Things I'd like to see (in this game or its sequels)...

+
There's a few things I'd really like to see in the game (that very few games have ever done).

For one, I'd love to see a surrender option in combat. Enemies basically surrendering to you (or the player having the chance to do so) when they're clearly outmatched. You could have them drop their weapons and leave, or maybe tie them up to make sure they don't come stab you in the back. And of course, who's to say that when they put their hands up, you don't just take the opportunity to shoot them anyway? Naturally that should build you a rep of being dishonorable which would reduce the chances of surrender in the future (as people figure you'll shoot them anyway).
Maybe also a chance to have people down but not dead. Unconcious or bleeding out enemies that you can patch up and then push for intel, or just demand money for saving their lives. :p

A good theft and consequence system. Something where you could steal/plant items on people to cause reactions. Steal NPC A's item and plant it on NPC B, then watch A accuse B of theft and a fight breaks out. Or planting evidence on someone to set them up.

A good dynamic quest system. I'm all for the handcrafted quests. They're usually of great quality. But it's nice to be able to pick up those random one off quests to just build up money/XP/etc. And just to be able to enjoy the game world more without having to be focused on important story stuff. I spent countless hours in Daggerfall playing the random guild quests and just exploring the world, building myself up, and finding new things to play with.

Depending on which characters appear in this game, I'd like to see more iconic characters from the pen & paper game make cameos.

Johnny Silverhand is in the game and I have seen references to his one time girlfriend, Alt Cunningham (e.x. In one of the trailers, the camera cuts to a poster of a blonde woman with a biomech arm. That's Alt Cunningham.), but no mention of other characters like Spider Murphy, Sheytan, or Adam Smasher.

Nearly every gang and corp represented in the video game is from the p&p, but I'd like to see more of the individuals from the p&p populate the world.

A surrender state is very lame. You break into a building, expecting a decent fight, and then all the goons are just like “nah bro jk jk we give up”

not good game design in my opinion.

I wouldn’t mind damaged state enemies continuing to fight, though.

Procedurally generates quests... oh god no.

I'd love to see a surrender option in combat

IDK.. I only see one use for surrender in "combat", that would be if you hurt someone (or draw your weapon in public) by mistake and you need a way to tell the cop that you're cool (raising arms, etc.), and you don't wanna escalate the violence to a gunfight against them (maybe you could get out of it with a fine, per se).

Well, the surrender bit would definitely be situational.

But look at a game like Kingdom Come: Deliverance. You can have some enemies surrender to you (usually bandits and random schlubs, but sometimes you'd have important characters do so too). You could then choose to kill them anyway, let them go, or make them disarm before leaving. Some you can question and advance quests in that manner, while others are just goons to get out of the way.

It would make sense if you get the drop on someone that you could basically disarm them and either tie them up or basically get them to leave the area.

And while random gangers are likely to kill you, if you surrender to corp guards, they might interrogate you and there could be chances for escape. There could be a system for serving jail time if the cops catch you and you surrender (depending on the crime).

Top Bottom