they should bring back the story events from the closed beta!

+
one of the most kickass features gwent has had (and is now missing) are the story events. basically they were limited time puzzles with a story, progressing along like a quest where for example geralt would hunt a phoenix. the puzzle would get more complicated as the story went along.

it was short but extremely neat and crafted with care. it had a simple beginning, middle and end - often with some small twist. production value was high and everyone would be awarded with cosmetics and an avatar leader with unique voice lines.

i suspect these events were a prelude to the planned gwent story mode before that turned into a standalone game (thronebreaker).

anyway, they were available to everyone and were really genuine and fun. you can tell the developers had a lot of fun making them. it would be amazing if these were re-integrated into the game as seasonal events or journey additions, maybe even as replacements for the short stories that come with the journey.

Attachments

• Skärmbild (202).png
    Skärmbild (202).png
    568 KB · Views: 75
I remember that Halloween event where you had to defend a village against vampires and bloodcoholic Regis was the final boss. Man, that event was awesome!

The events were way too much work for something players completed in no time at all, they said. I doubt that's changed.

But while I don't think they'll come back I do agree they were awesome and certainly wouldn't mind seeing them return.

The Saovine event was really fun indeed. Ale Festival was too much about "buff as much as you can" to my liking, but the theme and story were still great there as well.

DRK3

Forum veteran
True, i also liked them, and even use the Phoenix avatar sometimes, its one of my favourites. But the devs explicitly said they wouldnt be doing them anymore, in a way Thronebreaker had that same type of puzzle play.

Btw, you can thank my OCD, for keeping detailed, organized files of everything Gwent, i was able to find these, of the other 2 events:

gwent Mahakam Ale Festive Starts.jpg

gwent saovine event.jpg

Top Bottom