game to play when your child joins you?

I would prefer the dev team to keep fixing bugs and adding more content than working for stuff so parents dont have to pay attention for their offsprings mental safty. Sorry

Edit : I really should start reading threads to the end before answering to avoid like in this case to answer stuff that was answered already a dozen times by others. For cases like this it really would be nice if one could delete the own postings.

Last edited:
i remember just turning off my system to go play with my daughter. Playing with Barbies, doing little picnics and even tossing around a football later on in her life. When she got into games it was rayman and minecraft. I would just play my games when she wasn't around and i had free time. Never regret a minute of it
The game, though hopefully not as flawed, will be the same many years from now. Kids won't. They grow up fast.

Please give my more informations about ads:
Is there any nudity in them, also if you activate the "censorship option" ?

There's actually another group that is gameplay recorders. Different from live steamers, they can manually skip the "dangerous" content, but they are afraid that when the live steam mode is turned on, they will miss some things that could be skipped manually. I've seen more than one recorder, myself included, have their videos being banned because of billboards, and then had to cut the offending part then post it again.

There's actually another group that is gameplay recorders. Different from live steamers, they can manually skip the "dangerous" content, but they are afraid that when the live steam mode is turned on, they will miss some things that could be skipped manually. I've seen more than one recorder, myself included, have their videos being banned because of billboards, and then had to cut the offending part then post it again.
May be different in function of platform, but from my understanding which come from various streamers, on Twitch, if the stream is clearly labelled as "adult content", everything which is in the game does not represent any "issue".

R001c

Forum regular
"I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.”

Top Bottom