There's a [now defunct] rumor that the bathtub sequence in last year's demo has been scrapped

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cy...stream-8-30-2019.138171/page-25#post-24136360

This person, Boskee or w/e, has been an insider on this game and CDPR for a while and says the awesome bathtub scene where you're carrying a naked woman that was in the gameplay demo last year has been removed from the game. Do we know if this is true? That would suck because that whole sequence is one of my favorite parts of the demo last year. I hope its not because of censorship or at least something similar will be in this game. Do we know if CDPR said its removed from the game?

Considering his question "Do we know if Jackie, Dexter and T-Bug re still in the game? We know that the bathtub quest shown last year won't be included, but are those characters still present or was the E3 trailer used to kill them off?" he doesn't seem to be much of an "insider" to me... You sure he isn't just a regular poster?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cy...stream-8-30-2019.138171/page-25#post-24136360

This person, Boskee or w/e, has been an insider on this game and CDPR for a while and says the awesome bathtub scene where you're carrying a naked woman that was in the gameplay demo last year has been removed from the game. Do we know if this is true? That would suck because that whole sequence is one of my favorite parts of the demo last year. I hope its not because of censorship or at least something similar will be in this game. Do we know if CDPR said its removed from the game?
The way his post is worded makes it clear that he himself doesn't know anything. I think the "bathtub scene" being removed from the game thing comes from misinterpretation of what Lilayah said during community podcast, when she said that the old backstory choices from the start of the demo were scrapped, which some people misunderstood as "the start of the demo was scrapped".

It wouldn't surprise me if they cut the majority of what we saw in the tech demo last year considering a two year production schedule.

lelxrv

Forum veteran
Maybe it's scrapped. So what? Dijkstra proposed to deal with a beast in the early Witcher 3 demo. Maybe the bathtub scene has a different context now. Different quest layout. Or replaced with something better entirely.

While I don't know this user that could be an "insider" - or not - it feels like this thread or OP is a perfect example of how quickly rumors or wrong information snippets could be shared and thus spread.

I don't mean the actual question whether the demo was scrapped but some of the wording and implications. I don't want to claim bad intentions but I get a more dramatic feel from the wording such as "Insider claims....!" Can't take everything at face value without further elaboration or checking.

What I want to say with this post is that tone or specific wording can sometimes lead to, to quote Half-life characters now, Unforeseen Consequences.

I primarily wonder what makes the person an insider but totally regardless of that fact, the best approach is to always provide (or look for one if you are searching) a quote from CDPR staff. The rest can lead to hearsay or assumptions and remain unclear, potentially.

TL; DR: Be conscious of your wording or narrative you set out and how others could react to it at times. Also verify your sh*t and don't take everything at face value.

Oh great an other BS rumor (n)

I love this mission , i would like the chance to save the guy in the bath with Sandra Dorsett and i would like Sandra to come back later in the game to thank V for saving her ( maybe a love interest )

Don't trust and answer to immessingaround, he is just trying to make us hate the game because he can't accept that cutscenes are not in tpp.

I'm trying to get people to boycott the game now. I'll probably get banned from here but reddit gamefaqs youtube and twitter you can't stop me!!

If that's true (which I doubt) I would be afraid of the reason. Why would they remove it? Could be because some companies don't like tities in face?

I don't want to start that censorship shit again but damn... that wouldn't sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom