things that we still need after 1.5 (that modders have already added)

+
  • police/gang chases + vehicle combat , this is the big one everyone has been asking for of course ,this mod does A LOT , police and gangs now chase after you and shoot at you from their vehicles (and not just cars , motorcycles too !) , you can shoot at them from your vehicle (similar to the scripted chases we already have ) , MaxTac now come after you when you piss off the police too much , enemies can call for backup (which comes in vehicles) , the mod even adjusts the health values for different vehicles , armored vehicles now have more health than unarmored ones !

the mod author's implementation of these mechanics is almost perfect really , should probably just copy and paste what he has done while also fixing the small quirks it has that only the devs could fix.
  • cyberware customization , mods like ARASAKA CYBERARMS and CYBERARMS LIBRARY and many more let use cosmetic cyberware that NPCs have which we don't have access too , these are already in the game files and there's so much diversity to them , it's about time we get to use them on our characters !
  • Metro system : the opening scene for the 2018 reveal trailer literally has v in a train , why can't we them then ? this mod changes that but I'd like to see it implemented in a more official feeling capacity , we should be able to physically walk into the metro station take the metro and have other NPCs be on board too.
  • vehicle customization no one is expecting forza level of customization , and the devs should absolutely not pour their resources into making one, BUT there are tons of variations for each vehicle , we should absolutely be able to switch between them , like how this mod allows us to.
  • enemy netrunner quickhack diversity correct me if I'm wrong , but I believe even as of 1.5 , netrunners only use two types of hacks on you , position reveal and overheat , this mod is mostly just restoring cut content anyway , we should have this back as it makes combat that much more interesting
  • wall hang , we know the devs can't add wallrunning , but why not this ? just slap some E3 style animations over it and call it a day , it's a minor thing but it will make a lot of people happy.
  • pocket radio , the radio in this game is way too good for us not to have this.

the new patch is amazing , definitely a huge step in the right direction , but I hope they don't stop there.

Last edited:
Leave the cops alone. This isn't GTA/Need For Speed, for chrissakes.
Trust me when I say that I really wanted this to be the RPG they promised us but that's clearly not the direction they're going and it's not what the fans have been vocal about.
Cyberpunk is now more like an open world deus ex : an immersive sim with RPG elements , and these features would fit right in, it's what the fans have been asking for and the modders have already added them anyway so it's not that hard

It should also be noted that if vehicles are going to be as big of a feature as they already are now then it stands to reason that we should be able to do more with them than just drive around.

For f......they DID NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES. Games change. The first trailer, or anything up to the final trailer, shouldn't be taken as concrete evidence. They even made a point to have text on screen "DOES NOT REFLECT FINAL GAMEPLAY" or something to that effect.

Trust me when I say that I really wanted this to be the RPG they promised us but that's clearly not the direction they're going and it's not what the fans have been vocal about.
Cyberpunk is now more like an open world deus ex : an immersive sim with RPG elements , and these features would fit right in, it's what the fans have been asking for and the modders have already added them anyway so it's not that hard

It should also be noted that if vehicles are going to be as big of a feature as they already are now then it stands to reason that we should be able to do more with them than just drive around.
The main issue I have with this is that it doesn't actually fit with the lore of Cyberpunk, the NCPD is supposed to be underfunded and corrupt AF. That's why they have the ncpd dispatcher calls in the game, the cops can't respond because they don't have the resources so they call in teams of mercs. The streerkid intro and the prologue should explain this better. Officer Stints is what a NCPD cop should be. I will grant you that Max-Tac should be better implemented, a team deployed from an aerial vehicle that is overwhelming in its firepower, it shouldn't be a firefight you can win as the player it should be instant annihilation, like taking on a SWAT team in real life.
But infinite backup and massive car chases just wouldn't happen. They don't have enough officers.

You should get a bounty on you which temporarily affects your reputation with all "afterlife mercs" and aggressive NPC in the game which seems to be kind of what's happening after 1.5 I think the bounty should be permanent with an option to call the ncpd dispatcher and pay it off.

Your other ideas seem cool though, especially the radio :)

Last edited:
The main issue I have with this is that it doesn't actually fit with the lore of Cyberpunk, the NCPD is supposed to be underfunded and corrupt AF. That's why they have the ncpd dispatcher calls in the game, the cops can't respond because they don't have the resources so they call in teams of mercs. The streerkid intro and the prologue should explain this better. Officer Stints is what a NCPD cop should be. I will grant you that Max-Tac should be better implemented, a team deployed from an aerial vehicle that is overwhelming in its firepower, it shouldn't be a firefight you can win as the player it should be instant annihilation, like taking on a SWAT team in real life.
But infinite backup and massive car chases just wouldn't happen. They don't have enough officers.

You should get a bounty on you which temporarily affects your reputation with all "afterlife mercs" and aggressive NPC in the game which seems to be kind of what's happening after 1.5 I think the bounty should be permanent with an option to call the ncpd dispatcher and pay it off.

Your other ideas seem cool though, especially the radio :)

They actually talked alot about this in interviews and such , it was supposed to be so that in areas with less police presence the gangs would try to preserve the peace instead , hope they re-implement this idea.

Now I don't know too much about the lore but i think the police should come after you at least in the richer districts and such.

Now I don't know too much about the lore but i think the police should come after you at least in the richer districts and such.
Yeah, or more likely corporate security, so those Arasaka and Militech teams that are dotted around, the ones outside Arasaka waterfront for example. I quite like the new approach since 1.5 with the crowd and the gangs getting agro if you cause mayhem. Like I said I want it to feel like cyberpunk not the "smoky and the bandit" satire that is Gta.

Not saying its perfect at the moment, there's definitely still room for improvement

Imagine the backlash with police chaces if the would be like this:
1645095704532.png

• police/gang chases + vehicle combat , this is the big one everyone has been asking for of course ,this mod does A LOT , police and gangs now chase after you and shoot at you from their vehicles (and not just cars , motorcycles too !) , you can shoot at them from your vehicle (similar to the scripted chases we already have ) , MaxTac now come after you when you piss off the police too much , enemies can call for backup (which comes in vehicles) , the mod even adjusts the health values for different vehicles , armored vehicles now have more health than unarmored ones !
I have to agree with @SteelDragon2050 and @MrGuyton point of view on this one.
  • cyberware customization , mods like ARASAKA CYBERARMS and CYBERARMS LIBRARY and many more let use cosmetic cyberware that NPCs have which we don't have access too , these are already in the game files and there's so much diversity to them , it's about time we get to use them on our characters !
Not just the cyberware, but also other aspects such as some of the hairstyles {young rogue, Lizzy Wizzy, Claire} and the clothes like those neon things or the semi-translucent dresses and stuff. There's much the NPCs wear/have which we can't obtain. So Agreed!
  • Metro system : the opening scene for the 2018 reveal trailer literally has v in a train , why can't we them then ? this mod changes that but I'd like to see it implemented in a more official feeling capacity , we should be able to physically walk into the metro station take the metro and have other NPCs be on board too.
I dont particulairly mind, I can do without, but it would be neat to have.
  • vehicle customization no one is expecting forza level of customization , and the devs should absolutely not pour their resources into making one, BUT there are tons of variations for each vehicle , we should absolutely be able to switch between them , like how this mod allows us to.
I've requested this myself also on occasion. It the very least allow the reskins that already exist in the game. That should already provide you with 4 to 12 different shades for any given vehicle or bike.
  • enemy netrunner quickhack diversity correct me if I'm wrong , but I believe even as of 1.5 , netrunners only use two types of hacks on you , position reveal and overheat , this mod is mostly just restoring cut content anyway , we should have this back as it makes combat that much more interesting
Agreed. I would like to see QHs used such as Contagion (or otherwise poisonbased), Short circuit and even go as far as to allow System Reset. However for the last one it should be a very long upload time, so that you have time to kill the netrunner AND the system reset should only blind+freeze you for a short duration (say 5, 6 seconds). It can also be a QH that only skilled and highlevel netrunners have.
  • wall hang , we know the devs can't add wallrunning , but why not this ? just slap some E3 style animations over it and call it a day , it's a minor thing but it will make a lot of people happy.
I would have to see how I should envision this as 'gimmick' But I'm not opposed.
  • pocket radio , the radio in this game is way too good for us not to have this.
YES! Definately!
the new patch is amazing , definitely a huge step in the right direction , but I hope they don't stop there.
:ok:

If other factions should be able to chase you, it includes that faction NCPD also has a functioning chase system.
CDPR themselves set the expectation for this very topic.

P.S.: I stop discussions whenever someone calls"But there was a disclaimer: subject to change's, since I have noticed people would also use this excuse, if they had shipped a text-only adventure.

Imagine the backlash with police chaces if the would be like this:
View attachment 11282575
They were offered refunds, full refunds, no need to return the merchandise in many cases. Some people got a free collector's edition statue and trinkets. The game should have never been sold on previous gen, and buyers were offered considerable opportunity to collect. At this point; barely any mind should be paid to their gripes because it's obvious not much can be done there.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah... Why would they chase you after killing one of their own? Just send the drone and have them spawn behind you, makes sense.

I seriously can't understand your enthusiasm with this. Head-cannoning nonsense when the police aggro you for stepping on a wad of gum, but don't get involved when a gang of active shooters is on your ass just doesn't compute.

They were offered refunds, full refunds, no need to return the merchandise in many cases. Some people got a free collector's edition statue and trinkets. The game should have never been sold on previous gen, and buyers were offered considerable opportunity to collect. At this point; barely any mind should be paid to their gripes because it's obvious not much can be done there.
Whoa, hang on.
CDPR doing initial development for consoles that were then still main target is not and never was a wrong choice.
I for one have enjoyed the game as it was on that console.

If it now becomes apparent that PS4 generation consoles can not support everything anymore, than that is a different story altogether.
One where CDPR will have to make judgement on what will and will no longer be supported. And by support I mean new content added. Stuff being fix should always remain a level of support for every target machine.

Post automatically merged:

They are numerous and so the mind will be paid—and It was CDPRs decision after all, whenever it should have been sold on previous gen or not, t is not like they released it on the platform by accident. And htey are still selling it there AFAIK.
I wanted to point out, that it is unlikely they will be adding more features that would split the fanbase, expecially after they used up good PR they´ve build..
Though they did it with the crowd reaction so who knows.... I jsut think that this was the limit and they will leave thing for which you need more than Jaguar CPU and 8G RAM for another Cyberpunk and rather focus on things like the apartments.

Stuff being fix should always remain a level of support for every target machine.
Thing is, for many people those are fixes.

For f......they DID NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES. Games change. The first trailer, or anything up to the final trailer, shouldn't be taken as concrete evidence. They even made a point to have text on screen "DOES NOT REFLECT FINAL GAMEPLAY" or something to that effect.
Well, if that's so then it doesn't even matter wether they make this a GTA or not , it's what the fans wanted , the modders already did it , there's no reason this shouldn't be in the game.

Also

You're wrong
They promised Corrupt police , 1000 NPC routines , Much deeper RPG elements than the witcher 3 they promised that they'd deliver a really good experience on last gen consoles , they promised to have rdr2 level of polish and they never came out and told us that the game won't have open world car chases , that they were scaling back on the branching narrative design from the first mission , they instead kept talking it up , this is important because they did tell us that they cut wallrunning ,car customization , metro and the flathead prior to release , but not this.

Need some new hairstyles, seen a few on npcs we still don’t have access to. And can I get that sweet police utility belt I’ve seen on other mercs and enemies? It’s a little thing but man it’s cool. I know it’s on the “Heavy-Duty Aramid-Reinforced Badge Coat” (they finally fixed how glitchy it was) but it’d be cool to see the belt attached to other kevlar vests in the game.

it's not very relevant who chases us , you kill civilians then there should be consequences , and this should not just be the only use for such a system either.

In the first part of demo video by the mod author , V is doing a job and it goes bad , they have a shootout with the valentinos then they try to escape , but THEN the valentinos don't just let them go , they take their vehicles and they go after V and chase them across town.

the whole situation becomes much more interesting to see because of it, it's immersive , and it coupled with them being able to call for back up (which is a feature the mod has) , should make you reconsider wether or not to go guns blazing when you're outnumbered , you might even consider getting an armored vehicle in case something like this happens.

it is true to the actions have consequences philosophy of this game , it adds depth to the gameplay , it looks fun , they promised it prior to release , the fans have been asking for it , the modders have already done it , there's absolutely no reason this shouldn't be released in an official capacity IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom