This expansion is looking really positive for the game

+
Ok, with more cards revealed, I am definitely noticing power creep here. I hope they buff some of the original cards, like wolf pack or peasant militia, otherwise those cards are completely pointless compared to these 6 to 7 point bronzes.
That is already the case and with cards such as Mahakam Marauder 6 to 7 bronze cards (I take it you mean 4p ?) are also nothing new (with the first Marauder/Savage Bear/... being 6 and the second 8).

yeah. i am wondering if they are going to do a balance patch with the release of the expansion. It is looking like this expansion will just invalidate certain cards lol

yeah. i am wondering if they are going to do a balance patch with the release of the expansion. It is looking like this expansion will just invalidate certain cards lol
Which cards are going to be invalidated by this expansion ?
At this point I am not even (yet) disagreeing, but I am curious, because I do not see which cards I might overlook.

The cards that are useless now are going to be useless obviously, but the Prov/Power Formula is the same with the revealed cards, compared to the cards that see play, except some cards such as the new seize, which I wish wasn't a thing in the first place, but right now 4 prov cards play for 6, and for 7 with Difficult Conditions(Bearmaster, Nightwraith etc)

I feel like all of the focus has been on NG. I think spy decks will be very viable because it has been in the past and has support but I can't really say the same for the other factions. I can see some really problem boards where NG takes everything you have, the problem I see is that nilfgaardian knight can be worth 9 points for 5 provisions and tortoise 5 for 10 points, it's going to become a game of purify wars or you will just give round 1 hands down because that is way more powerful than anything any other faction can do right now and they have the best thinning, the ability to replay a card, is just too much utility to back it up.

I just bought heavily into the Syndicate expansion, particularly dodging anything to do with fireswarns. Jacquez, while still being an auto include in any fireswarn deck :( :( :(

I am waiting until the balance patch and the full list of card reveals happens for full judgement. It looks like every faction is getting very strong cards, but i hope the balance patch makes the previous cards good. looking at you celano harpy.

I feel like all of the focus has been on NG. I think spy decks will be very viable because it has been in the past and has support but I can't really say the same for the other factions. I can see some really problem boards where NG takes everything you have, the problem I see is that nilfgaardian knight can be worth 9 points for 5 provisions and tortoise 5 for 10 points, it's going to become a game of purify wars or you will just give round 1 hands down because that is way more powerful than anything any other faction can do right now and they have the best thinning, the ability to replay a card, is just too much utility to back it up.

I just bought heavily into the Syndicate expansion, particularly dodging anything to do with fireswarns. Jacquez, while still being an auto include in any fireswarn deck :( :( :(
Don't put the carte before the horse. Initial speculations like NG knight on operatives seem unlikely now due to risk of Operatives getting purified or Usurper getting killed in the meantime.
Besides Spies have several problems if you look at the larger picture: most of their cards are 5 provision or 6 provisions, Enforcers are easily controlled and there are no more Emissary chains. By comparison poison shaped the entire meta, channeling the game towards wide decks. Knowing NG's story of using Midrange builds, I can see a build with poison, Thirsty dames and a few Spy cards with all the new powerful golds. Spies could maybe find their spot with Assimilate, but I wouldn't be so certain that we will see any full-in spying decks becoming meta.
Determining factor will be balance patch in my opinion.

Besides Spies have several problems if you look at the larger picture: most of their cards are 5 provision or 6 provisions, Enforcers are easily controlled and there are no more Emissary chains. By comparison poison shaped the entire meta, channeling the game towards wide decks. Knowing NG's story of using Midrange builds, I can see a build with poison, Thirsty dames and a few Spy cards with all the new powerful golds.

Last time I checked 6 provisions to play 2 points down + a gold on your side is pretty damn good. Those plus Joachim, the new bronze, the new gold that turns 3 units into spies. This and the enforcers and mangonel, a rainfarn and some deck thinning. You've essentially rewinded gwent back 3 years ago to when this was the strongest deck in the game.

Last time I checked 6 provisions to play 2 points down + a gold on your side is pretty damn good. Those plus Joachim, the new bronze, the new gold that turns 3 units into spies. This and the enforcers and mangonel, a rainfarn and some deck thinning. You've essentially rewinded gwent back 3 years ago to when this was the strongest deck in the game.
That's *if* Enforcers stick, *if* Rainfarn sticks. There is a reason why the meta has moved more towards pointslam and less towards engines, and that's because poison and control shut down this strategy unless it's very overwhelming (engine overload). Point here is that if your bronze core is too expensive including powerful golds becomes harder.
(And Fergus requires Devotion for the three Spy tags, which frankly isn't worth it)

Top Bottom