Things I'd like to see in the next Cyberpunk 2077 game ^_^

+
Alright, I know this is REALLY early, but I'm thinking about things that aren't going to be in this game, but I would love to see.
This game, like most, heavily revolves around combat. I would like to see some other aspects rise in RPGs as well. Pretty benign things for most people I'd imagine.
So you know how you level ups weapon proficiency by using weapons. I would like to see this, but with other non-combat skills. Such as Dancing and singing. As much as I did not like the FF 7 Remake (as an original FF7 fan) the dance sequence with cloud with pretty cool. Leveling up your dancing and pulling off cool dance moves when you're not out raising hell is something I'd love. Going from a crappy singer at a Karaoke bar to an awesome singer would be cool. Becoming a poor cook to a great cook is cool.

I know one RP aspect that most people love is "Romance" well, mixing in some of these hobbies in would be great for the romance scene impress that person you're after with your smooth dance moves or rockin' vocals, or delicious culinary expertise. Alternatively if you're someone interested in having a one night stand pull off one of these techniques and reel in the fish!

This would add an extra layer of depth to the game that I would love. Giving the protagonist a bit of a life outside of questing.

My dude we don’t even know what’s all in this game. Chill.

:disapprove: Seriously you think these things are gonna be in this game? I've done a LOT of following and there has not even been a hint of it. As for Chill. That's uncalled for. One can post about ones thoughts and ideas freely here. So chill it on the criticism.

:disapprove: Seriously you think these things are gonna be in this game?

Actually no. I don’t think these things will be in this game, or any cyberpunk game that CDPR releases. They’re detrimental to the core experience. V is a mercenary, not a dancer. I don’t see why CDPR should waste resources on “dancing and singing levels”.

there’s plenty that CDPR will need to focus on and refine in this universe. I’d rather see thatget done than the addition of superfluous DDR sims.

Uhh.. No thanks. I don't want to learn to do the salsa to impress some npc in a cyberpunk game. Or any game.

I don't think that add to the experience at all. - it's not a dating sim.

And I think pointles bloat mechanics like this actually detract from the overall experience.

Also, like others said play this game before starting a convo on what you want to see in the next one

Last edited:
Somewhere a modder is going hmmm. <3 Just like Fallout 4 for example, I am sure someone will mod in extra dances. I will admit your request sounds like my old entertainer character from Star Wars Galaxies.

Actually no. I don’t think these things will be in this game, or any cyberpunk game that CDPR releases. They’re detrimental to the core experience. V is a mercenary, not a dancer. I don’t see why CDPR should waste resources on “dancing and singing levels”.

there’s plenty that CDPR will need to focus on and refine in this universe. I’d rather see thatget done than the addition of superfluous DDR sims.

What if C2078 wasn't about V, and that one of the new background was Rockerboy (or that V simply doesn't stay a mercenary)? :shrug:
How would an "RPG system = no fun" player would make a concert?

What if C2078 wasn't about V, and that one of the new background was Rockerboy (or that V simply doesn't stay a mercenary)? :shrug:

Simple answer - that won't happen. The next cp isn't going to be about a rocker boy where one of the things you have to do is set up a a concert and train your dance moves guitar playing and singing

Also, training up your dancing and singing isn't an "rpg" mechanic/system

Last edited:

considering that a pnp to video game transition isn’t perfect, I’d say CDPR wouldn’t even attempt to make a rockerboy centric game. Doubly so considering the“non combat” roles were removed as options for V to choose from.

Not to mention that combat gameplay sells so much better than anything else, I don’t think CDPR would take the financial risk, especially with the precedent that CP2077 will set. It strays too far away from what the casual players expect. And in the end, it’s the casual players that sell games.

Star Wars Galaxies had an entire Class based on this. You could give temp buffs to all the other classes. It was a huge social event.

LOL I too found that comment "dancing and singing isn't an "rpg" mechanic/system" ridiculous. Yes, even in cyberpunk 2020 one can be a rockerboy. I am not suggesting they make a game revolving around a rockerboy, media, or corporate. I'm suggesting they have non-combat skill progression. Some people may enjoy going guns blazing all day every day, but some of us enjoy the less violent aspects of RPGs. I would love to get through a quest using seduction and manipulation rather than shooting everyone or even sneaking around. So I would love to see these sorts of soft skills in RPGs as they are genuine role playing mechanics.

Star Wars Galaxies had an entire Class based on this. You could give temp buffs to all the other classes. It was a huge social event.

So? Like first of all, thats an online game.
Post automatically merged:

LOL I too found that comment "dancing and singing isn't an "rpg" mechanic/system" ridiculous. Yes, even in cyberpunk 2020 one can be a rockerboy. I am not suggesting they make a game revolving around a rockerboy, media, or corporate. I'm suggesting they have non-combat skill progression. Some people may enjoy going guns blazing all day every day, but some of us enjoy the less violent aspects of RPGs. I would love to get through a quest using seduction and manipulation rather than shooting everyone or even sneaking around. So I would love to see these sorts of soft skills in RPGs as they are genuine role playing mechanics.

Yeah, pnp games had unlimited freedom with what you can do. getting better at dancing isnt an rpg mechanic.

In the next Cyberpunk game I'll want to make a time travel to go to the space in 70's, make an alien friend, and ride a cyber spacial T Rex to find an ancient wise divinity that'll teach me to conquer the universe by selling me a magic manual to win all intergalatic wars to come. So in 2077 Arasaka president would be my underboss, comanding Night City for me, while me and V (which would be my clone made by the cells that I put in cryogenic stasis in 1977) will go to some vacation somewhere in the Bahamas.

All the other stuff I pretend to do in Cyberpunk 2077.

I think that is something modders would do. I don't really see it becoming a thing in this universe though. "SAMURAI we have city to burn", sure let me just sing this song first.

A completely new vision on gameplay that doesn’t rely on current norms of the game ”needing” to be an action game at heart regardless of the used perspective, and that also has room for other avenues of skills and stats that aren’t among the basic setup (combat and all that comes with it, hacking, lockpicking, sneaking, bartering).

Shouldn't this be titled "What do you want to see in future patches and DLC (free or otherwise)?".

So you want to play as Priss from Bubblegum Crisis? :smart: /jk

It should be titled "things you want to see in *this* cyberpunk 2077 game since we dont know whats in it

Top Bottom