Things you are hoping will be in the Expansions?

+
WOULD LOVE A LOT MORE TRISS CONTENT! New Kovir region and more Triss content. I'd love to live in my house with my beautiful wife and take a contract from time to time in Kovir. It would suck if after a while all my wife said was "Yes Geralt?"... break my heart.
:sadtriss:

More options for options. ;)

I want more signs, general magic and tools to expand the playstyle options.

Now, the question is how to do this without making Geralt overpowered, how do you meld it into the world and at what point (what cost of dev effort if something needs tweaking so as to not to be abused), how to solve the ui, and to tie into the first point. Make Geralt stay grounded, with others clearly having complementary skillsets and not make him some demigod.

The return of traps. Creates a more slow, methodic approach to contracts. Have them take some time to set, and they'll be hard to use in setpieces and thus not prone to abuse.

Aggrobolts, be able to aggro enemies through enchanted bolts (into said traps).

Add sign contextual actions. Have lesser (free) statistically semi rare level disparity calculated interactions based on the currently active sign. Like telekinetically pulling on a shield or sword. (I think it'd be fun, not to mention convenient to be able to telekinetically snap or do a controlled force throw of level 1 wild dogs so i can go do better things (and not at all get to do that to the lv30 leshen that's terrorizing soandso village), but it may very well be too power fantasyish and with to much effort to be worth it given the gains)

An arcane row of skills, with their own mutagens (crafted from the regular ones). Navigation under "character" basically works the same but with more left/right length divided into two rows. When you reach the second row, the associated arcane skilltree/mutagens pop up.

How do you get it? By a series of five quests of course. :) Maybe centering around the School of the griffin?

What do they do?

Arcane combat
Arcane signs
Enchanting
Arcane skills
Arcane mutagens

Starting from the bottom up.

The bottom one is self explanatory.

Skills includes qol skills, as well as balancing skills. Here I'm mainly interested in double jump and glide. That will have to be carefully tested so it doesn't bugger areas such as the witches tree (or they will have to be surrounded by a magic barrier). The reason her is basically that falling and dying is annoying.

Enchanting, boosts traps and alchemy, the arcane combat boosting general combat being the reason for the alchemy buff.

Signs (will likely need to boost regular signs too)

Lightning (strong around water/rain, stuns. Chain lightning alternate)

Ice (cold burst, chance of freezing, freezes ground creating a chance of enemies loosing their guard, ice spike alternate)

Time/space (blink!, displace enemies (off cliffs...), slow time (breakable by bosses and stronger enemies to avoid op))

Plants (ensnares a singular enemy, keeping him put but immobile, can damage, flammable, alternate creates "spikes", )
Illusion (creates illusions of yourself .. That can "fight", alternate create an elemental illusion to fight for you)

Arcane combat.

Charge (dual button charge, like the one Ciri uses)

Imbune (apply status effects to your weapon given your chosen sign)

Reach (create a field that extends the reach of your sword)

Arcane weapon, (creates a dual wieldable weaker copy of your drawn sword, swift attacks get swifter, strong attacks uses both at the same time. The cost being that your guard/chance of parrying gets nerfed. Likely necessitates the previously mentioned buffs for character balance)

Arcane projectile (imbune, but for bolts)

Or just some well written quest that explores what makes us human. Without cheese, hamfistedness, reveling in the gory details or propagating boorish stereotypes. Like a proper CD project red quest. :)

I agree with all your points except for the one in bold, Geralt does not go hunting dragons nor is he one to kill a dragon for that matter, in Geralt's opinion they are considered an endangered species within the witcher world. (See: Sword of Destiny short story "The Limits of Possibility")
Excluding a choice that can be made in TW2, it would be very uncharacteristic of Geralt as far as I'm concerned.
Hmmm that actually makes alot of sense, then again if we are to fight/kill a Dragon, it will need to make sense, remember The Witcher from the Bear School, can't remember his name, but he helped the skellige folks with a dragon issue (unless they confused it with a forktail or something).

But yes, you are right, Dragons are not something to be contracted easy, but I think if it makes sense and there is a strong story behind it, why not, heck even make a choice around it, kill it or spare it.

most wanted dlc WILL contain spoilers

most everybody finished the game .
so what's your take on dlc and future expansions?
what would you like to see?

i would go with the dlc a sorcerous ending jen and triss ;)

I would like an expansion that partly takes place after the endings but also expands upon the endings as well i.e at the start of the expansion you are either at your Kovir estate with triss, somewhere with yennefer or on the road alone depending on your romance choices.

also I would like the remnants of the wild hunt to show up because they are just not in it enough in the base game. :(

Definitely want some level of content that melds in to the ending of the game and have some more endgame dialogue with yen/triss + ciri

I think Will has a good point where you start off the expansion with yen/triss :)

Game just feel so empty after the end :( No proper endgame content at all, as if they ran out of time and jus cut it..

Hey I´d like to collect some ideas and bring in some new that I would like to see in both expansions

- Up to 5 or more monsters in both addons (Bruxae, Manticore, Strigga, Dragons and some new)
- More wild animals (frogs, squirrels, more fish, whales and sharks)
- New beards and hairstyles (especially longer and bigger beards)
- A bed in every inn with the function of meditation
- Showroom in Kaer Morhen (dress-up dolls and your trophies hanging at the wall)
- 4 new slots for Skills
- Golden mutagenes with special abilities
- Human head trophies from important killed characters (Radovid, Dijkstra, Whoreson junior, Eredin, Imlerith, Caranthir)
- Wild hunt armor set for Geralt and Roach (maybe even the helmets of Eredin, Imlerith and Caranthir)
- Real nilfgaardian armor set
- Bigger axes (like guards and soldiers have, not those small one-handed that Geralt gets)
- Some new weapon types

Hey I´d like to collect some ideas and bring in some new that I would like to see in both expansions

- Up to 5 or more monsters in both addons (Bruxae, Manticore, Strigga, Dragons and some new)
- More wild animals (frogs, squirrels, more fish, whales and sharks)
- New beards and hairstyles (especially longer and bigger beards)
- A bed in every inn with the function of meditation
- Showroom in Kaer Morhen (dress-up dolls and your trophies hanging at the wall)
- 4 new slots for Skills
- Golden mutagenes with special abilities
- Human head trophies from important killed characters (Radovid, Dijkstra, Whoreson junior, Eredin, Imlerith, Caranthir)
- Wild hunt armor set for Geralt and Roach (maybe even the helmets of Eredin, Imlerith and Caranthir)
- Real nilfgaardian armor set
- Bigger axes (like guards and soldiers have, not those small one-handed that Geralt gets)
- Some new weapon types
cone to think of it Wild hunt armor would be amazing

Definitely want some level of content that melds in to the ending of the game and have some more endgame dialogue with yen/triss + ciri

I think Will has a good point where you start off the expansion with yen/triss :)

Game just feel so empty after the end :( No proper endgame content at all, as if they ran out of time and jus cut it..

I find it strange that after endgame the only peson you can find is keira I wonder if they have plans for her since you don't see her again after the battle

My only request is more types of monsters (finishing moves against them included). And I mean MUCH MORE. The game is fucking perfect in terms of story and world design, you must be crazy to ask for more. The only flaw lies in repetitive combat. We have something around 70 enemy types in Wild Hunt, the game which came out now, in 2015. I remember playing “Castlevania: Symphony of the night” back in the end of the 90s, and that game had 156 monsters in its bestiary. Final Fantasy XII had more than 250 beasts. Xenoblade Chronicles (2010) had 67 monster species; many of those species had 2 to 6 sub species (HUNDREDS of enemy types in total), and who knows how many Monolith Soft created for Xenoblade X. That’s what I call ‘variety”. Despite being a great game, Wild Hunt is not even close to being a masterpiece without that kind of variety. I think instead of expanding the world, which is huge and diverse as it is, CDPR should really focus their attention on patching the only major flaw of the game, which is extremely repetitive battles.

The Witcher 3 Story - CDPR's "Redemption"

I'll make it simple and straight to the point.

The game storywise lacks of some contents, every witcher fan of this forum (and not only) agrees on that. You can "redeem" yourselves.

Yen / Triss romance fixes

Scoia'tel / Iorveth content
Introduce them in the 1st or 2nd expansion.

The Wild Hunt content
Since the game is officially supported 'till 2017 there's enough time for a 3rd expansion about the cut-content described in this long article
A more ambitious idea still, and one that got fairly far down the road, was Geralt joining the game's titular Wild Hunt - the villainous force. "It's a very complicated story," Blacha begins, "but Geralt was an insider. He was joining the Wild Hunt because he was looking for something, he needed to find Ciri. We had this part where he was sailing on this Naglfar, this ship made of human nails, and he had some adventures on some islands and it was full of conspiracy. We even had dialogue trees written, and these dialogue trees were sensitive to what players say to Wild Hunters. Every time you gave a bad answer for a question, or when something was breaking your cover, the conspiracy ended."

Lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, Konrad's brother, expands: "You were supposed to disguise yourself as one of the Wild Hunt riders and spend some time with them. It was basically some illusion or spell that made you look like one of them and speak like one of them."

It couldn't all possibly fit in one game. "There were too many characters," Adam Badowski says, "there were too many different super-complicated story plots like those elves, The Wild Hunt. For a while we thought The Witcher 3 would be that big we have to split it into two parts, so [the series] won't be a trilogy - and the plan had always been to do a trilogy. We were very close. But I wanted to have a trilogy. A trilogy is cool, a trilogy looks good! It doesn't look like another... Assassin's Creed game. It was our initial concept - and we need to be in line with our previous decisions."

Take as example the Leviathan DLC for Mass Effect 3. It is placed in the main storyline and strictly connected to the main storyline (in order to gather more and more forces against the reapers).

Only then the game will be really complete, everyone will be pleased and will stop making threads like this :laughing:

EDIT: I'm an idiot, i posted it in the wrong section

Last edited:
Ill just say this. A "Wild hunt" DLC would be freaking awesome to learn more of a back story of those characters. In fact I bet we learn more with the dlc coming out in October. But I would love learning more of the wild hunt in the Witcher 3.

I'll make it simple and straight to the point.

The game storywise lacks of some contents, every witcher fan of this forum (and not only) agrees on that. You can "redeem" yourselves.

Yen / Triss romance fixes

Scoia'tel / Iorveth content Introduce them in the 1st or 2nd expansion.

The Wild Hunt content Since the game is officially supported 'till 2017 there's enough time for a 3rd expansion about the cut-content described in this long article
A more ambitious idea still, and one that got fairly far down the road, was Geralt joining the game's titular Wild Hunt - the villainous force. "It's a very complicated story," Blacha begins, "but Geralt was an insider. He was joining the Wild Hunt because he was looking for something, he needed to find Ciri. We had this part where he was sailing on this Naglfar, this ship made of human nails, and he had some adventures on some islands and it was full of conspiracy. We even had dialogue trees written, and these dialogue trees were sensitive to what players say to Wild Hunters. Every time you gave a bad answer for a question, or when something was breaking your cover, the conspiracy ended."

Lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, Konrad's brother, expands: "You were supposed to disguise yourself as one of the Wild Hunt riders and spend some time with them. It was basically some illusion or spell that made you look like one of them and speak like one of them."

It couldn't all possibly fit in one game. "There were too many characters," Adam Badowski says, "there were too many different super-complicated story plots like those elves, The Wild Hunt. For a while we thought The Witcher 3 would be that big we have to split it into two parts, so [the series] won't be a trilogy - and the plan had always been to do a trilogy. We were very close. But I wanted to have a trilogy. A trilogy is cool, a trilogy looks good! It doesn't look like another... Assassin's Creed game. It was our initial concept - and we need to be in line with our previous decisions."

Take as example the Leviathan DLC for Mass Effect 3. It is placed in the main storyline and strictly connected to the main storyline (in order to gather more and more forces against the reapers).

Only then the game will be really complete, everyone will be pleased and will stop making threads like this :laughing:

EDIT: I'm an idiot, i posted it in the wrong section
being on the naglfar sounds amazing I hope thats how it is in one of the expansions, were was it said that the witcher 3 would be looked after till 2017 I only heard 2016

I would love to see

more "dynamic" content
: Decisions should have a noticeable impact on the game world. Geralt should be able to decide the fate of people, villages or whole areas - as he did (more or less) in the previous games - and this should have an impact within the game, in the game world, and not only lead to a different ending cincematic. If Geralt is about to slaughter a king again i want to see something happen afterwards, and if a decision leads to a civil war, i want to see people fighting, houses burning and heads on stakes. I don't care if this is done for only a few decisions (1 to 3 or somewhat), so they don't have to create a shitload of different world-states and events.

"endgame" Content of some sort: for example the possiblity to "dream" of previous events (from the books or previous games), and go trough past experiences, fights, monster hunts or romances. Sometimes nightmarish hard, nostalgic, funny or sad. I could imagine Geralt as a child going trough the trials, the battle of blaviken, Geralts time as a member of the Wild Hunt or something else... his first meeting with Yennefer, Zoltan or Triss for example.

In fact, I hope to see new npcs, not Dandelion, Yennefer and Merigold.

Hope there's more contracts in the main game added by expansions.

I see the expansions are a chance to improve on the main plot, and to elaborate on characters, their interactions, and the background events, without ever going for a full blown EE. But, as a bare minimum, I want a good story.

Top Bottom