Thin decks make for boring strategies

+
Thin decks make for boring strategies

Just had a match where someone only relied on Redanian Elites. Brought them back with revives and pull them from the deck, Foltest copy too. So boring, i didnt even bother playing another match afterwards. And yes, i won that match because my opponent played all those cards and was finished by round 3. Please increase the base card number in decks.

That's basically what's being discussed here. Though I did had a difference approach, they lead to the same thing.

Sounds like your opponent just had a crappy deck and was bad at tactics. It's not like any change of card limit could fix it significantly.

Some decks can have a few cards more and still be ok, with enough draw cards and deck thinning.

But increasing base card number equals increasing the influence of RNG and that's not a good thing.

Laveley;n7254550 said:
If cdpr increase the minimum number of cards on the decks, i probably will stop playing this game.

Because you use limited strategies? And why would a increased number of cards make you quit? Right now people dont think when making decks, they just use the next best strategy anyone else uses and use the 25 card minimum to draw their entire deck.

DirkAustin;n7255080 said:
Because you use limited strategies? And why would a increased number of cards make you quit? Right now people dont think when making decks, they just use the next best strategy anyone else uses and use the 25 card minimum to draw their entire deck

Because it would severely increase the rng and make this game sux as hearthstone. There are other ways to improve variability; mainly printing new cards and properly balance the game without straight up killing strong or over the top strategies.

I'm not seeing how having more cards in your draw pool equates to more strategic. Strategy is just a plan or guide on how to achieve a goal. The 2 things aren't directly related. There may be a bit more variety in what you draw depending on your deck or as said above its less predictable, more random. But that would make most strategies more difficult because you can't predict what you will get as reliably.

I'm not necessarily against increasing the minimum deck size, but your argument as to why doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom