Things that could use some explaining.

+
Things that could use some explaining.

There are things in this game (and most games for that matter), that are funny because of their absurdity. I know this is just a game and I know it won't mimic real life exactly. But what is curious to me are what were some of the thought processes used to make decisions during game production. I just picture the Devs sitting around a table and saying "well, let's do this. The idiot gamers will never know the difference." Let me start this off and if you join in, we'll see how many absurdities we can come up with. . .

1. How it it that Roach always can appear, even if you've teleported to a remote island in the nether regions of Skellige?
2. Who was it that went to all the fallen logs and tree stumps throughout the realm and put coins in them?

Pretty sure the thought process behind #1 was that it would be a really nice convenience feature for players, and it is, and I'm glad they did that.

jj284b

Forum veteran
if Roach wasnt made as it is right now.. i can imagine thousands complains about Roach being lost somewhere, unable to find it etc etc...

Came across #2 myself recently for the first time by accident as I was picking herbs right next to a tree stump and picked up the orens instead! I was like "Wtf?" I suppose it's the same in Skyrim, who lights all the torches in Draugr infested dungeons and re-stocks said dungeons with food that never spoils?

1. How it it that Roach always can appear, even if you've teleported to a remote island in the nether regions of Skellige?
2. Who was it that went to all the fallen logs and tree stumps throughout the realm and put coins in them?

1. Roach is Kelpie whom Geralt stole from Ciri. That's why she is running on foot all the time, while Geralt has a teleporting invincible horse. Not cool, daddy Geralt, not cool!
2. It is an old Northern superstition - to leave some coins in a tree log, and they will start reproducing. Vivaldi is in a wrong business, he should have bought himself a boatload of tree stumps.

3.Where exactly do high level monsters keep the swords they seem to drop?

---------- Updated at 06:19 PM ----------

2. It is an old Northern superstition - to leave some coins in a tree log, and they will start reproducing.
That's actually a interesting and fascinating explanation. Makes sense.

4. Why, when Geralt gets a haircut, it stays cut, but if he gets clean-shaven, the beard grows back?
5. Why is the wind sometimes so gale-strength strong that it can bend trees, but pieces of paper on the ground don't move?

That's coz Roach is a very bad girl and a beach. haha. Seriuosly though.. Dunno. But as a matter of fact, in Skyrim I lost many a horse, had to buy other ones. Damn horses, rush into battle. It's funny, you travel to the most remote place in Skellige, whistle, and there she is. Damn mare... She is everywhere. Geralt must have a RFID chip implant and Roach can track him with her GPS.

Roach is like the ceiling cat. Beware. She is everywhere and she is watching you.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
The second point is just a sad side effect of having a partially randomized loot.
I was just reporting few days ago how little sense it made to find in a chest inside an ancient, long-time-lost elven ruin in Skellige a biography of Radovid V the Stern.

Roach is a unicorn under disguise, and unicorns can travel through dimensions. Why is he under disguise? He's adopting the "hide in plain sight" tactics cause Yennefer is looking for another stuffed specimen for her erotic games. Let's face it, the woman is a perv. ;)

With all due respect, some of you are missing the point. I wasn't looking for answers to my questions, I was hoping for more questions from you gamers. Such as . . .

6. Why can Geralt get hit by giant beasts or whatever and survive, but if he so much as steps off of a curb, he dies?
7. How can Geralt wear 80 lbs of armor and carry another 200 lbs in his inventory and yet still be able to swim and dive?
8. Why does my wife look like Triss only in my dreams?

9. Why is it that when I die I can hit reload, get resurrected and continue playing like if nothing happend?

Is that what you meant?

:comeatmebro:

Roach is an UFO. Confirmed !

It is easily correctable, though is not usually covered by medical insurance. With enough dough you can make your wife look like Roach or a stuffed unicorn, not just Triss.
Am I being overly sexist here I wonder.

That's it, I'm triggered.

---------- Updated at 08:44 PM ----------

With all due respect, some of you are missing the point. I wasn't looking for answers to my questions, I was hoping for more questions from you gamers. Such as . .

This thread is a "100 things we learned from the Witcher 3"

Top Bottom