Things I and most likely someone else didn't ask to have

+
Things I and most likely someone else didn't ask to have

First things first, I really love this game. I think you CDPR have done really great job making best RPG game up to date. I have already invested about 40+ hours in game and I am only lvl6. I take my sweet time playing it. Don’t want to rush through, I love to explore a lot :)
But here comes a problem. The released game was version 1.02. Even so a lot of people was disappointed about graphics (downgrade or not) I really could care less if there was anything downgraded or not because for me games graphics was good enough. Mostly I was satisfied also with performance of the game. I play on 1080p with all on Ultra except foliage distance and grass density. Well of course Hairworks is Off because I want to enjoy my almost constant perfect 60 fps with adaptive vsync turned On in nVidia control panel. I played for about 20 hours without any problems (except I don’t like subpar 30 fps prerendered cutscenes that have some minor stutters).
But then you released patch 1.03. I understand, bugs/glitches need to be fixed. I understand someone have also performance problems and you tweak performance more and I understand that for those who didn’t like how something looks you try to bring back some better graphics quality. But here I have a problem after all this. Why the hell you in this process ruin things for those who didn’t have any problems.
Here are a few things I noticed:
1) For some reason patches introduced NPC and some other thing spawn popin almost next to my Geralt. Before patching I have never seen things like I’m riding my horse through village and NPC pops in almost next to me, a few feets in front of me. OK, at first I thought it just one time something went wrong but now after 10 more hours I see it almost in every place.
2) I understand someone ask you to bring more fidelity on grass textures and some other things. 1.04 patch gave that but there is one problem. Why the hell you link negative TextureMipBias to Texture quality presets. I don’t like -1 preset but I want Ultra texture quality. For me, yes if I stand still it looks great with all that sharpness but when you move, that shimmering is really distracting. Yes, I know you can edit ini file to change it but why not to make TextureMipBias as separate slider under Texture quality so that anyone who wants that extra sharpness can choose to do it but for everyone else who do not want that can stay with prepatch 1.04 textures and texturemipbias.
3) On more thing, what a hell is going on with prerendered cutscenes? Why when I choose to play with 60 fps I get 30 fps cutscene. It would be ok if it was actually 30 fps but for some reason it is something 28-29 (and some people even say that they have sometimes even 19 or less fps) and those cutscenes even have some minor stutters. Did we asked for that Ubisoft’s crap PR 30 fps cinematic feeling bullshit?

In the end after all this what I wanted to say is that please do fixes but please try not to ruin experience for those who are satisfied and didn’t have problems. I don’t like that you do performance tweaks that introduce things like npc popins and so on or lowers graphics. Also if you want to appeal to those who think graphics is not on par you promised and change things like texturemipbias then make it optional as new slider under graphics menu so that you don’t ruin things for those who do not want that.
Please CDPR, I love your game, I have always supported yo. I have bought 3 times your first game (gog version, steam version and I even bought retail Extended edition for extras) and I have bought 2 times your second game (gog and steam version) and now I bought witcher 3 on gog and already have preordered expansions. As you can see I really love your games and I wish you success in future with Cyberpunk game but cmon, step up a little bit and when you fix something, think about those who didn’t want some things to be changed. If you choose to tweak something or to make something for those who ask that, give us option not to use it.
And no, not to install 1.03 or 1.04 patch is not an option because they fix also things like some broken quests.

Last edited:
Yeah, they definitely need to add a separate "Advanced Settings" for all of the things that can be tweaked so we can actually choose how stuff looks and runs without having to screw around with config files.

A nice way to do it could be a button to "expand" basic settings with sub-sliders, so you'd have a Texture slider, and then all of the related ones under it, same for shadows, foliage, everything. It would be pretty great, and should be extremely simple to implement.

Top Bottom