Thirsty Dame/Cahir breaking Seasonal mode

+

Arran0

Forum regular
I encountered nasty bug - infinite boosting loop:
1. Play card Thirsty Dame - which get boosted when opponent get any status (including vitality).
2. Opponent do same.
3. Dame get boost - infinite loop starts:
- dame get boosted, gains vitality
- opponent dame get boosted, gains vitality
- repeat

I encountered nasty bug - infinite boosting loop:
Nasty one indeed. The Viper seasonal has an unforeseen side effect on that card.
Not really sure what topic it falls under... possibly blocked progression since it's an infinite loop and I assume the game won't progress until all boosts are applied (i.e. never progresses). The card is working properly so can't really use that one. :think:

I discovered a bug in the new Viper Seasonal Mode that stops the game, without freezing the app.
iOS ; Gwent 6.2

"Thirsty Dame's Eternal Buff"
Recreate:
Player
A: plays Thirsty Dame
Player B: Duchess's Informant -> Create Dame
Player
A: Philippe van Moorlehem
Player
B: Artorius Vigo -> Create Hunter -> Lock Philippe
Result: The
Dame on both sides is getting constantly buffed until the round stops and no actions can be done to end the game. It happend in round three, I wasn't able to pass or to forfeit. (However, I did get 2 Crowns.)

Cheers

Last edited:
Not sure if this issue is with the latest update or just seasonal mode
but the game completely locked up after Cahir and Thirsty Dame boosted each other 28 times
Had to task manager my way out ?
Post automatically merged:

I discovered a bug in the new Viper Seasonal Mode that stops the game, without freezing the app.
iOS ; Gwent 6.2

"Thirsty Dame's Eternal Buff"
Recreate:
Player
A: plays Thirsty Dame
Player B: Duchess's Informant -> Create Dame
Player
A: Philippe van Moorlehem
Player
B: Artorius Vigo -> Create Hunter -> Lock Philippe
Result: The
Dame on both sides is getting constantly buffed until the round stops and no actions can be done to end the game. It happend in round three, I wasn't able to pass or to forfeit. (However, I did get 2 Crowns.)

Cheers
Same issue different cards

Attachments

• locked up.jpg
    locked up.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 152
Cahir suffers from the same issue due to his ability and creates a loop with the Dame.
I know this is off-topic, but let's be real, that Cahir card is so freaking dumb! xD I really hope it will be removed from Gwent in a future patch.

Cahir suffers from the same issue due to his ability and creates a loop with the Dame.
Well since it is the 4th time it has happened now since my last post, and it appears only to happen Nil vs Nil
(I haven't seen it in other factions) hey at least it's one good way to get away from playing Nil or playing against

Hopefully it is fixed soon

Thanks

I wanted to record it but screen freezes cuz of the battle between my cahir and my opponent thirsty dame hahahahahahah

the moment he poison cahir the dame gain health boost and vitality
and he gain health and a status
And the boooooooosting gooooes for ever hahahahahahah

945AF3BB-E2A7-49BD-B983-5B7D961C6B4D.jpeg

I just broke my game.
Both of us have a Thirsty Dame in play, and I foolishly locked a card other than my oponents Dame. This caused an infinate boost cycle due to the seasons special rules. The lock boosted my dame, giving it Vitality, which boosted my oponent's Dame, giving it Vitality, which boosted my Dame, giving it Vitality, which.. etcetcetc.
We got to each Dame reaching 37 before it ground to a holt. My turn timed out and I was forced to stop the appliaction due to unresponsivness.

What a wild ride I'll say.
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200506-152022_Gwent.jpg
    Screenshot_20200506-152022_Gwent.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
One (only one, wtf?)
A bit of an old post by now, but: only one of them triggered because effects/abilities trigger from left to right, melee to ranged. So the first Dame triggered, freezing the game, before the second one could.

nehu

Forum regular
i just met new bug, at one side cahir on another thirsty dame

im not sure what opponent did, but i saw how cahir was boosted, which gave thirsty dame vitality and boost?! then cahir was boosted again and thirsty dame as well many times, after 15 "cycles" game was frozen, no action available for any side, no time limit
frozen.jpg

@nehu Post moved to a dedicated thread.

Thirsty Dame and Cahir can, and will, currently freeze seasonal matches due to the seasonal ruleset. Dame gets a boost from the Vitality and gains Vitality herself, Cahir gets boost from the boost and gains Vitality, and then it freezes the game due to an infinite loop. The same thing will happen if both players have a Dame.

Oh my Roach, this is by far the best and funniest bug I've ever seen. They call the mode "momemtum" but when you play it the game just stops...

A few moments ago i played my NG deck vs mirror deck. I played a Thirsty Dame and he played Cahir Dyffryn. He boost his unit and my unit start boosting. His unit start boosting and so on. I think it is a bug because in the middle of all game freeze And i must restart game.

(I play on the phone)

@Karburatorys Post moved to a dedicated thread. It's not a bug, technically, as the cards are working properly. The seasonal ruleset just causes the infinite loop that freezes the game.

Top Bottom