Things to do to make the game more challenging

+
I don't know if you've tried this, but I'm (on my first way through, so I am quite the newbie admittedly) going through without using the signs. Mostly because I can't figure out which is which (except for aard and igni) and partly because I can't get the timing right and really can't be bothered spending time learning to this time around. I don't know if that would help you in your quest to make this game more challenging for yourself, but I'm certainly having trouble keeping up with the monsters sometimes and really do have to go full-out with the potions to keep myself from dying. Several times I decided to leave a certain group of mobs for later as well. For example, it took me three tries to get the mix of potions right to kill the Night hunting wraiths, the beast was really difficult, the uber echinops killed me a few times, I opted to help the squirrels so I had to clear the swamp of the order and in that camp I died a few times, the Wyverns in the swamp got the better of me a few times before I figured out how to kill them. Etc. In short, I had to plan the bigger fights, or I die.And another one, I had no idea secondary ingredients existed, let alone had a secondary effect. So how about you use only regular old swallows etc. as I do :p So basically, in rpg wording, you play a swordfighter who's been made to sit in on a few classes on how to make potions. Like Eskel says in the prologue, Vesemir knows the basics, but it's definately not his forte. And in martial arts, down the lineage things only ever get watered down...

Cassandra31EEE said:
You can also fight the golem at the swamp with your sword! (Don't touch the pillars at all ). Be ready for a great trouble... :evil:
I'm always kill golem only with sword. I'm just don't know that was another way. :wall: :p

I'm always kill golem only with sword. I'm just don't know that was another way.
Yes, there is, and if you want to know, just ask. But it would be great if you find it yourself, during the game. ;)About the queen kikimore, i don't know, it sounds very crazy, i 've read some members' posts at the Queen's thread, and i don't understand how they managed to do it! But i 'm a curious person, so maybe i 'll try! ;D

Odnako said:
I'm always kill golem only with sword. I'm just don't know that was another way. :wall: :p
Don't worry, you're not alone in this -- a lot of people killed the golem with their sword and only found out about the other way on this forum. Personally, I found that the "other" way was cool, and I wanted to do it once, just to see what that was like, but killing it with my sword was more satisfying.

The advice sounds neat, but I don't like deliberately handicapping just for the sake of difficulty. I mean, if you remove the Signs, alchemy and other things from the game, you leave out the tactical elements which works so great in this game: which potions to brew before the big battle, which oil to apply, which Signs to develop using the talents, etc. I hope the difficulty will be greatly improved in the upcoming EE so that we don't have to resort to handicapping our main character.

STGhost said:
Or you can just run my little talent point mod which reduces the amount you get flooded by :)
.. or you could just do what I plan on doing, after JUST NOW completing the game for the first time on Normal (I died three times before "getting it right" with The Penultimate Boss) .. Start a new game on 'Hard'. Use all signs, do all side-quests, upgrade all swords .. .. and only USE one-half (maybe 2/3?) of the talent/skill points that you get for levelling up. :p Anyone tried it that way yet? What were your results? :)

using only half of what game has to offer? that doesnt sound like fun.check my signature.

Top Bottom