They did Evelyn Dirty [Spoilers]

+
It's the second hint in the story that everything V does is done in vain.

Weird, because they live in two possibly three endings and leave a mammoth mark on Night City either way.
Post automatically merged:

He meant that she got what she deserves for being a greedy smart-ass

Hard to blame her for betraying the VB when they planned to kill her from the beginning.

i dont like how they treated Meredith Stout and Jenkins

I have actually completely ignored her both playthroughs so far (on third) I just don't like anything about her appearance, and no logical point to involving her when I can handle the retrieval myself . and " fling" to me is not appealing either,.

I have actually completely ignored her both playthroughs so far (on third) I just don't like anything about her appearance, and no logical point to involving her when I can handle the retrieval myself . and " fling" to me is not appealing either,.

because she had 3 minutes of showcase. But in trailer i thought we gonna clash with her multiple times. I wanted to do her missions or compete with her until she had meltdown

Evelyn is easily the character I cared most about.

I killed the Voodoo Boys and wiped out Clouds on her behalf.

I really wanted more from her.

Also, Trauma Team FLAT OUT has a method for wiping PTSD and horrifying memories from your brain. You should have been able to shell out 20K or however many eddies you need to save her.

I agree whole heartedly. I posted a rant in another thread about it.

Wow, I expected some closure but the character was just killed off. WTF?
A lot of good characters get killed off since they're no longer needed. What happened? Even Witcher games didn't have such issue.
There should have been at least a secret way to keep character alive, maybe dependent on your LivePath to have that play some part.

For example, when you receive the phone call from Judy, you have 30 minutes in game time to arrive to the scene, Then you need Technical Ability at 18, Intelligence at 18 and be a corpo for example. Also reading a datashard on surgery beforehand, like in Witcher 1 you needed to read the book about Zerrikanian Insects to succesfuly complete an autopsy. Same could have been done here. Read a datashard on surgery, high technical and intelligence to perform field surgery, corpo because he saw a field surgeon do surgery in Mexican incident. In terms of story, you it'll allow some relationship with Evelyn and Judy. Maybe even serve as a perquisite for romance for Male V.
Maybe even have Evelyn have some brain damage due to lack of oxygen for some time, so she requires monitoring and allows Judy to call you to look after Evelyn while she's away.

This secret or tough solutions could be also applied to Dex, T-bug and Jackie. Jackie for example would require high body and technical ability, would reward players who did side missions first to level up, to apply the tourniquet to his torso, it will have a side affect of you needing to carry Jackie as his legs would become numb with no blood flow. So it'll be extra tough for you to complete.

Sorry for the rant but it feels like lots of character just tossed aside for no improvement in storytelling.
I didn't have a particular problem with the death of either Jackie or Evelyn or Takamura for that matter.
Jackie's death was first and foremost believable, also in how it was presented. The only thing maybe is that he was alive as long as the car was driving, what would've made it more impactful is if that happened while driving. Now it felt almost like a "I can still save him" moment, but even so, it was ok. I also like how it transformed a bit in the sole motivator for V to do what she needed to do, safe herself, survive. One of the mission descriptions said something like that also: "survive and consider my last wish fulfilled" (clearly Jackie's final wish :) ) ... (well... we know... but lets not go there)
Btw: What I liked about the missions descriptions is that they were told in Jackie's view in the beginning, when that changed to become Johnny I was a little out of that though... I liked Jackie's upbeat spirit and way of talking a bit better.

Evelyn's death, albeit it being offscreen, also didn't feel like an unnatural occurence. She played a dangerous game with dangerous people and regretfully overplayed her hand. And as has become evident, in the world of Cyberpunk, where you can literally have your mind destroyed it was a very dark and gritty fate for her. But ot one that struck me as unbelievable or even out of place. The only point of critisism I could have is that it happened so quickly after you found her, and that she was comatose by then already. its not like there was anything that could be done, and I am glad they didn't bring in the Rey-healing powers for this. Evelyn was a well written tragic figure with a dark end. And that emotional payoff was quite strong, imo also becasue of Judy's reaction in the aftermath. When we went for Clouds on both accounts it truy felt like a good old fashioned revenge trip, and one can adress it to Evelyn.

So as far as killed off characters goes in this game. I've seen far worse handled situations. I thought this game was believable in the ddeaths of semi-important charcters.

why they got rid off Meredith Stout ?
Huh interesting. I only ever met her once under a bridge I believe.
After that never ever again.

Last edited:
If Cyberpunk 2077 was a TV series, I'm pretty sure Evelyn dying would translate to some suit not really liking her actor/actress.

I wonder if it was something similar here, some suit in CDPR not liking the character or something?

I actually like it how they handled some of these character stories. It's realistic. In reality people die, no matter what you do, you can't prevent it and have to learn to live with it.

Please, don't go there.

Don't argue with "it's realistic", not in a larger than life videogame.

Just don't.

Top Bottom