Things needed to fix crafting.

+
I have been playing this game a lot lately. I honestly enjoy it but at the same time I can't overlook how messed up some things are. My pet peeve is probably crafting. I just did the full 20/20 leveling and almost full set of perks and it is still pretty crap. Here is what I think would help.

- Make specs easier to obtain for specific items. For example by disassembling items with special perk or from certain skill level. It is not fun to circle 5 vendors to see if one has the specific one you want. I am still sinking absurd amount of components into upgrading armor on my uncommon jacket because I never stumbled even onto a rare version nor can I craft one even at level 36.
- For godsakes, rebalance upgrading. It is absurd that upgrading gun by 5 levels consumes enough parts to build 4 new ones.
- MASS CRAFTING. MASS CRAFTING, Who thought it is fun to craft 200 uncommon components to make like 6 epic ones? Seriously. Put slider in there.
- Stop misleading us into disassembling iconic gear with "Crafing specs" that actually require original item.

I repeat that I actually like the game but god, did it need few more months of testing.

Cleaned every single side quest, gig, assault, main mission. Specced 18 crafting. Without using any engine/mod.

Still, by the end of the game after every single quest in the game done and disassembling all purple and below items I got, I only had enough mats to craft and upgrade Satori and Overwatch, and 2 pieces of Johnny's armor.

I didn't even have the $$$ to buy even half the cars available for sale without using the Cyber Engine console tweak.

The game's systems are completely half-baked.

Crafting doesn't even give you complete appearance sets to craft for legendary, just like 2 sets of disparate pieces.

My next playthrough will leave crafting at 14 for the armor and the rest will always go to Cool until they fix Tech tree to not be a pile of garbage if you don't play with tech guns.

Crafting should have been an upgraded version of Fallout 4's crafting system, with specific material requirements for craftable items. e.g. requiring glass and metal and plastic for scopes.

Crafting should have been an upgraded version of Fallout 4's crafting system, with specific material requirements for craftable items. e.g. requiring glass and metal and plastic for scopes.

Secretly I had hoped they had done that when I first heard about crafting being in this game.
I really had expected more than what we got in the 90's for crafting. You see the great crafting in games like Fallout 4, kingdom come deliverance and even the Witcher to a lesser extent. Hyped up to see what is the next stage of game crafting in this latest game but get expectation whip lash once you try the crafting in Cyberpunk.

Now it makes sense why they never really demo the crafting in their marketing!

I see gun parts sometimes left behind in a rack when I remove the gun (Glitch). So maybe at some point they intended it to be like Fallout 4.

Top Bottom