Things I'd like to see in the next Cyberpunk 2077 game ^_^

+
Nemo1117 said:
Shouldn't this be titled "What do you want to see in future patches and DLC (free or otherwise)?".

It should be titled "things you want to see in *this* cyberpunk 2077 game since we dont know whats in it
So no and no.

Because no it wouldn't make sense to add core features like non-combat skills in patches or DLC and no because we do have a good idea of what's all in the game. Perhaps "you" don't know, but "we" do know.

Also @Ligazetom ""SAMURAI we have city to burn", sure let me just sing this song first."

This literally reminded me of Fallout 4. How often are you doing things other than trying to find your missing son?
Even aside from that Johnny is a moron and I couldn't care less about what he wants to do.
Finally aside from that when I role play a character I don't roleplay them as a monochromatic character. They have personality, they do things simply because they enjoy them. They aren't built for the sole purpose of being a hero. If I were to listen to the critics here then things like Romance would be completely pointless. Also you can take sex completely out of the game because apparently that's not an "RPG Mechanic"

Try to stick to the topic instead of arguing about who knows what.
The latter won't lead to anything good, so if you're only posting to say such things then don't post at all. One post deleted.

Alright, I know this is REALLY early, but I'm thinking about things that aren't going to be in this game, but I would love to see.
This game, like most, heavily revolves around combat. I would like to see some other aspects rise in RPGs as well. Pretty benign things for most people I'd imagine.
So you know how you level ups weapon proficiency by using weapons. I would like to see this, but with other non-combat skills. Such as Dancing and singing. As much as I did not like the FF 7 Remake (as an original FF7 fan) the dance sequence with cloud with pretty cool. Leveling up your dancing and pulling off cool dance moves when you're not out raising hell is something I'd love. Going from a crappy singer at a Karaoke bar to an awesome singer would be cool. Becoming a poor cook to a great cook is cool.

I know one RP aspect that most people love is "Romance" well, mixing in some of these hobbies in would be great for the romance scene impress that person you're after with your smooth dance moves or rockin' vocals, or delicious culinary expertise. Alternatively if you're someone interested in having a one night stand pull off one of these techniques and reel in the fish!

This would add an extra layer of depth to the game that I would love. Giving the protagonist a bit of a life outside of questing.
I like your idea, but The Sims is your game for sure :LOL:

I like your idea, but The Sims is your game for sure :LOL:

The Sims is a good game series, many RPGs can learn from The Sims. The Sims is all about simulating everyday life. Which is a good element to have. However, we play games like Cyberpunk for the adventure aspect. However, the two do not need to be isolated. We have seen this in many ways, and all that I know of have benefited RPG adventure games.

As I mentioned before. People like Romance in RPAGs. A core aspect of a life sim. People like "jobs" in RPAGs (As an example the Persona Series), A core aspect of life sims, people like mini-games such as dancing in RPAGs (such as in Brave Fencer Musashi), card games (gwent, poker, ect...), arcade games (fallout), and many more aspects that one might find in life sims.

So these notions that things such as singing and dancing have no place in RPGs are absurd on their face. It only shows a lack of imagination and creativity.

Shame he'd probably be dead after 2077 :(
I'd say that's incredibly presumptuous. Given all that Adam has survived, and given his prominence as a villain, I find it very unlikely that Adam will be dying in this game. V will almost surely fight Adam, maybe even beat Adam, but kill Adam. Not likely.

The Sims is a good game series, many RPGs can learn from The Sims. The Sims is all about simulating everyday life. Which is a good element to have. However, we play games like Cyberpunk for the adventure aspect. However, the two do not need to be isolated. We have seen this in many ways, and all that I know of have benefited RPG adventure games.

As I mentioned before. People like Romance in RPAGs. A core aspect of a life sim. People like "jobs" in RPAGs (As an example the Persona Series), A core aspect of life sims, people like mini-games such as dancing in RPAGs (such as in Brave Fencer Musashi), card games (gwent, poker, ect...), arcade games (fallout), and many more aspects that one might find in life sims.

So these notions that things such as singing and dancing have no place in RPGs are absurd on their face. It only shows a lack of imagination and creativity.

I would personally prefer they stay isolated. I don't think Rpg's need to be "everyday life simulators"

Sure, it's cool when in cyberpunk you can go to the bar and have a drink and what not as part of immersion, but I don't think Rpg's need to be simulators, at least definitely not this game. - or "the next one"

Because to make a great, in depth rpg I don't need my character to need to use the bathroom once a day. Which is why in against something like learning to dance. That would be great for silly games or dating sims but in a game like this it's bloat.

I would personally prefer they stay isolated. I don't think Rpg's need to be "everyday life simulators"

Sure, it's cool when in cyberpunk you can go to the bar and have a drink and what not as part of immersion, but I don't think Rpg's need to be simulators, at least definitely not this game. - or "the next one"

Because to make a great, in depth rpg I don't need my character to need to use the bathroom once a day. Which is why in against something like learning to dance. That would be great for silly games or dating sims but in a game like this it's bloat.

So all of what you said here is contradictory. You want to be able to go to a bar and have a drink. So you're requesting a life sim feature. You don't want to have to use the bathroom everyday, and you don't, but you can in CP2077 you can also shower, you don't have to it's a life sim feature. You're saying "keep them isolated, except for the features I want." Which is both extremely short-sighted and selfish. Because you can't imagine liking something you think it's a bad idea. If game devs operated that way you wouldn't get a game like CP2077. You'd get, at best, diablo, you couldn't even have fallout. Not bad games, fairly decent games, but not even close to a game like CP2077

So all of what you said here is contradictory. You want to be able to go to a bar and have a drink. So you're requesting a life sim feature. You don't want to have to use the bathroom everyday, and you don't, but you can in CP2077 you can also shower, you don't have to it's a life sim feature. You're saying "keep them isolated, except for the features I want." Which is both extremely short-sighted and selfish. Because you can't imagine liking something you think it's a bad idea. If game devs operated that way you wouldn't get a game like CP2077. You'd get, at best, diablo, you couldn't even have fallout. Not bad games, fairly decent games, but not even close to a game like CP2077

Not true, I said I think it's "cool" - and what I meant was for players who want to- that you can go have a drink in the game, I don't think it's detrimental to gameplay.

This is so different to adding simulator mechanics, akin to something from the sims

So, I'm not saying "keep isolated except for stuff I want" I'm saying don't turn the game into a life sim but having minor immersive things happen in game is OK.

So, having the option to use the shower, or have a drink is different from having a mechanic were you have to upgrade your dancing skills to romance characters.

Last edited:
But the dancing thing was a social event and way for players to interact.

As an Entertainer in the SWG universe you could pick a faction. I was Imperial. Groups of PVP'ers would ask you to come out to some remote location and buff them. Sure it was social, but if you were flagged, you were also at risk. All elements of a RPG. <3

I see that romance can be a nice part of the game, but only if the relationship between characters are really well written. Nothing more frustrating when the relation between characters are there without any reason at all.

And about dancing and making side activities, you can always play Yakuza 0 (while waiting for Cyberpunk 2077). You can sing, play arcade games, card games, baseball, and so on, TBH it must be the most interactive open world game that I played so far. It has story branching in genres, so there is a serious dramatic story, but a lot of humour too.

A lot of things can be put into Cyberpunk but there are limitations,
  • Has to fit into the game universe
    • dancer/singer is fine
  • Game mechanics have to integrate into the rest of the game
    • not that hard to do, it's a job that pays money, you buy stuff with money
  • Developers need to have time to implement it
    • this is the killer
Everything implemented in the game is at the opportunity cost of implementing something else. This game is going to disappoint people no matter what due to (self-inflicted) lofty expectations everyone is having - not saying it will be a bad game; just that it will never meet our expectations.

I suppose my point is, if you can call it that, welcome to the club of unfulfilled expectations. :giveup:

I see that romance can be a nice part of the game, but only if the relationship between characters are really well written. Nothing more frustrating when the relation between characters are there without any reason at all.

They can always make it purely "mechanical" like 90s dating sims - i.e. meet stats and dialogue choice requirements to "achieve" relationship. :beer:

As for reasons, it's mostly down to preference no? As the old saying goes, "De gustibus non est disputandum."

I've noticed a suspicious lack of Kangaroos in the trailers.. so in the next game i'd like to see more Kangaroos. .. Cyberoos. Maybe even some Cyberoos with cute little Cyberoo babies. Cyberoobies.

Alright, I know this is REALLY early, but I'm thinking about things that aren't going to be in this game, but I would love to see.
This game, like most, heavily revolves around combat. I would like to see some other aspects rise in RPGs as well. Pretty benign things for most people I'd imagine.
So you know how you level ups weapon proficiency by using weapons. I would like to see this, but with other non-combat skills. Such as Dancing and singing. As much as I did not like the FF 7 Remake (as an original FF7 fan) the dance sequence with cloud with pretty cool. Leveling up your dancing and pulling off cool dance moves when you're not out raising hell is something I'd love. Going from a crappy singer at a Karaoke bar to an awesome singer would be cool. Becoming a poor cook to a great cook is cool.

I know one RP aspect that most people love is "Romance" well, mixing in some of these hobbies in would be great for the romance scene impress that person you're after with your smooth dance moves or rockin' vocals, or delicious culinary expertise. Alternatively if you're someone interested in having a one night stand pull off one of these techniques and reel in the fish!

This would add an extra layer of depth to the game that I would love. Giving the protagonist a bit of a life outside

This ain't GTA IV

A completely new vision on gameplay that doesn’t rely on current norms of the game ”needing” to be an action game at heart regardless of the used perspective, and that also has room for other avenues of skills and stats that aren’t among the basic setup (combat and all that comes with it, hacking, lockpicking, sneaking, bartering).

Just read the Cyberpunk wiki entry for Flathead, I died a little inside. :giveup:

The Flathead was intended to be used as a companion for Techies, but as Netrunners and Techies had many overlapping abilities they combined them into one skill tree. Thus it will no longer be a companion for the player

It had such a nice model too.

I think they were going for a "pet class" with Techies. IMHO they should have went with a "army of minions class" instead with a "tower defense" style of gameplay - think Plants and Zombies; there would be less "overlap".

Imagine configuring and positioning multiple flatheads in our environments to help us out (if not do the job for us). From the screenshots and description of its capabilities, it seems to be roughly the correct size with the necessary abilities - wall climbing + camouflage.

How cool would it be if they can be control via a HUD GUI, set to do specific task, prioritize specific targets, hack and control specific parts of the environment … etc. Positioning can be done by just aiming where you want them to be and they will autopath to it - the game can "cheat" and teleport them if pathfinding glitches out if it has to; they are invisible 95% of the time anyway when deployed, no one will notice :whistle:.

Hostage situation with 2 hostages? Maybe you can kill both hostage takers quickly enough with the right argumentations (slow time argumentation?) and decent aiming ... OR ... maneuvering 2 flatheads into position and have them synchronously kill both hostage takers at once.

Heck, I don't even understand why we have "classes". Just have a wide open list of skills / skill trees we can invest in at will. It's OK to have multiple solutions to the same problem.

Sorry had to rant a little.

PS: I talked about tower defense style play in another thread and have heard about the flatheads but I didn't know the specifics until recently.

Top Bottom