This game is a god damn masterpiece

+
This game is a god damn masterpiece

I was going to post another user review but I dropped that idea. Because words would fall short of giving it justice. So instead I'll just go through some major positive factors point by point.

Humor is fantastic and well balanced with the dark world its in. Just right.

Finally a dark fantasy RPG that lives up to the dark part. Not C'thulu dark but still within the parameter (which DA:I failed with).

I was hoping the writing would be Bioware quality. It wasn't. It is superior to that.

Love and sex is realistic and does not (one exception) fall into awkward or cheesy, but mature, smart and enjoyable.

Some of the side-quests are better than many game's main quests.

Combat system is great. A bit un-strategic early game (quen+dodge spam), but skill trees, oils and bombs offer so much tactics when entering lvl10+. Preparation being a key element is very satisfactory.

Characters in the game are smartly written and relatable. No spoilers but one made me cry. I'm a grown man ffs!

Choices matter. First time the devs uphold this promise in a meaningful way.

Haven't even completed act 1 I think, currently almost done with Novigrad. But I can already tell that despite my insane hype, the actual game surpasses the unrealistic expectations I had.

10/10. Yeah I haven't even completed the game but the rest of the game would have to fail so hard from now that even if the rest was *S* the game would still be rated highly.

Definitely feels like CDPR's Magnum Opus. I'm absolutely amazed by the story, characters and writing.

Agreed with the OP. The writing and world-building in this game is absolutely top notch. The quests generally evokes a range of emotions from joy, humour, melancholy or sadness, and only phenomenal writing is capable of that. Thank you for crafting a mature world for a mature audience, it's certainly better than the "save the world" and "retcon lore" crap like WarCraft or Dragon Age.

Last edited:
Totally agree, it's already a masterpiece and if small things here and there will be fixed I might even say that it's the best game which I have ever played. And I have played a lot of games. Thank you CDPR!!!

I'd like to add that unlike a certain company that shall remain unnamed, this game was made to run even on weak PCs satisfactory.

Yes everything else is on low but it's still great, I still have 1920x1200, antialiasing on, I have medium textures and ultra detail and STILL the game runs mostly smoothly. And I think I can raise some more stuff with a bit of experimenting.

That other certain company can go...well, you know.

CDPR is a company worth being supported by every gamer.

I totally agree!! No game I ever played sucked me into its word like this. And there are so many references to the books, fantastic :)
Most time alternative media of great books turn out not so good, but with The Wild Hunt, it's no disappointment at all.

I like the way the world feels more like witcher 1 than witcher 2, leading to a great witcher experience :D

I agree.

I actually didn't like TW2 too much, given how the combat controls where a mess when using signs intermingled with attacks and the story, I don't know, I never felt so much involved in it (sometimes it seemed all too much artificial), but this last chapter is really well done.

20 hours into game and this is already in top 3 games I have ever played (and believe me, I have played lots of games)

I don't know how to thank CDPR.

There is of course place for criticism and I haven't seen a flawless and doubt I ever will, I just hope devs can tell which is good criticism and not depress themselves over trolls and haters that internet (and sometimes this forum too, unfortunately) is full of.

This game is the first time I've played a game for 30 hours straight and not been able to put it down in years. Everytime I was about to put it down and get some sleep or something I just kept saying "BUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!!". Don't plan to make a habit out of that but damn, I just couldn't stop.

Some one?!?!
"Dios! Es una flipada de juego, increiblemente inmersivo, hipnóticamente creativo, con detalles que superan una crónica real. Odiar la guerra es tan fácil como cometer los mismos actos despreciables que la mantienen"

Sorry, I'm sure that any automatic translator couldn't chose the correct words.

I cannot talk about other people. I can only say that I feel like the first time I discovered The Witcher, 7 years ago. And TW1 was a break in my more than 20 years of video game experience. I mean a constant and untiring Wow! Aww! OMG!

By the way, I love the detail when Geralt looks time to time to the cam (to the player) when he's talking with the chamberlain, training the reverence.

20 hours into game and this is already in top 3 games I have ever played (and believe me, I have played lots of games)

There is of course place for criticism and I haven't seen a flawless and doubt I ever will, I just hope devs can tell which is good criticism and not depress themselves over trolls and haters that internet (and sometimes this forum too, unfortunately) is full of.

Thank you! It's always a great pleasure for developers to read that someone is so happy with the game.

Also: it's great as a gamer to read developers comments and get devs to answer questions, really shows that you actually care, keep it up!
(and not just community-responsibles but actual coders and artists)

Wouldn't know. Can't play with the terribad frame-pacing that essentially breaks the game. I'll try it again in another couple weeks to see if they patch it to a playable state. Shame that even after pushing it back, the console version is such a bug-ridden mess.

I don't even know how to word how much i am amazed from this game. Although i am just a couple of hours in the game (12 to be exact) and i am fairly certain that this is one of the best games i have ever played. The writing is top notch, the characters are believable and have three dimensional, well thought out personalities. The whole world is alive and begs to be explored. The fighting system is surprisingly fun and challenging on the harder difficulties and are a big step up from Witcher 2.
And despite the whole downgrade talk that is going on right now, i never saw a more stunning and beautiful open world game. I love to saddle up Roach and follow wherever the wind takes me, while i enjoy the beautiful scenery. Truely a masterpiece of a game and i want you from CD-Projekt to be proud of what you achieved. You made me one happy little gamer. :victory:
On a side note:
Just finished the first part of the quest with the Bloody Baron with the Botchling and the whole thing nearly brought me to tears. Both from how good this whole questline was written and how heartwrenching the scene is. Touched just the right spots, i am amazed.

Also: it's great as a gamer to read developers comments and get devs to answer questions, really shows that you actually care, keep it up!
(and not just community-responsibles but actual coders and artists)

I'm a troll and hater for pre-ordering the game-- sight-unseen, based on the hype and "reputation" for service these guys have built --- and then being upset when the game I had plunked down the cash for (two weeks in advance) is so buggy-- particularly from a framerate stutter perspective-- that I physically get ill and want to throw up after playing the game for more than 10 minutes (Games that make me that sick are FEW and FAR between) and so I complain rather vocally because I bought an insta-emetic coaster.
This being my first CDPR title, I don't know if they have decent post-sales support. Given that the games been out for 3 days and almost every edition is having two major issues (stutter/font size) most of the community is suffering & that CDPR hasn't seemed to have made peep one about a fix (or if they have, it hasn't made its' way to consoles yet), you'd have to forgive my being a little bit skeptical about these claims of "superior support". I want to play the game. I really do. The stills look great and the little bit I could play before getting sick interested me enough to want to keep playing. But for health reasons, I cannot. And being upset-- if that's being a troll or a hater--- then yes, count me in.

Great game but I cannot call it a PC masterpiece when it won't even let me rebind WASD, and one-third of the keys are locked. That is something I would expect from a rushed Konami port. I'm waiting patiently for the patches but it's something I expect to be resolved asap without tweaking ini files.

that I physically get ill and want to throw up after playing the game for more than 10 minutes (Games that make me that sick are FEW and FAR between) and so I complain rather vocally because I bought an insta-emetic coaster.

So you get sick for a problem that happens only when you move very slowly (you must do it almost appositely for it to happen, as many videos have shown), I understand. Why instead of coming here posting TWO times in an appreciation thread (when there are countless others dedicated appositely to problems, and many specifically to the one you talk about) don't you try to have a little of prospective and stop using hyperbole to try to gather attention?

But yes, you are troll, on this you are right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom