This game deserves a No Man's Sky type comeback

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, the launch was a bona fide mess, impossible to deny, and the many many bugs are still unsolved, but what if I told you I still find them preferable to EAware and Ubisofty?
I wouldn't only totally understand but also fully agree. However I don't think being better than the absolute worst is something to brag about.
The thing with Hello Games is NMS was their first serious project, i wouldn't count their previous arcade projects as worth mentioning.
With NMSs initial failure the studio had nothing to lose and went the silent reborn way. If they failed - oh well, the studio responsible for arcade platformers didn't manage a serious project - who would've thought. If they succeeded, - glory. They succeeded. With CDPR the expectations are set beyond reasonable. They created an absolute masterpiece with TW3, and given the quality of their products skyrocketed over time, people obviously had immensely high hopes for CP77. We know how that went. Personally I think people expect CDPR to pull a Hello Games, but disregard the vastly different situations of both studios. No matter how much I wished for them going that path, it simply isn't financially viable for an established dev studio to go total silence for 3 years. They would miss out on so many business opportunities, for no real reward. Yes, us players would be happy, but our happiness doesn't fill no pockets with money. CDPR wouldn't die, but they would lose so much financially wise, it would be a bigger loss than Hello Games death.
Also having the IT infrastructure compromised months into development doesn't quite help with silent development.
This just isn't happening, and you couldn't imagine how glad I'd be to be proven wrong, but let's be real here.

"THIS GAME DESERVES A NO MAN'S SKY TYPE COMEBACK"​

it wont happen (at all)
Post automatically merged:

It is what it was supposed to be. It's not what some people fantasized about. Big deal.

I don't doubt there's a ton of videos on this subject. It's the internet. There's also a ton of videos "proving" that the Earth is flat. Big deal.

When they showed me a luxury mansion and told me at that very moment in the trailer how I could spend the money from the gigs, how many things I can do in the city (basically nothing, in reality), to tease me, and when they told me, LITERALLY, that I could modify the sports cars, I wasn't fantasizing, that's was exactly what they said and showed, and there are still other things "on the list" to say, but this subject don't deserve any more even a single, wasted, bit of bandwidth (I know, too late, my bad) to convince "CDP defense lawyers" to show furter the bad joke that this games, his development and most of all, marketing is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom