This deck is not just OP. It's amazingly OP. Foltest Chain Natalis

+
Try this out: Leader: Foltest
Gold: Seltkirk, Natalis, Shani, Regis
Silver: Stennis, Sile, Vincent, The Last Wish, Marching Orders, Reinforcements
Bronze: Redanian Elite x3, Knight Elect x3, Kaedweni Cavalry x1, Tormented Mage x3, Thunderbolt x3, Alzur's Thunder x1, Recon x1

The strategy: Swap priorities: Thunderbolt -> Recon -> Alzur's -> DEPENDS (Knight-Elect, Redanian Elite or Kaedweni Cavalry)
You'll want to start with Foltest or Redanian Elite 95% of the time. These are awkward first cards to play against. As with any deck, you'll want to keep playing until you're winning the round with the same amount of cards spent by your opponent to create an advantage for future rounds. Or just pass, rarely.
After that you want to get your knight-elects running, and keep boosting them with Tormented Mage into Thunderbolt. Apart from getting mad boosts and armor which helps with damage dealing decks, this empties your deck a bit, giving you a statistical boost to draw non-bronze cards. Also you want to spend your thunderbolts as drawing them lated might give you a weird hand.
If you win the first round, just pass on the second. This deck won't benefit from the risk of playing any cards here, just like most decks won't.
The general idea now in the 3rd round is you want to get your Redanian Elites out, maybe drop a Kaedweni Cavalry on one and the reset him with a Tormented Mage into Thunderbold if you still have that or play a Knight-Elect if you still have that. Remember you have to filter out the bronze cards before you play cards like Sile & The Last Wish. In particular, one of your best combos will be Shani -> Sile -> Last Wish -> something amazing. Just be careful to always keep one special card for Sile, one tactics card in your deck for Natalis and try not to get Vincent Meis from Stennis.
Why these cards: Foltest is so good I could die. Since you will play at least most your deck most the time his boost gets used to the max and he's very versatile. Seltkirk is just amazing, Foltest makes him even better. Natalis for insane combos. Above I mentianed a good combo but this one is truly godlike... Natalis -> Reinforcements -> Stennis -> Sile -> Last WIsh -> something amazing. Seems inconsistent? Not as much as you'd think after you filter all these bronze cards out of your deck. Regis is just an insane counter against some decks, but you can replace him if you will, I love him though. Marching Orders pulls out some damn good combo cards like Tormented Mage, Sile, Stennis. Reinforcements is just for filtering and pulling Stennis really and having an extra card for Sile and Natalis. Recon is the same and Alzur's is just safety in case we get weird draws (it happens even to the best of us), we don't want a dud Tormented Mage in our hand in round 3.
Just filter first, draw later.

Attachments

• Garathor's Chain Natalis 11-6-2018.PNG
    Garathor's Chain Natalis 11-6-2018.PNG
    759.1 KB · Views: 156
It's an interesting deck and it's good to see something different in this meta, but it's far from OP. Incidentally, I also faced this deck twice and won both times. The 2nd time I even faced off against the chain in the final round, but that still wasn't a match for my Craitesword.

It's an interesting deck and it's good to see something different in this meta, but it's far from OP. Incidentally, I also faced this deck twice and won both times. The 2nd time I even faced off against the chain in the final round, but that still wasn't a match for my Craitesword.

I could be wrong, but I've been playing this for a long time and Craitesword is the only deck that gives me difficulty. Overall my winrate with this is easily above 65%

I could be wrong, but I've been playing this for a long time and Craitesword is the only deck that gives me difficulty. Overall my winrate with this is easily above 65%

Depends on what rank you are playing this with. 65% would be good around rank 20. Below that it doesn't say much (last season I had an ST Eithne deck that won 78% at rank 15 but sucked against rank 20+ opponents).

Depends on what rank you are playing this with. 65% would be good around rank 20. Below that it doesn't say much (last season I had an ST Eithne deck that won 78% at rank 15 but sucked against rank 20+ opponents).

16 and climbing rapidly. Today my score with this is 1 loss (to Craitsword) and 10 wins or something. Suppose I'll update when I'm higher to give you a clearer picture
Edit: And to think I wan't going to play this much today... now I will just to try to prove you guys wrong :p

16 and climbing rapidly

Don't take this the wrong way, but win-rates only mean something after rank 19. Now, when you are on a winning spree, you might think the deck you're using is OP, but in reality it could be because of your skills and the lack of the opponent's skill/deck. I have used fun decks before and reached all the way to rank 19 without a problem. My win-rate is usually 90% up to rank 18 and 75% up to rank 19. Now, I am not saying your deck is bad. But the true test is reaching rank 20 with it. So, be careful with calling something OP.

Don't take this the wrong way, but win-rates only mean something after rank 19. Now, when you are on a winning spree, you might think the deck you're using is OP, but in reality it could be because of your skills and the lack of the opponent's skill/deck. I have used fun decks before and reached all the way to rank 19 without a problem. My win-rate is usually 90% up to rank 18 and 75% up to rank 19. Now, I am not saying your deck is bad. But the true test is reaching rank 20 with it. So, be careful with calling something OP.

Ι suppose you're right. Just got to 17 and I'm tired AF so this proof run will have to wait :) . I'm going to stick with it this season and we'll see how far it gets. Will update again when I reach level 19. If I don't before the season ends I guess we'll know... I've failed. Heh

rrc

Forum veteran
You should try ST Swordmaster decks. It will be very very easy to reach till R18 and you would think that Swordmasters are the best card in the game. Before you reach R19, you would want to punch your computer and break it if you stick to Swordmaster. I was in the same pumped up mood when I first played Swordmaster in lower ranks. But R18 to R19 is the testament for your deck and if you reach R20, it is a good deck. So, keep us updated. If you reach R20, tell us about your experience going from R18 to R20. Good luck!

This deck is quite fun. And I actually managed to pull of that amazing combo, with last wish that got me IGNI to a grand fireworks finale.

Didn't have so much fun in quite a while. :)

Top Bottom