"These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" and "Spellbound": When Do They Start?

+
Hey all!

So I just completed Ghost Town and I know there are a few quests that are supposed to spawn; the ones I am most concerned with are "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" (I'm a Nomad) and "Spellbound". Now, I've tried waiting around for about a week in-game and neither of these quests have spawned. Is this a bug or are these quests the sort that will spawn randomly sometime after doing "Ghost Town" and simply waiting around to force them to start won't achieve anything?

Thanks!

These Boots Are Made For Walkin :
Just doing some other things, you should receive a message at one moment ;)
Waiting (skip time or sleep) in game won't help at all.
(the same for the "free" Caliburn quest, just doing other things, it will spawn)

Spellbound:
If you already have complete a lot of GIGs (or all) in Watson, try to read all the shards in your inventory (it often launch the quest for me). But like for the previous quest, simply "waiting" (skip time) don't trigger the quest.
Post automatically merged:

EDIT :
I often do it after completing "Kold Mirage" (almost always)
This side job can be started during the Gig: Many Ways to Skin a Cat with a Street Cred of 37, or after completing the Spellbound job for Nix, if you decrypted the shard from that quest, you'll automatically get this one after Spellbound finishes. Otherwise, you'll need to wait for Nix to do so and inform you about it.

Last edited:
I see, thanks for the quick response; my only worry with doing Kold Mirage first is that heading into that area might cause the car for the Nomad quest not to spawn (as I've heard is an issue). Thus far, I've only headed into that area to do the Assault in Progress and the Gig "Sparring Partner".

I'm still yet to find a satisfying trigger for Spellbound, though 9 times out of ten it occurs either right after finishing Kold Mirage, or some time after, usually when I'm driving past the Afterlife.

These Boots - like Kold Mirage - can be finnicky in triggering properly sometimes, they're meant to appear after Ghost Town, but sometimes don't, they can appear randomly sometimes. Some people find a drive all the way to Pacifica and back helps, sometimes waiting 24 hours, saving, then reloading works.

I see, thanks for the quick response; my only worry with doing Kold Mirage first is that heading into that area might cause the car for the Nomad quest not to spawn (as I've heard is an issue). Thus far, I've only headed into that area to do the Assault in Progress and the Gig "Sparring Partner".
Don't worry, by doing some other things (like NCPD Scanner Hustles, GIGs or side quests), you should receive the message ;)
(And yeah, it's a good idea to not go near the "car" before the quest. And also doing the quest right after receiving the message).

These boots..., starts for me but the car isn't there. I've reinstalled, repaired and tried on two different saves.

I did find a fix on reddit about using "Cyber engine tweaks"

Even after patch 1.5, "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" still won't start (car doesn't send mail). Already almost all quests completed.
Devs could you tell me what is this quest's requirement officially?

Devs could you tell me what is this quest's requirement officially?
From what I know, it only requiered to complete Ghost Town (and maybe Life During Wartime).
But if you want an "official" answer, the only way I suppose, is to contact directly the support.

Top Bottom