Things I wish this game had (But most likely never will have)

+
I'm sure many of us have made this thread at some point. Anyhow..

1. Somewhat simple economy. While it would be weird to add economy to the game so late in it's development it is still a thing I wish it had. The fact that V gets a notice about delayed rent and nothing is done about it really speaks that the game was supposed to have it. Moreover all the apartment doors have either "rent paid" or "days before you got to pay your rent". Storywise I get that it would be dumb, if you have something you have to go inside the apartment or a cutscene takes you there, but you have been kicked out of the apartment. But now that we have apartments to BUY, if the game had the function to "rent out" your purchased apartments, you'd have a stable income making it possible to have money to pay rent yourself. But obviously it doesn't make any sense to have this if you can just avoid paying rent all together. But also on top of all this, to avoid you not losing your main apartment and considering economy, you could just take either a loan or your €$ would just go -500 if you didn't have the money to pay for it. But the game would need an additional way to get money, as said by renting apartments yourself, but before you get to that point in the game you should have other stable way for income. Which leads me to..

2. Some quick and easy repeatable jobs. Similar to how GTA had phonecalls. There should be a point where you can register to a delivery service via your PC and once you've done that you start getting delivery tasks. Just some quick and easy pick-up item and deliver it from point A to B for a constant flow of cash. Or another one would be the fixing things. There's so many electronical devices in the world that it would be fun to get some phonecalls to go fix a broken antenna or a tv and a third option would be pickpocketing. And all these 3 options could be tied to your characters beginning. Nomad would do fixing, Corpo would do deliveries and Streetkid would do pickpocketing without the need to have specific stats. But to start doing deliveries as a street kid you would have to gain a specific perk.

(The thing I've heard about money in CP2077 is that once you've done literally everything, every side mission, every crime call etc. It is extremely difficult to get money outside of going raiding in Pacifica, killing everyone and selling their guns. Obviously exploits still exist, like upgrading sniper rifle and selling that for profit, but not everyone likes to exploit exploits.)

3. eShop for clothing. I know this was already a mod on PC, but it was a bit too overpowered. I would like to have a shop I can check from V's PC just to browse clothing that is currently available at the vendors. It would show each vendors shop and I could just see what they have available and would have to actually go and buy them myself. Nothing is as frustrating as going to a street vendor and seeing they don't have the thing you wanted. Now a dream would be to have a delivery option. Not just an instant buy and you have it, but a scripted event where it actually takes 2-3 days for the item to arrive at your doorstep. This way you could buy things that are not on stock, but are known to be available at certain vendors.

4. DELAMAIN as an actual Taxi service. Even though you never really lose your transport if you know where to look for a new one for free, for beginners t is somewhat bothersome that once you lose your first car in an accident with a rogue AI taxi, that it just completely leaves you with either fast travel or walk. We know that DELAMAIN has more taxi's at their disposal. But I'm sure someone here will have a story reason why that's not possible or would be weird. Still, having a taxi to take me from A to B if I so chose would be nice for immersion.

5. Obvious, but the train system would be cool to get. It's already a somewhat functional mod and it just adds such a great level of immersion.

6. Flashlight. Obvious and while there isn't many situations where you would need a flashlight, it's still odd that of all the things V has at their disposal they can't muster a flashlight.

7. All food vendors would have 3 sets of meals that trigger an actual cutscene where V eats the meal and get's a pretty decent 6-12hour buff on health and stamina by doing so. IT would add so much to the game, cause currently eating some dry noodles from your inventory is exactly as dumb as it sounds. Heck you could make it so that you gain a TEMPORARY boost to your Body, Cool, Intelligence, Reflexes or Technical Ability. Allowing you to have some dialogue options without gaining the point permanently. This would ONLY effect dialogue options and NOT allow you to spend a point in an actual perk beforehand.

These are just SOME of my thoughts on how to make the game a bit more immersive.

1. Somewhat simple economy. While it would be weird to add economy to the game so late in it's development it is still a thing I wish it had. The fact that V gets a notice about delayed rent and nothing is done about it really speaks that the game was supposed to have it. Moreover all the apartment doors have either "rent paid" or "days before you got to pay your rent". Storywise I get that it would be dumb, if you have something you have to go inside the apartment or a cutscene takes you there, but you have been kicked out of the apartment. But now that we have apartments to BUY, if the game had the function to "rent out" your purchased apartments, you'd have a stable income making it possible to have money to pay rent yourself. But obviously it doesn't make any sense to have this if you can just avoid paying rent all together. But also on top of all this, to avoid you not losing your main apartment and considering economy, you could just take either a loan or your €$ would just go -500 if you didn't have the money to pay for it. But the game would need an additional way to get money, as said by renting apartments yourself, but before you get to that point in the game you should have other stable way for income. Which leads me to..
this is...useless , this is not that type of game , it's just busy work like paying taxes , it doesn't make the game more fun, it doesn't really make sense to add this.
2. Some quick and easy repeatable jobs. Similar to how GTA had phonecalls. There should be a point where you can register to a delivery service via your PC and once you've done that you start getting delivery tasks. Just some quick and easy pick-up item and deliver it from point A to B for a constant flow of cash. Or another one would be the fixing things. There's so many electronical devices in the world that it would be fun to get some phonecalls to go fix a broken antenna or a tv and a third option would be pickpocketing. And all these 3 options could be tied to your characters beginning. Nomad would do fixing, Corpo would do deliveries and Streetkid would do pickpocketing without the need to have specific stats. But to start doing deliveries as a street kid you would have to gain a specific perk.
this is a finite game , you get some money , you can buy some stuff you want and you finish the story, that's it.
having repeatable jobs would dilute the quality of the game more than gigs already did.
if they want us to have the opportunity to make more money , maybe modify the already existing gigs and give us more for doing bonus objectives or challenges (pick up a certain guarded/hard to reach item , kill a specific NPC , complete it in a certain way , complete under x minutes, etc. ) then again there are 80+ gigs , it's hard to overhaul them that way.
maybe give us the option to CHOOSE to replay gigs and keep the money.
3. eShop for clothing. I know this was already a mod on PC, but it was a bit too overpowered. I would like to have a shop I can check from V's PC just to browse clothing that is currently available at the vendors. It would show each vendors shop and I could just see what they have available and would have to actually go and buy them myself. Nothing is as frustrating as going to a street vendor and seeing they don't have the thing you wanted.
Agreed ! we really should the option to do that.
Now a dream would be to have a delivery option. Not just an instant buy and you have it, but a scripted event where it actually takes 2-3 days for the item to arrive at your doorstep. This way you could buy things that are not on stock, but are known to be available at certain vendors.
but I think this is too inconvenient.
4. DELAMAIN as an actual Taxi service. Even though you never really lose your transport if you know where to look for a new one for free, for beginners t is somewhat bothersome that once you lose your first car in an accident with a rogue AI taxi, that it just completely leaves you with either fast travel or walk. We know that DELAMAIN has more taxi's at their disposal. But I'm sure someone here will have a story reason why that's not possible or would be weird. Still, having a taxi to take me from A to B if I so chose would be nice for immersion.

I mean , you can literally own one of his cars , I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to at least call it and have IT take you where you want , like the taxis in GTA.

5. Obvious, but the train system would be cool to get. It's already a somewhat functional mod and it just adds such a great level of immersion.
everyone wants this , the devs confirmed it's not coming tho :(

6. Flashlight. Obvious and while there isn't many situations where you would need a flashlight, it's still odd that of all the things V has at their disposal they can't muster a flashlight.
it may seem like a an easy to add feature but I just think this would be way too inconvenient for the devs to actually add this for how little it would actually add to the game.
7. All food vendors would have 3 sets of meals that trigger an actual cutscene where V eats the meal and get's a pretty decent 6-12hour buff on health and stamina by doing so. IT would add so much to the game, cause currently eating some dry noodles from your inventory is exactly as dumb as it sounds. Heck you could make it so that you gain a TEMPORARY boost to your Body, Cool, Intelligence, Reflexes or Technical Ability. Allowing you to have some dialogue options without gaining the point permanently. This would ONLY effect dialogue options and NOT allow you to spend a point in an actual perk beforehand.
Based.
also we should get the option to actually drink at bars , there are sooooo many instances of us drinking in a cutscene for this not to be added.

1. Not a good idea. We don't need chores in games. We need self-expression and choice.
2. Repeatable jobs is a decent idea, considering overall game design of CP77.
3. eShop is a good idea, but delay in delivery will feel frustrating. Again, it's an attempt at pointless realism. It's not fun gameplay-wise. You will just fast-forward time and get it almost instantly. Why force this micro-management?
4. Neither for or against. Isn't really relevant to me.
5. I don't know why people obsess with it, feels like a pointless waste of dev. resources... I mean, if there was anything interesting happened in these train systems outside being another piece of decoration.
6. Never really felt like I need one.
7. Yeah, eating in restaurants with meaningful animation is something I wanted from beginning. With useful lengthy buffs to something. Stamina, etc. Immersion + gameplay = awesome.

The main issue with the train service is that people seem to want it as a way to have nice views of the city. Which means you would have to sit through the journey. And that would no doubt be fun as a novelty, but as a means of transport it's useless.

You would have to follow the above ground lines wherever they go through every station. Which probably bears no relation to where you want to go. Underground, all the stations would have to be designed. And the trains don't go all the way out. So, if its not supposed to be a tourist ride, you'd have to add a bus system as well.

Basically, unless you make it purely fun like the roller-coaster going between a couple of stations, in which case it would feel like a cheat, it's a huge amount of work for something that people might use two or three times and then never touch again. Before release, that might have been worth doing. But after release there must be so many other things they want to do that are higher priority and bring more pervasive changes to gameplay.

I'm also not clear computationally how much of a load it would put on, most obviously, the PS4. Features that bring not much to the table for most players need not to be eating up processing resources from better stuff.

Last edited:
(Note* Hopefully nobody takes this as me bashing the game for not having these things thats not what im getting at at all, Cyberpunk is and will always be one of if not my favorite game and despite the backlash it has received ive been in love with it and admire the work and passion that was put and that continues to be put in it even at launch) Anyways It would have been cool if the picture mode was kinda like assassins creed where we could take a picture and any random person or anyone on your friends list could see the screenshot and like or dislike it, I rarely take screenshots sadly because my clip space is running very low lol which is tough because cyberpunk truly does have my favorite environment and just atmosphere I guess... especially when it is raining.
Post automatically merged:

Car customization would have been nice, even if it was only a few cosmetic modifications.

SPOILER ALERT...............................
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT🤣

It would have been cool if v was able to call or message Jackie, Evelyn, or anyone else lost along the way even though they are gone it would have been cool if v coulda sent a message like "I miss you" or something lololol...

Being able to change the appearance of a item that has the stats you want to the appearance of something else you like more would be nice, or at least be able to "hide" certain pieces of clothing...especially head pieces.

Last edited:
Not an issue anymore with 1.5 if you can ride a bike. (make sure to accept certain gift, delivered literally to V's door step).

Not an issue anymore with 1.5 if you can ride a bike. (make sure to accept certain gift, delivered literally to V's door step).
Could you plaster a spoiler marker over it and explain? Very curious! Edit: Actually, I don't think you're talking about an auto drive!

Could you plaster a spoiler marker over it and explain? Very curious! Edit: Actually, I don't think you're talking about an auto drive!
V get's message from Mama Welles about a gift after Heist. Gift is the key to Jackie's Arch as soon V gets a key Jackie's Arch is V's vehicles list.

V get's message from Mama Welles about a gift after Heist. Gift is the key to Jackie's Arch as soon V gets a key Jackie's Arch is V's vehicles list.
Not every one can have it right next to the apartment door :)
(for me, never in any case... I perfer to go at the offrenda^^)
In any case, I'm not against taxi, because I'll no longer have to steal a car to go see Mama Wells (the only car that I steal during the whole game). But in view of the "driving AI", in this state, unlikely.

Not every one can have it right next to the apartment door :)
(for me, never in any case... I perfer to go at the offrenda^^)
Oh, I see. I didn't knew that was the case.
In any case, I'm not against taxi, because I'll no longer have to steal a car to go see Mama Wells (the only car that I steal during the whole game) :)
You know all this talk about metro and what I always thought was the best suggestion though very difficult to implement. Working taxi so player could spend a moment to take the Night City in. Train is like they say in the UK the tube, also in game design perspective but taxi player could take would be something quite different.

I don't think I have skipped a ride where V is a passenger but once. While we have played game through several times, it's if you are a new player and starting to get what it is all about and watching the Night City in while some NPC is driving, that can be quite a moment you know?

Anyway, not going to happen but... my overall position to suggestion doesn't change. What is that thing RPG guys say? Choice and consequence? :p

It's a very cool quest ;)
Only if you say to Delamain that Jackie have to be with his family. Mama Wells give you the key after the offrenda.
It actually was that way even if you didn't send do certain things back when game version was whatever. That happened to me even if I did... I have always done because certain faction, would go after... Perks from reading those Cyberpunk novels back in the day.

But really, taxi isn't likely to happen, even though it's a good suggestion now after reading your posts. So for OP, sorry but steal a car for a while.

Top Bottom