Things this game did well?

+
What are some things this game, in your opinion, did extremely well?

For me it's:

First person:
Really well done, not a fan of FP games at all but it really brings out some amazing shots. As I said in some other thread it's clear CDPR intentionally composed a lot of shots in dialogues like a painting, with a tonne of cool stuff and a billion little details going on in the background.

Animations when entering cars, having a drink, sitting down etc were all very well done.

Really feels like its' own thing rather than an easy way out of having to animate your character.

Parkour:
Really not mentioned often enough, wasn't advertised or marketed so hard, but you can climb damn near anything and it feels so nice and fluid exploring Night City vertically.

Car design:
Driving feels kinda clunky but I have so much appreciation for how well and elaborate all the cars in Night City are.

World design:
Absolutely insane and so far unmatched by any other game for me. The amount of detail and care that went into Night City is insane.

NPC design:
I appreciate how much care they've put into NPCs - main characters rolling their eyes as if they were recollecting something when appropriate, all the different walks and mannerisms between NPCs. Even the generic NPCs all have these very interesting unique looks and are very fun to observe.

All of the animations are lovely and beautifully executed, I agree. The design is astounding. Getting access to that in terms of character customisation, could save the game.

There is so much potential in all of the characters and story.

The music, I just can't get enough of.

I would say the music's cool.

Animations and NPC design... when they work... are decent. It's a shame V can't get most of the clothes NPC's have. :p

The world LOOKS nice, just a shame that it's dead and lifeless.

I like the design of the cars, though it sucks we can't customize them.

As for the "parkor", it's pretty poor. Climbing things is very iffy. Sometimes you'll grab a ledge, sometimes you won't. Some things have you just slide across when you jump on them. A lot of objects have TERRIBLE hit boxes (like oddly shaped machines that clearly have a giant cube of a hit box.
Go play WatchDogs 2 or Dying Light or such for vastly better world movement.

Agreed with everything... although, wall running is sorely missed.

Also: The acting... it's decent. Especially female V delivers quite a few good, emotional scenes.

I think the audio design is very well made. Like the transition from outside a vehicle to inside, and the weapons (at least the ones I've tried) sounds heavy and powerful.

What are some things this game, in your opinion, did extremely well?

For me it's:

First person:
Really well done, not a fan of FP games at all but it really brings out some amazing shots. As I said in some other thread it's clear CDPR intentionally composed a lot of shots in dialogues like a painting, with a tonne of cool stuff and a billion little details going on in the background.
Is it just me that hate the FPS view in this game? i dont meen i want a 3 person but it just feels odd. Tryed all kinds of FOV and so on but i never really got comfotable with it... Other than that gfx/lighting/music and so on are all great. Nighttime can be truly beutiful at times.

Is it just me that hate the FPS view in this game? i dont meen i want a 3 person but it just feels odd. Tryed all kinds of FOV and so on but i never really got comfotable with it... Other than that gfx/lighting/music and so on are all great. Nighttime can be truly beutiful at times.
I think it pretty much is a personal preference. Some people just can't enjoy it because of visuals. I personally can't enjoy 3D movies cause they make my eyes too tired and end up with a headache.

The combat itself is quite good. All the guns have some nice sounds behind them, the animations for firing, recoil, and reloading are top notch. The small reaction animations when the enemies get shot are good as well.

The bad thing about the combat are the enemy AI being silly dolts that can't deal with whatever you're doing.

Agreed with everything, plus a great narrative. Elements of the story may not make much sense to an inquisitive mind, but it was still excellently written and performed by the VAs. Unlike Neil deGrasse Tyson, I can suspend my disbelief and not nitpick a movie or game apart. Btw, that was sarcasm. I actually really like NGT.

I usually hate FP but in this instance I think was done really well. One thing I find difficult with it on melee is losing enemies in big fights 'cause it's so easy to get all turned around.

Top Bottom