This card NEEDS to balanced, devs !

+
This card NEEDS to balanced, devs !

MarcinMomot Lotherien Burza46 Lalicorne

Since the latest patch I came across this card here:

I wonder why no one else has posted this yet, because it's ridiculously overpowered.
Will we now have to deal with Northern Kingdom promote decks on Brown Sparrow ??

I mean... ciriously !

What were the devs thinking ?

I agree it's OP. While true that whenever I have a cup of good coffee it feels like I get triple strength, I think the card should should also reduce the effected cards value by one third every turn after 3. The caffeine should wear off after awhile.

Lotherien;n7246190 said:
Why I didn't discover this one yet? I could use it power right now. I definately need it in my deck. Nice one EmperorZorn !

Thanks !

I'm just glad that the illustration turned out ok, even after I took a long (coffee) break from my drawing tablet.
I should have seen it coming that I'd draw fanart of coffee one day though.

But now that I'm back, you will all have to...

*drumroll*

Counter measure: Decaffeination Bomb -- spawns rain, fog, and frost. Reduces the strength of all cards' on player's side to one. Causes sluggishness.

SigilFey;n7321290 said:
Placeholder! I'm calling "placeholder" now. Gods -- even in Velen has Starbucks!? (Faceplant.)

Crows Perch has TWO Starbucks. They're right across the Courtyard from one another.

I once saw Geralt of Rivia order a large Gingerbread Latte at one of those stores. The barista, who must have been no more than seventeen, told the Witcher that he must have meant a "Venti" Gingerbread Latte, because they don't have "large."

The Witcher gave the barista a look that would have sent chills of the spine of any sensible Northerner, and said "Just give me my damned coffee or you can deal with your own damned Shrieker." The barista, clearly ignorant of who (and what) this man was, just rolled his eyes and replied with a smirk, "What size coffee would you like?"

I feared blood was about to spill once again in Velen. We had seen so much violence over the last year that it was almost commonplace. However, I am glad to say the Wticher chose to stay his hand. Maybe the tales of their wicked nature are not entirely true. The Witcher merely said "Fine" and walked off to his horse. Once on top of the mare I saw him pause for a moment. He appeared to be considering his options.

You see, I happen to know that he had been up all night and day for the past 24 hours kneeling over some hole he and the Bloody Baron had dug. The hole was now empty, and the Witcher's work in Crows Perch apparently done ... but even a Witcher must get tired at some point. He probably had a long day ahead of him. After what seemed a long time, the Witcher dismounted his mare, and walked across the courtyard to the other Starbucks. Over the low hum of the bustling Courtyard I heard him mutter, "One venti Gingerbread Latte please."

Last edited:
ManwichTuesday;n7321670 said:
I'm not sure what a Red point is, but just take it man.
It's a small token of appreciation -- and also counts towards a user's reputation. If you like a post, feel free to give a REDpoint. (They don't hurt -- much.)

Rawls
I heard him mutter "One venti Gingerbread latte please".
It seemed as though his fury at the antics of Velen baristas had passed. But that was when they brought out his coffee and he saw that they'd spelled his name 'Gerrard'.
Grunting horribly, he reached for his steel sword... but was stopped by a gloved hand reaching out of an opening portal. Yennefer stepped out, composed and smiling, already berating Geralt for being such a barbarian. 'Honestly, Geralt, I can't take you anywhere. This is just like the Mages' banquet!'
Still tutting at Geralt (who was fuming but had started to sip on his latte in an attempt to recover some composure), she ordered herself a grande cappuccino.
I heard her say 'You really cannot let these trifling matters get to you when are so close to finding Ciri...' but then she turned to see her coffee arrive.

'Jenyfer'

The force of the Starbucks exploding was enough to send me flying across the yard and land in the Baron's flowerbeds.

Last edited:
Gwentastic;n7324360 said:
'Gerrard'.
The Witcher's anger was not without grounds, of course, for baristas far and wide had butchered his name countless times before: Gerald, Jeralt, Garrault, Gerhart, and -- in a recent affront -- Herald. In fact, similar mistakes had even been made at a recent Gwent tournament. The White Wolf had had more than enough.

Top Bottom