There should be a skip option for act 1

+
Now here me out... I know that skipping act 1 is a big deal for playing for the first time but we should have an option bc I have played it 2 times and I wanted it like Mass Effect 2, when you start Mass Effect 2 without playing 1, it has at the beginning what you chose in Mass Effect 1, and you play into that world in ME2, that what I want after all the options you picked and you've ended up into V's apartment.
Good idea?, let me know

"THERE SHOULD BE A SKIP OPTION FOR ACT 1"

Now here me out... I know that skipping act 1 is a big deal for playing for the first time but we should have an option bc I have played it 2 times and I wanted it like Mass Effect 2, when you start Mass Effect 2 without playing 1, it has at the beginning what you chose in Mass Effect 1, and you play into that world in ME2, that what I want after all the options you picked and you've ended up into V's apartment.
Good idea?, let me know
Very bad idea. If you wanna skip the entirety of Act 1, you might as well skip the entire game. For me, Act 1 serves as the Prologue of the story. It forms the story, forms it's purpose, the reasoning. Wouldn't wanna miss it in the world especially when playing the Nomad storyline.

Am now busy with the 18th playthrough, and still enjoying it, and even finding ways to play the game differently.

I wish we could skip more and get into the game meat faster as life is too short to waste time on busy work. This is why I do not play games that force you to go back the entire level (no manual saves). However this game is different in that act 1 is so interwoven into the rest of the game.

It would be like going to a Michelin 3-star restaurant for a second time and saying to the waiter:

"I have no time to waste on ordering so please just hurry and bring me what I had last time."

Last edited:

"THERE SHOULD BE A SKIP OPTION FOR ACT 1"

Very bad idea. If you wanna skip the entirety of Act 1, you might as well skip the entire game. For me, Act 1 serves as the Prologue of the story. It forms the story, forms it's purpose, the reasoning. Wouldn't wanna miss it in the world especially when playing the Nomad storyline.

Am now busy with the 18th playthrough, and still enjoying it, and even finding ways to play the game differently.
So you are willingly to play the BD tutorial 18 times?
Post automatically merged:

For me, no :(
Decision could be important in Act 1, and you can play lot of time before "The Heist".
And that could signify that Act1 is pretty useless (so not good idea).
(but, it's my opinion, if CDPR decide to add that, whatever, I don't care).
I'm talking about ME2 where you pick options from Mass Effect 1 decisions and continue the game in Act 2

I'm talking about ME2 where you pick options from Mass Effect 1 decisions and continue the game in Act 2
Yep I know, but in ME2, you don't "skip" any part of ME2. You skip ME1 because you don't have played it and decisions of the first episod are important in the trilogy.
Like in ME3 if you don't have played ME1 & ME2 or in TW3 if you don't have played TW1 & TW2.
Nothing to do with skipping entire Act 1 in Cyberpunk.

Like always, that's only my opinion ;)

Agree with NorseGraphics or, more easily done: open up the city after the 6 months montage and have a manual spawn of the Sandra Dorsett Rescue mission to continue the story.
You will need to beef up all the difficulty levels,street cred,enemies in the whole gamefor this I fear(already kind of broken even at very hard around level 30 something)...Also with @NorseGraphics if all NCPD needs to be cleared(if i understood correctly one story trigger) Or cap the maximum level before Dorsett,no matter what you do.

I don't want to skip Act 1 entirely. I would however like to be able to skip any of the tutorials in Act 1.
Sandra Dorsett (and subsequent Jackie drive/van etc) - skippable. Let me jump to my apartment or something.
BD training session - skippable. I don't mean entirely - but load it up and have Judy ask if you've done this before - yes - okay, on to Konpeki BD instead etc. Even that one is painful, but I've gotten quick at navigating it at least.

There is too much on-rails you can't skip in the start of the game. Holding C to fast forward helps some... but I loathe going through the tutorials again and again. It's one of the reasons I put it off in Act 1 for so long. I am usually level 20+ and 40+ SC before the heist lol.

You will need to beef up all the difficulty levels,street cred,enemies in the whole gamefor this I fear(already kind of broken even at very hard around level 30 something)...Also with @NorseGraphics if all NCPD needs to be cleared(if i understood correctly one story trigger) Or cap the maximum level before Dorsett,no matter what you do.
Beef 'em :) hehe joking but I wouldn't mind that at all. At least the TW3 option to level lower enemies up to player rank.
Anyways this idea wouldn't have the requirements to finish ncpd crimes... just open some fixer missions and ncpd non-related to Johnny around town. For me this would really open the possibilities for roleplaying the game to its fullest. After reading other people's thoughts about the sandbox theme I see CP77 not as a standard sandbox at all but a unique type of sandbox where the story fragments are part of the background which is set. So playing in this sandbox has a lot to do with the gameplay you go for, dialogue options you choose, how you go about exploring the world and the order in which you do some missions. For example for me Jotaro's mission is one among many that I think about whether my V should face this situation at this moment. Opening up the city and missions earlier and specificaly before the relic would open up a lot more paths for different Vs

So you are willingly to play the BD tutorial 18 times?
Not bothered with it. Comes with the story. Is that why you wanna skip act 1? What about the introduction of the main character? And the other characters? What about the build up of the Heist, and the heist itself? The way the game plays? The introduction of BDs? You just speed-run through all that every time? I never do. Always enjoying it.

Wish the half a year that was skipped was the first half of act 1. Act 1 cannot last long enough.

I agree with cstretten in that the tutorials should be skippable, for me the BD tutorial should be skippable at least as I personally dislike BD's in general (not sure why tho.)

Beef 'em :) hehe joking but I wouldn't mind that at all. At least the TW3 option to level lower enemies up to player rank.
Anyways this idea wouldn't have the requirements to finish ncpd crimes... just open some fixer missions and ncpd non-related to Johnny around town. For me this would really open the possibilities for roleplaying the game to its fullest. After reading other people's thoughts about the sandbox theme I see CP77 not as a standard sandbox at all but a unique type of sandbox where the story fragments are part of the background which is set. So playing in this sandbox has a lot to do with the gameplay you go for, dialogue options you choose, how you go about exploring the world and the order in which you do some missions. For example for me Jotaro's mission is one among many that I think about whether my V should face this situation at this moment. Opening up the city and missions earlier and specificaly before the relic would open up a lot more paths for different Vs
it would be fine for me that skip option and auto-leveling (manual trigger or as game option) as far is a game option not something imposed, if they did that in TW3 I will not be surprised that they will end up giving it in one of the free DLCs kind of NG+ mode (because yes, even if I like the game as it is I understand many people will not want to do the same story over and over or change the pace at which you unlock stuff etc).

But just as a side note, as it has been written before by many people (including me) about the perception of what is a RPG. For me if you activate an auto-leveling feature (even if its the player who triggers) the game is less a RPG and more an action-adventure because you just killed the whole purpose of leveling and character progression, the problem that CP2077 has actually is that relies on the player to "don´t grind too much" before going into story missions but lacks a mechanism to avoid it... it would have been better, that some form of level cap was in place that forced to do story missions once you level-up enough to be on par with the enemies in the story side (like a Relic malfunction that disables capability to learn new things, removing XP gain or so till you progress further down the story path).

Good idea?, let me know
What I've done with games in the past (Dragon Age 1, mostly) is create a few characters, play through the beginning, then save my game when I got to the world map the first time. So, I had a low-level fighter, a low-level rogue, and a low-level mage standing by. I then backed up those saves so that, at any point, I could restore the character to the beginning and play differently (to see how different skills would work out, for example.) We could do the same with our V. Just start the 3 different life paths and back up each save when you get to the apartment. If you're on PC, it's easy enough to edit the character's appearance in-game using mods, in case you wanted to mix it up.

I think this is, perhaps indirectly, leaning into an argument for a "sandbox mode". At it's heart, at least. "Let us skip the story stuff so we can just focus on gameplay." What about an option to simply create a new character, select a starting location, and spawn into the world with no main quest at all? (Not trying to put words in your mouth or anything -- just following the energy.)

having done 4 playthroughs of the game, i totally agree with the OP on skippable act 1. it literally discourages me from playing the game any more due to the slog that is act 1 to get pass.

saving the game at the end of act 1 for each playthrough is a good idea, but it's not something the player should have to "plan" for especially on their 1st playthrough when they didnt know that you REALLY need to do it if you don't want to get "stuck" behind act 1 / watson in the future.

i mean white orchard is bad enough on NG+, but watson is like 10x worse.

Good idea?, let me know

I dunno, the irony is that ACT I is easily the best part of the game. The irony is the Watson portion of things is the best adventures, characters, and choices.

It's like the reverse of Knights of the Old Republic II.

Top Bottom