This game is a god damn masterpiece

+
Not only is the game great, but CDPR goes that much more farther and gives us 16 dlc's for free. Wow. Thank you so much.

Awesome job CDPR.

With CD Projekt RED's track record for post-release support, it'll only get better.

While I own all the titles multiple times and consider myself a fan of the series, this will be the most time I invest in one of the WItcher titles. I may even "finish" it! :)

It's a shame some folk are having issues, and I hope sooner rather than later they will be able to appreciate what the game has on offer.

Hey CDPR!

The Witcher III Wild Hunt is close to the top on my small list of the best games of all time.

- Combat is challenging and punishing.
- Combat is fun and engaging, requires you that you really think about your moves when you are facing many enemies.
- Bloody awesome finisher animations in combat (literally). :D
- Can disable all UI elements, and all "hand holding".
- Side quests are interesting.
- Some nice dark humour, irony, sarcasm.
- Interesting characters to meet, in main quests and side quests.
- Hard boss fights.
- Good monster variety, different fighting styles, weaknesses.
- Properly shows the cruelty of war.
- Graphics are great but not too demanding, a great balance between beauty and performance. Game is very well optimized, special kudos for the CPU optimization.

and more that I can't think of at the moment...

I noticed a notably performance increase with patch 1.03, well done!
:cheers:

Last edited:
I also want to add my part of the thanks, I've never played an amazing RPG like this before, it really raised my bar of what I'll expect from RPG from now on. So thank you CDPR for giving us a game that is miles ahead than what we were expecting :)

I also want to mention free DLC here. I purchased the Tamerian armor set yesterday and to be honest I was expecting a lack luster armor which usually is the case with free DLCs but I am surprised how well built it is and now I am loving every inch of it, thank you for making no difference between paid and free content. You have my eternal gratitude :)

I'll say one thing: choice & consequences.

Many have promised us this over the year. None have delivered. BUT in TW3 every one of your choices, even the ones you'll think as insignificant, can lead to some dramatic situation.

I know I've been criticizing TW3 a lot lately (mainly for technical reasons) but the game is delivering exactly what I was expecting in terms of story telling and settings.

So yeah, Thank you CDPR ;)

I bloody love it. I know there are a few minor gripes, but there is nothing out there that compares across the board. People who think Dark Souls or Bloodborne's combat is better are insane.

I had a moment (and this clinched it for me) where I was riding along a riverbed with a full moon ahead of me, the scenery was amazing and all of a sudden I noticed not one but two wolfpacks tracking along beside me on either bank. It was a lovely moment. The other moment was a battle I had with several soldiers, I managed to kill them all without taking a single hit, I just combo'd everything right. Dismemberment is also very cool.

I Loved Skyrim, but I never felt the sense of menace I feel in this game. The only things I miss from skyrim is the way individual items are "interactable" - Rather than loot bags. It just gives an added dimension of reality to the world (but may be due to technical reasons) and the Skryim menu system which I think is as about as good a system you can get in an RPG (except, for a few flaws around armour groupings and the ever growing potions/keys/scrolls lists)

To sum up - it's in my top 3 games EVER at the minute and I'm only a level 7.

"I was hoping the writing would be Bioware quality. It wasn't. It is superior to that"After borefest called Dragon Age: Inquesition I was hoping Witcher 3 is nothing like that. Bioware is now not what it used to be.CD Project Red shown how modern RPG should look and play. And storytelling is just amazing.I dont envy CDPR though. With how big improvement W3 is over W2 I cant even imagine how they can equally surpass W3 with their next project.

---------- Updated at 12:19 PM ----------

Not sure why paragraphs arent working for me and why I cant even edit my posts

"I was hoping the writing would be Bioware quality. It wasn't. It is superior to that"After borefest called Dragon Age: Inquesition I was hoping Witcher 3 is nothing like that. Bioware is now not what it used to be.CD Project Red shown how modern RPG should look and play. And storytelling is just amazing.I dont envy CDPR though. With how big improvement W3 is over W2 I cant even imagine how they can equally surpass W3 with their next project.

---------- Updated at 12:19 PM ----------

Not sure why paragraphs arent working for me and why I cant even edit my posts

I actually don't think Bioware's writing was "all that" - I love the European feel to the witcher, plus if you want the best ghost/monster* stories you need to head to Eastern(ish) Europe. Love the variety of british accents and especially the correct use of swearing, the empathis is always correct.

*Ireland excluded :)

In short: This game has allmost all of the things in it I've been wanting for in a computer game... for 30 years now. No other game comes even close. They pulled of a masterpiece.

This game is a masterpiece in RPG design and imo sets a new bar. It has so much in what I'm looking for in an RPG.

I've been playing it all week an hour at a time after work. I've been very impressed but last night everything was clicking and I fell in love with the game! It's really beautiful and I like how the secondary quests never feel like a waste of time. Well done CDPR! Well done!!

Same here, also very impressed, though I would not say masterpiece yet, it badly needs some patches to fix things up.

Regardless of small problems...(some crashes, some glitches), after 36hours I can only say that this is without any doubt the best game I have ever played. It is masterpiece indeed.

I wouldn't want to be the next studio launching an A-RPG after this one. Because for the next 10-20 years, every games of the genre will be compared to this one. And this is gonna hurt... A LOT ;)

It's a god damn masterpiece, I agree to that.

Got 24 hours played now and I'm just level 6 and there so much to explore and do.
Still I have not done much, I feel that I have done much.

HOW DO THEY DO THAT?

Make you feel you've accomplished a lot.

Still you have not, still there is like 90% more story.

YES! Congratulations to CDPR!
It definitely surpassed my expectations!
To the guys who are experiencing bugs, just remember that this is CDPR they never stop improving their games. I remember when the Witcher 1 was released it had tons of bugs, but not only they were resolved but also improved greatly with the Enhanced Edition, which added content to the game , all for free. I subscribed to this forum in 2008 when I bought the Witcher 1, and I think this is my second post, but I really think this guys deserve our appreciation!

Last edited:
I am gushing over how great this game is. Initially, throughout White Orchard, I was like, "It's good, not great." But now that I'm in Velen and going through the quest list, I am blown away by the design of the world. I just love how the quests give context to all these locations around the map, adds lore, character, everything.

Seriously, CDPR, I don't know how other open-world RPGs will be able to top what you guys did.

Just digged up my old account here to make this comment:

Thank you incredibly much for having made this true masterpiece of a game. 3 hours in I found myself hoping that you'd make another game in this world, and of course with Geralt in it (I know this is not the plan). This is a truly an amazing experience to play, and the definition of a game that I've always wanted to play. There are minor niggles that I know you guys are hard at work to fix, but the overall atmoshpere and immersion of this game is simply blowing my mind. Really hope you guys make lots of sales to fund a new game in the series and for big fat bonuses to all involved.

Thank you so much again and congratulations on a truly amazing game.

Edit:
Any good deep DLC you'll make I'll buy, consider them sold.In fact I´m almost hoping that you'd make this a monthly subscription game with added content each month :)

With this hype I was expecting to be dissapointed at some point. But the game exceeded my expectations.
How is this possible? :)

It's not a game. It's art.

I am not able to look at other open-world RPGs the same way i used to after this, its that GOOD.

I just entered Novigrad, and i lost it, spend an hour watching people go about their daily lives.
Best trilogy of games i ever played.

Top Bottom