This game deserves a No Man's Sky type comeback

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
After finishing the game I was severely disappointed that all the promises weren't there, all the media and CDPR made it about the bugs and last gen consoles when in fact the worse was that the game didn't felt complete, it felt like an alpha that was missing tons of features... I don't even have to go into detail because you know this already.

It has been a long time since I played the game and you know what? it was in December when I was playing this game and I MISS IT... what the hell? I miss this game and I know why, it took me a bit of time (not really):

IT'S THE CITY

The damn world of this game is amazing specially the city... even for a lifeless city it grows on you somehow, even if there is no activities to partake in like eating stuff or playing mini games etc, the city is so well done that it leaves a BIG mark on you, I just don't know but I JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO IT AND DISCOVER MORE ABOUT IT! sadly the game is basically in the same state as before minus bug fixes.

This game DESERVES a No Man's Sky treatment, this game really deserves that the developers make this what it was supposed to be, please for the love of the allmighty don't waste this AMAZING city, please don't.

Guest 3847602

No, it deserves "Enhanced Edition" treatment (polish and QOL improvements). NMS was a sandbox game with nothing to do. No story, not characters, no quests. Just grinding and upgrading to make the grinding faster. Cybepunk was never like that. It's not a sandbox and it was never presented as one.
All of the features that people claim it is missing were confirmed to be cut before release or weren't even announced by CDPR.

No, it deserves "Enhanced Edition" treatment (polish and QOL improvements). NMS was a sandbox game with nothing to do. No story, not characters, no quests. Just grinding and upgrading to make the grinding faster. Cybepunk was never like that. It's not a sandbox and it was never presented as one.
All of the features that people claim it is missing were confirmed to be cut before release or weren't even announced by CDPR.

You don't understand what I mean, I mean that the developers need to do what the developers of Hello games did and actually rescue their game, work their rears off and make it what it was supposed to be, and what "people claim missing" is indeed missing, there is tons of videos already on the subject with hard proof about it, if you want to live in copium then thats only you and a few people, most people know this was the case.

Guest 3847602

make it what it was supposed to be
It is what it was supposed to be. It's not what some people fantasized about. Big deal.
there is tons of videos already on the subject with hard proof about it
I don't doubt there's a ton of videos on this subject. It's the internet. There's also a ton of videos "proving" that the Earth is flat. Big deal.

When will this false narrative stop?

NMS wasn't bad because of things that were in it, it was bad because there was nothing in it.

CP2077 is bad because of the things in it are bad.

Throwing water onto a grease fire isn't going to solve anything.

What cyberpunk needs is polish and tweaks to existing system(wanted system, method of triggering side quests).

Things already exist, they just need to tighten the screws.

Guest 3847602

This is very true. The game is as intended.

But it kinda makes things even a bit sadder, than they already are (regarding several aspects).
Sure, it's not everybody's kind of game. No game is. Could CDPR do more to satisfy fans of pure RPGs? Yes, absolutely. Do I think the game would have been better for it. Yes, I do.
Was the game advertised for 2.5 years as a story-driven action RPG? Yes, it was. Did they ever claim that it's gonna be a sandbox life-simulator as some people evidently preferred (not you)? Nope, never.
Finally, is a "promised, but missing features list" one giant load of rubbish? God, yes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, is a "promised, but missing features list" one giant load of rubbish? God, yes!

Yeah, that’s agreeable.

My gripes have always been about the general direction of the gameplay the devs took and to some extent narrative design. All way before the (at times weird) debacle about those ”promised, but not delivered” features.

Anyway... I'm wouldn't be opposed to a "kinda" version of what HG does with No Man's Sky, if it meant that while they'll improve and expand (if that's what they're going to do) the gameplay and the city, they'll also be building their "sequels" into the existing base they have.

Something I've suggested years ago alreayd. That in the end, there's one base game with a trilogys worth of content. For example: three different characters all with different backgrounds (and somewhat differing skillsets) to choose and their own stories that might even slightly interject at certain points, and regardless of the chose character, varied and comprehensive RPG gameplay and systems to take advantage with. And if there's room and interest far in the future, maybe a fourth "game" that's basically a sort of freeroam where you build up to be a full blown corpo or a big time fixer through doing what ever it is you want to do in the game.

Yeah, that's not something to be realistically expected, but it'd be neat... I suppose.

They probably can expand side activities in the city, create extra mini-games, add new quests in expansions, but they can't fix the main gripe I have with the game - much more limited branching and consequences in quests in comparison to Witcher.

It's linear and "done and gone" approach to nearly everything is just so discouraging. And I personally have a strong feeling that it's not what they aimed at initially. The whole quest with Meredith feels like the prime argument that they wanted far more branching options for quests, but they couldn't do it, because it would've required too much work. Probably 5 times bigger dev. team and couple extra years of work... So freaking everything got the knife. And it's a real gut punch. Not saying that there are no consequences to some quests, but I don't know. It's probably just combination of things, that adds to this hollow effect.

That's why I'm not expecting any kind of NMS-style comeback. How much people are continuing to work on the game? 300? It's a lot, but far too few for Cyberpunk with it's insane fidelity.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be a soft relaunch when the next gen (current gen at this point?) console version is released. Add in things like vehicle customization and post creation screen character customization. Seems a little weird, you can have your arms removed and replaced with synthetic ones equipped with blades, or a rocket launcher, or just freakishly strong ones, but changing your hairstyle? Apparently impossible in Night City. We might get some 'not quite finished for launch, so had to be cut' content too.

I agree that some more polish would go a long way. I'm replaying the game at the moment, on PC, and while it's better than it was at launch, it is still quite buggy in places. The wanted system, picking up one star for just driving down certain roads, being particularly annoying.

I think to get a significant amount of new content, we will have to wait for the expansions. But they feel like they are some way off still.

I don't think it needs a NMS style comeback, because I don't think it was a NMS style disaster. Except on prior gen consoles -- that was pretty disastrous. Mostly what it needs is additional time, which they are giving to it now, and the freedom to run significantly better simulated intelligence across the board, without being constrained by last-gen consoles. So, as far as I can tell, they're already doing sort of what you're asking for.

I feel like many people mistake CDPRs promises for their own, partially reasonable expectations towards CDPR and their previous, customer oriented past.
CDPR isn't the company you used to love. They don't care. They make good money and are good at it. The focus has shifted.
We need to shift expectations.

I feel like many people mistake CDPRs promises for their own, partially reasonable expectations towards CDPR and their previous, customer oriented past.
CDPR isn't the company you used to love. They don't care. They make good money and are good at it. The focus has shifted.
We need to shift expectations.
I understand, the launch was a bona fide mess, impossible to deny, and the many many bugs are still unsolved, but what if I told you I still find them preferable to EAware and Ubisofty?

Keep it polite and respectful. Don't call people names or define them for your argument using convenient epithets. Also, this is looking like yet another general complaints thread. We have a bunch of those already - either keep it to NMS comparison or it gets locked or deleted.

The next-gen version will likely be Cyberpunk's second chance in this regard, although a lot of people's issues with the game are disappointments fundamental to the game itself, and if one doesn't enjoy the game as it is now, they may never. It will never be the fantastical mashup of GTA5, Yakuza and Deus Ex that hype led everyone believe it was going to be.

I'm sure we'll see more content and QoL, bugfixes etc., but for everything else like the mystical cut content I would seriously curb my expectations.

I agree, the game does deserve an NMS type treatment.

Somehow, some people seem to think this is an insult to CP2077. It's not, not even a little bit. It's quite the opposite. The game is teeming with potential that's just asking to be exploited to it's full potential. With lots of love, CPDR could exploit this game's potential for a very long time. The amount of stories that could be incredibly told in NC are nearly limitless.

Part of me believe the next-gen patch is meant to be a somewhat soft re-release and that it's going to be the very first step of said NMS treatment but all we can do it is wait and see where CDPR wants to take this series.

As a side note, I remember a reddit post that made the rounds in Dec/Jan about some NMS style comeback supposedly leaked from some supposed developer at CDPR. According to it, the NMS style comeback was supposed to see it's first step in June. Who knows, maybe it was true and it had to be pushed back like everything else :shrug:

I'm kidding with that last paragraph, I didn't think the post was real back then nor do I believe it is now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom